/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Typical things asian parents come out with..

Sahabiyaat
11-02-2008, 12:06 PM
this is taken from a facebook group and sliglty edited where language was inappropriate!,Enjoy! :

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...3145368&ref=mf

Some of the stuff our parents come out with never fails to crack us up.. mostly down to it being so over the top and some of it just plain weird!!!.. and lets be honest.. alot of it just doesnt make any sense whatsoever...

eventho im sure this group applies to most people from the asian subcontinent.. pakistani, indian, bengali etc... its written in the punjabi spoken by people from the mirpur/ pakistan kashmir area... (with english translation)

Add any lines that have been used to abuse YOU...

ISNEY NAAL MEH KEH KARA? SARACH MAARA?
(what do you want me to do with this? hit my head with it?)..... talk about being over dramatic

MEH THARI CHAMRI LAI SORSA
(i will take your skin off)..... oh my god..

BADAAM KAYA KAR... QOI THAAKATH PEH
(eat some almonds.. so that you get some strength into you)..... i challenge all asian parents to provide emperical evidence for this

APNI SHAKAL THAK
(look at your face)..... normally used the day after a late night

SAREH NE UPAR
(on your head)..... typical answer when askin your mum where shall i put this

CHAA BANAA
(go make tea)..... probably the most common phrase to come out of parents mouths.. normally reserved for the females in the families.. heaven forbid that the son should ever be asked

BANDEH KEY AHSAN
(what will people say)..... the second most common phrase.. used in all scenarios.. parents constantly put the opinions of the community before the feelings of their own offspring

MI JANA THEYA WEH NA?!
(Do you know who i am?!)..... no, who is this strange man standing before me.. old skool mirpuri threat

SIMON KARI RYA WEH?
(have you finished all your uni assignments).....

AJ THU BAAR THEY JA.. THAKYA MEH THARYA LATHA NI PANYA
(you try to go out today and see if i dont break your legs)..... the extreme way of making sure your child does not leave the house.. disable him for life

BANDHA BAN
(be a man)..... i.e. stop acting like an animal

HUKOO!! MARA MAGZH NA KA
(hukoo *sound effect made by asian mums* dont eat my head)..... very bizarre, this one

HEH JUTHI THAKI YEH?
(have you seen this slipper?)..... other variations include: do you want to eat slipper? WARNING: not as nutritious as badaam

THORA WAAZ KAR.. HEH KANJAR NA KAAR NI
(lower the volume! this is not a man ***** house)..... hahaha... whats that about??!

MEH THARIYA PASLIYA NI PANYA THEY MARA NA SAJID NI
(if i dont break your bones my name is not *insert parents name*)..... if only child services understood punjabi

RAATHI KUSNEY NAAL GALLA KARNA SE
(who were you on the phone to last night)..... parents have a 6th sense of knowing when their child is speakin to a member of the opposite sex no matter what the time

KUDHAR JULYA WEH... KEREY TAYM WAAPAS AYSE... KUN KUN JAASI... KUN GADI CHALAASI
(where are you going... what time will you be back... who else is going.. who is driving)..... parents require a full itinerary before you leave the house.. even if it is only a trip down to the cornershop.. also you can never be too old for this

RASHID NA PUTHAR/THEE....
(so and so's son/daughter...)..... parents always always compare you with other asian kids... they cannot help to do this.. its in their nature

DHAFA OH!
(get lost!)..... short and elegant

HEH KEH THAKNA PYA WEH.. UNEH BANDH KAR
(what do you think youre watching?!.. switch it off now!)..... anytime something remotely to do with u no wat comes on tv.. also applies to B4U music

and the king of classic one-liners:

KAAR JAAI THEY THAKEE.. MEH THARA KE HAAL BANANA
(wait till you get home.. see what i do to you)..... the line that all asian kids dread to hear... strikes fear deep into the heart... this is the ultimate killer line

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Batool_W
11-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Lol that is so true, i like the little comments on the side

Soulja Girl
11-02-2008, 03:02 PM
:sl:

Lol ;D

:w:

Sahabiyaat
11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
this made me laugh sooo much, maybe because ive heard most of them! :-[ lol.

i read them to my mum and we both laughed and she told me to add 1 she says more often, which is;

"try doing that in your husbands house/with your husband/your in laws"

The amount of times i hear this everyday :rollseyes:
This can refer to any action like being lazy, watching t.v, doing anything wrong, they threaten you with your married life lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Soulja Girl
11-02-2008, 06:38 PM

^Lol, that iz sooo true... :rollseyes

:w:

innerawareness
11-02-2008, 07:48 PM
classic

lol

top post

^..sTr!vEr..^
11-02-2008, 09:31 PM
llooollzzzz ahahahaha im an asian buh THANKGOD my mother is not like that :D hahaha :p

Cabdullahi
11-02-2008, 09:43 PM
The other day i was like 'mum where's the can opener' and she replied 'its on my head'
i think every parent uses that line its so universal

islamirama
11-02-2008, 10:06 PM
i don't see what's so amusing? every language such phrases that parents use to communicate, some of it true to the word and some just metaphorically speaking while others are just a form of expression. sadly in all this, many ignorant parents not only curse their children but curse themselves without even knowing. For example, a father calling his son "kuttay da puttar" (son of a dog) or "ulloo da phatta" (son of an owl [fool]).

Ummu Sufyaan
11-03-2008, 04:16 AM
lol...jazakiallahu khair for sharing.
im not asian, but the folllowing sound familiar, none the less

format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
SAREH NE UPAR

KUDHAR JULYA WEH... KEREY TAYM WAAPAS AYSE... KUN KUN JAASI... KUN GADI CHALAASI
(where are you going... what time will you be back... who else is going.. who is driving)..... parents require a full itinerary before you leave the house.. even if it is only a trip down to the cornershop.. also you can never be too old for this
MEH THARIYA PASLIYA NI PANYA THEY MARA NA SAJID NI
(if i dont break your bones my name is not *insert parents name*)..... if only child services understood punjabi
that sounds way familiar :X

MEH THARI CHAMRI LAI SORSA
(i will take your skin off)..... oh my god..
only where im from its ill break your bones :skeleton:
or if your shaped tongued its: ill cut your tongue off and throw it to the dogs :X

(wait till you get home.. see what i do to you)..... the line that all asian kids dread to hear... strikes fear deep into the heart... this is the ultimate killer line
that reminds me of when i was a naughty kid :-[ it used to send shivers down my spine:exhausted. i didnt dare move from my spot, thats how much it used to freak me out *whacks forehead*

Re.TiReD
11-03-2008, 02:57 PM
lol is the punjabi mirpuri? That's prolly why I dont get it. But if translated into urdu it'd be:

APNI SHAKAL THAK
(look at your face)..... normally used the day after a late night
Aik baar apni shakal toh deykho :rollseyes

SAREH NE UPAR
Merey sar pey

BANDEH KEY AHSAN
(what will people say).....
Laug kya kahain gey :eek:

aadil77
11-03-2008, 03:15 PM

oh **** , I get this one all the time:exhausted:D
You'll usually get this one when you're out with your family and and you either don't listen to them or you embaress them (when you know it wasn't embarassing)

Orn
11-04-2008, 12:24 PM
lol.....My grandmother still compares me to another student who studies under the GCSE syllabus,and I'm on the GCE syllabus , and everytime I try to convince her that the GCE syllabus is harder than the GCSE equivalent, she just see's the result 12A's against my 4 A's 2 B's and a C(hate Chemistry), nothing helps me in convincing her :P

Liberty
11-04-2008, 12:30 PM
lol I love the Asian culture.

Malaikah
11-04-2008, 01:18 PM

Tewchnically I'm Asian, but from the Middle East, so I don't think I'm the 'kind' of Asian the post was directed at but WOW that last one really hit home lol. Those were the days lol.

Sahabiyaat
11-04-2008, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Those were the days lol.
are you kidding me, im gna go thru this for the rest of my life lol.

Faith.
11-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Lool
Them sayings were sooo funny
they made me laugh
especially the little quotations next to them:giggling:

I think all asian parents have used at least one of them phrases in their lifes:sunny:

aadil77
11-05-2008, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Orn
lol.....My grandmother still compares me to another student who studies under the GCSE syllabus,and I'm on the GCE syllabus , and everytime I try to convince her that the GCE syllabus is harder than the GCSE equivalent, she just see's the result 12A's against my 4 A's 2 B's and a C(hate Chemistry), nothing helps me in convincing her :P
yh gcse's are nothing compared to gce's

Sahabiyaat
11-05-2008, 07:44 PM
what are gce's? :?

Zahida
11-05-2008, 10:19 PM
:sl: Hey you forgot the "moun bandh kar!!" LOL good post!!:w:

cute123
11-06-2008, 07:19 AM
so true , specially this last one . and i miss those lovely days. really made me laugh out. I shared this with my brother. we bursted out in laughter.

x-strawberry-x
11-09-2008, 01:27 PM
loool im arab but my parents say stuff lyk imma chuck u out of the balcony or chuck u in the sea or eat u ... shock horror lol ruuunn caniball mommy

Afifa
11-09-2008, 01:31 PM

i read them to my mum and we both laughed and she told me to add 1 she says more often, which is;

"try doing that in your husbands house/with your husband/your in laws"

The amount of times i hear this everyday :rollseyes:
This can refer to any action like being lazy, watching t.v, doing anything wrong, they threaten you with your married life lol.
haha yup ... never get tired of hearing that one :giggling:

Simply_Logical
11-11-2008, 06:15 PM
lol funny!

aiyesha
11-15-2008, 03:32 PM
looolllll dis is sooooo tru i fink all asians go thru dis till der married i get dis all da tym n its soooo annoying ;)

BintAmjad
11-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Assalaamualaykum

Lol I've definately heard sum of these before another most commonly used 'Meh tere kaleji/jaan kad charniah (I'm gonna remove your liver (kaleji) or i'm gonna take the life (jaan) out of you) LOL!!!

Wassalaamualaykum

mystifyed
11-22-2008, 07:58 PM
lols thts really funny
my mum used say one alot i wont mention which one

Musaafirah
11-22-2008, 09:44 PM
OH! My! Days!
The one bout the "Wait till u get home"...I thought that was just my parents lol.
Yeah, and i never knew what it was that I did wrong..lol.
And the put it on my head one. That makes me laugh all the time.

Olive
11-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Rofl! This thread is joookes! :D

Saimah Ali
11-25-2008, 02:42 PM
:lol: *nods* ;D

fatima_01
12-05-2008, 02:56 PM
lol love it and i admit wit a great deal of embaressment my uses alll of these :p

Yanal
12-20-2008, 03:27 PM
My parents and I both call my sister a ghosi meaning lazy person I guess. Because she just wacthes tv and isn't joining LI. Wait that might be good it takes her to write one page of words in 5 hrs.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.