/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Black flags from Khorasan

Questfortruth
11-03-2008, 01:19 AM
:sl:

Recently, a brother told me there is going to be black flags coming from Iran and Afganistan. He also said the some scholars claim that the flags have come out. Also that Prophet Muhammad s.a.w said if they come out join them. What are the black flags? Who is the black flags? Any evidence? Howcome no scholars talk about the black flags?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
true_muslimmah
11-03-2008, 08:16 PM

I have never heard of that before. Maybe someone who does know can explain to us as my knowledge of deen is not as great.

:w:

Fishman
11-03-2008, 08:31 PM
:sl: On another forum I heard somebody say this was the Taliban, but everybody else disagreed including all the top members. It is quite a strict forum, so I think the guy who said it got banned.

Questfortruth
11-04-2008, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl: On another forum I heard somebody say this was the Taliban, but everybody else disagreed including all the top members. It is quite a strict forum, so I think the guy who said it got banned.
Yeah, I heard similar reference to Taliban. The brother told me that the sunnah and Quran would not be followed in the society anymore. The people of black flags would bring the Sunnah and Quran (shariah) back to society. Allah knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
11-04-2008, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
Yeah, I heard similar reference to Taliban. The brother told me that the sunnah and Quran would not be followed in the society anymore. The people of black flags would bring the Sunnah and Quran (shariah) back to society. Allah knows best.
I don't think it is the Taliban. They haven't exactly triggered some kind of global Islamic revival, they were just a bunch of fighters in a messy country that accieved nothing.

Questfortruth
11-04-2008, 09:56 PM
I don't think it is the Taliban. They haven't exactly triggered some kind of global Islamic revival, they were just a bunch of fighters in a messy country that accieved nothing.
I cannot comment on Taliban as I never met them or talked to them. But Allah Knows Best

S_87
11-05-2008, 09:23 AM
they have actually triggered, inspired and made a lot of people aware of islam. They are fighting jihad, whether you agree or disagree with their personal policies its unfair to just dismiss them like that

Thinker
11-05-2008, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
they have actually triggered, inspired and made a lot of people aware of islam. They are fighting jihad, whether you agree or disagree with their personal policies its unfair to just dismiss them like that
By Jihad I presume you mean holy war?

I’d very much appreciate you understanding of their justification for fighting a Jihad, who they are fighting the Jihad against and what they want to achieve?

- Qatada -
11-05-2008, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker

I’d very much appreciate you understanding of their justification for fighting a Jihad, who they are fighting the Jihad against and what they want to achieve?

you'll find this link beneficial;

http://www.islamtoday.net/english/sh...5&sub_cat_id=0

:)

IbnAbdulHakim
11-05-2008, 02:16 PM
i got this book called "emergance of dajjal" which states a man called mansoor will appear from khurasan (nowadays afghanistan) and lead the armies to victory - or to imam mahdi

subhanALlah, could he have arrived? :ooh:

S_87
11-05-2008, 02:48 PM

yes..
they are fighting for their freedom against whoever has invaded their country and killed their people. They are fighting in defence against aggression. They are fighting for their lives and their land being taken over by invaders

check this link out :)
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/20214/jihad

Thinker
11-05-2008, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
you'll find this link beneficial;

http://www.islamtoday.net/english/sh...5&sub_cat_id=0

:)
Thanks for the link I have read that. I have to say I find the explanation a little ambiguous.

The author says “jihâd means struggle . . . . There is no such thing as ‘holy war’ in Islam. This is a mistranslation of the word. Holy war is carried out to forcibly subject others to one’s religious beliefs”

Then he says . . . .

Fighting in war can be jihad . . . . . .What makes such fighting a jihâd? The answer is that fighting only becomes jihâd if it is for the pleasure of Allah alone and according to the Law of Allah.

I would have thought that any war would be a struggle and if jihâd means struggle the Taliban’s fight is a jihâd whether or not it is for the pleasure of Allah. It also seems logical that if it IS for the pleasure of Allah, it surely must be a holy war.

The problem I find is that, because Islamic teachings cover every aspect of a Muslims life down to the smallest detail it appears impossible for a Muslim to separate anything he does in life from his religion. So when it comes to fighting he looks for guidance in Islamic teachings and as the author says . . . .”The Qur’ân makes it clear that it is permissible for people to fight back against those who attack them.” It doesn’t then take a huge leap to turn any fight between a Muslim and non Muslim into a holy war (not least because a large part of the Qur’an and hadith are stories about Muhammad and Muslims fighting non Muslims.

Now getting back to the original statement and my question. The Taliban are fighting the Afghan government and the Afghan army who are supported by the coalition. If jihâd purely means struggle then they can legitimately call it jihad. If however they suggest that this jihâd is for the pleasure of Allah, then they could call it a holy war. The question is; is the Taliban fight a fight for the pleasure of Allah? If so, what is that pleasures Allah about it and who decrees that it pleases Allah?

Thinker
11-05-2008, 03:49 PM
yes..
they are fighting for their freedom against whoever has invaded their country and killed their people. They are fighting in defence against aggression. They are fighting for their lives and their land being taken over by invaders

Thanks I have read that link and it is quite unequivocal (albeit that he doesn’t say that jihad mean holy war).

(I'll skip the fact that we have two 'scholars' giving two different answers!)

This author says . . . . .

Physical jihad against the kaafirs becomes obligatory in four cases, which are:

1 – When the Muslim is present in a jihad situation.
2 – When the enemy has come and attacked a Muslim land.
3 – When the ruler mobilizes the people, they must respond.
4 – When a person is needed and no one else can do the task except him.

Again, someone might argue that because this interpretation doesn’t specify that this type of jihad is a ‘holy war’ it is difficult to argue that it is not when it is ‘holy men’ citing from ‘holy’ scriptures.

The problem with this interpretation is that it presumes that ‘Muslim land’ is something given to Muslims by God and as Muslims didn’t exist until the 7C and the land and the people did, how do you define Muslim lands?

doorster
11-05-2008, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ml#post1043812

Thinker
11-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Physical jihad against the kaafirs becomes obligatory in four cases, which are:

1 – When the Muslim is present in a jihad situation.
2 – When the enemy has come and attacked a Muslim land.
3 – When the ruler mobilizes the people, they must respond.
4 – When a person is needed and no one else can do the task except him.
Thinking about this one. If the edict give above is taken from the Qur’an and God’s message to was that Muslims should fight anyone who invaded Muslim land presumably God defined where the Muslim land(s) were? And, at the time he gave that message, at best, Muslim land couldn’t have extended very far beyond Medina?

MO783
11-05-2008, 04:52 PM
I do not think its Taliban as well, I don think they are the revivers of the Quran and Sunnah

Questfortruth
11-06-2008, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MO783
I do not think its Taliban as well, I don think they are the revivers of the Quran and Sunnah
Forget about Taliban. Just give the description of the people of black flags. People need to just relax and stop giving out judgements like its Taliban or its not Taliban. We don't know if its them or not Allah knows best. Maybe scholars can say who it MIGHT be.

Hawa
11-06-2008, 01:06 AM
yes..

But they kill 'their' people too. Just because they are muslims doesn't make them right nor are their actions unquestionable. And no, I'm not interested in hearing of media bias towards them, there are facts...and there are facts.
Stubbornly refusing to acknowledge evils perpetrated by muslims doesn't solve a thing.

Hawa
11-06-2008, 01:10 AM
The author says “jihâd means struggle . . . . There is no such thing as ‘holy war’ in Islam. This is a mistranslation of the word. Holy war is carried out to forcibly subject others to one’s religious beliefs”

Then he says . . . .

Fighting in war can be jihad . . . . . .What makes such fighting a jihâd? The answer is that fighting only becomes jihâd if it is for the pleasure of Allah alone and according to the Law of Allah.
Pleasing to Allah would be fighting injustice and such.

doorster
11-06-2008, 02:00 AM

“If you see the black banners emerging from Khurasan, seek to join their supporters even if creeping, because among them will be caliph Al-Mahdi.”

That Hadith was reported by Al-Hakim and Ahmad. But the chains of narration of that hadith were all unauthentic, though some Hadith scholars rendered it sound in general.....

Authenticity of Hadiths Pertaining to Al-Mahdi

Allah Almighty knows best.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.