/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to get rid of guests...

Ummu Sufyaan
11-03-2008, 04:25 AM
:sl:
...that stay over way too long...:'(
how do you tell them (politely) to go home

any ideas?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
11-03-2008, 10:37 AM
*bump

Re.TiReD
11-03-2008, 10:39 AM
:wasalamex

lol ;D just the laugh I needed. Reminds me of something that happened to us once.

Tell em your house is infested with rats and that the exterminator is coming round ASAP and that the safest thing for them is to go home :p

Danah
11-03-2008, 12:06 PM
LoL.....sis Jolie :D

what about you told them in indirect way that you have many things to do and you cant manage your time.........or you need more free time to do your things......things like that

but I hope that they are the kind of people that understand hints quickly

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
11-03-2008, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
:wasalamex

lol ;D just the laugh I needed. Reminds me of something that happened to us once.
lol yh they're so annoying...:X
my sisters have had the same run in..one of them: it tooks her 5 hours to say goodbye :mad:
the other: she stayed to suhoor (:muddlehea)

;D
talk about overkill :p

arent you supposed to make people like you...:-\

format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
LoL.....sis Jolie :D

what about you told them in indirect way that you have many things to do and you cant manage your time.........or you need more free time to do your things......things like that

but I hope that they are the kind of people that understand hints quickly
unfortunately they dont. :( you can drop all the hints in the world, and they'll be just sitting there like you've got nothing else on :exhausted

MO783
11-03-2008, 01:08 PM

Difficult situation, make dua and try be indirect etc

'Abd al-Baari
11-03-2008, 01:48 PM

It was narrated that Abu Shurayh al-‘Adawi said: I heard with my own two ears and I saw with my own two eyes when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) spoke and said: “Whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day, let him honour his neighbour; whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day, let him honour his guest as he is entitled.”

It was said, ‘What is his entitlement, O Messenger of Allaah?”

He said, “[The best treatment] for one day and one night; and hospitality is for three days, and anything after that is charity bestowed upon him. And whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day, let him, speak good words or else remain silent.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, and Muslim.

When you say long, how long so you mean? Weeks/Months?

:w:

Danah
11-03-2008, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
unfortunately they dont. :( you can drop all the hints in the world, and they'll be just sitting there like you've got nothing else on :exhausted

OMG:exhausted..........I cant imagine myself in such situation, when I feel like our guests are staying too long....I just leave it to mum to stay with them until they leave:-[ poor mama imsad
they either understand the hints and pretending they not, or they really dont realized that were really annoying and cause bothering to the others.....some people are so naive and innocent to realized those things

Kas1m
11-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Smack
And all this time i thought you were talking about LI guests who surf our forum

chances
11-03-2008, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
...that stay over way too long...:'(
how do you tell them (politely) to go home

any ideas?
Say you need to pray your salah.. then take ages in praying and then start to read the Quran, asked them to pray too..

if they pray with you then thats a good thing and if they dont pray they will feel bad and then leave

Faith.
11-03-2008, 04:38 PM

Tell em your house is infested with rats and that the exterminator is coming round ASAP and that the safest thing for them is to go home
^^^ Lol thats funny :D

Jus say you've cum down with a infectious cold and they'll be gone before you know it__lol:sunny:

Ummu Sufyaan
11-04-2008, 04:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

When you say long, how long so you mean? Weeks/Months?

just a few (too many) hours...

OMG:exhausted..........I cant imagine myself in such situation, when I feel like our guests are staying too long....I just leave it to mum to stay with them until they leave:-[ poor mama imsad
lol...we did that too, but even she got fed up :p

jazakumullahu khair...

Sahabiyaat
11-05-2008, 09:58 AM
anyone who has a problem with guests who become a burden, cant have had a worser experience than me!

walllahi....there are people who dont know Islam, yet still maintain good manners and etiquette and then there are those, whom i have the misfortune to know, that know neither Islam nor common decency!

Ive only visited pakistan twice (when i was 9 and 18) and the general rules goes that even tho you go to your own home there, your new to the country and hence should be treated as a guest and looked after, and even if this is too much to ask then atleast you should be helped out a bit, and if humanity is dead and no one helps no one, then atleast you should be left alone peacefully!

well none of this happend!

It was the boiling heat of june/july, (the only time entire familys can go anyway), and the relatives on my dads side..(i will not begin to describe them...i will only end up insulting them...and i dont wish to bother reallly), they would come before dawn and stay for days upon days...3 days would have been a joke for them!.....in the 2/3 months that we stayed, we went through hell, because everyday atleast several families would come, half would go back home, but the rest, around 10-15 people would just stay.

My auntie who was only about 23 at the time had to cook for everybody on her own! just imagine cooking for 15 guests evey single day plus all our family, making a good 25 people to cook for!! and not only that, there were so many of them that my family often found ourselves sharing single beds! just because we ran out of sleeping space!

Just because of them we had to eat in shifts! 10 people at a tiime! and me and my mum and sisters and auntie often ran out of food, and went hungry....and thats hard when its hot and theres not juch to eat..and nobody lifted a finger to help us....the women just sat down with all their kids and just ate and ate and relaxed while we ran around in the boiling weather cooking and cleaning and serving people....and this was meant to be a holiday.....

We couldnt ask them to leave, and they knew this so they just wouldnt budge! ....Ya Allah...its was like hell.....It makes me so angry just thinking about it....

Cabdullahi
11-05-2008, 10:03 AM
I know it happens but you just have to welcome them take them in and entertain them for the duration they will stay

Sahabiyaat
11-05-2008, 10:09 AM
In my situation, the men just sat with them, we women had to slave around in the heat, so brothers cant really understand the distress and pressure women have to go through with guests that become a burden.

we had 2 bathrooms and i had to walk over to my other realtives house because both were in constsnt use! .the guests would take showers and their own leisure, many of them were not so well off, and so hadnt seen a shower before and were just loving the luxury,...thats all fine...but they were becoming such a burden day after day, ...im never going back there agen! :enough!:

i never slept a wink during the nights because many of us had to share a single bed and my auntie, bless her, in her sleep, would push me right off the edge, and i would just be dangling off the edge wide awake, not wanting to wake her, and just thinking.....when will this alll end.lol.....seriously...I would not wish such guets on my worst enemy...thats how burdensome they were!!!!

BintAmjad
11-06-2008, 12:46 AM

:laugh: this thread had me in creases lol man i feel sooo sorry for u sis sahabiyat Alhamdulillah i don't think my family's ever been in that situation before but i know others that have after hearing their experiences I tell you it certainly sounds like a very stressful situation that no one wants to be in. :D

Isn't if funny that in these sort of situations u feel so hopeless, practically in tears at the time but then afterwards the whole thing just seems like a joke and can have u rolling on the floor with laughter... but then agen maybe thats just me lol... subhanallah sum ppl just don't realise...

Yanal
11-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Say that the food is burned we have no money to go out so can we come to your house. Or heat the place up. Or make terrible food.

north_malaysian
11-06-2008, 12:21 PM
it's a taboo in my culture to get rid of guests especially on Eid.

On Eid we would open wide the gates and doors from after Eid prayer until midnite... I've heard in some areas in Malaysia...it's until Fajr prayer... you MUST accept everybody who enter your house whether he's unknown to you or even your enemy. If the person ask for forgiveness...we MUST forgive him.

When I was 10, during Eid al Fitr, a madman (who is a Hindu) appeared at the gate looking at our house... he was so smelly and messy.... my mum called him to get inside the house, gave something for him to eat and drink and even packed him some goodies to take away with.

I know that some guests are really annoying, but it just against my culture to get rid of them...:)

Danah
11-06-2008, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

On Eid we would open wide the gates and doors from after Eid prayer until midnite... I've heard in some areas in Malaysia...it's until Fajr prayer... you MUST accept everybody who enter your house whether he's unknown to you or even your enemy. If the person ask for forgiveness...we MUST forgive him.

When I was 10, during Eid al Fitr, a madman (who is a Hindu) appeared at the gate looking at our house... he was so smelly and messy.... my mum called him to get inside the house, gave something for him to eat and drink and even packed him some goodies to take away with.

I know that some guests are really annoying, but it just against my culture to get rid of them...:)
Oh my God.......Until Fajer prayer ??
will those people will still have any energy to receive guests? :blind:

north_malaysian
11-07-2008, 02:00 AM
Oh my God.......Until Fajer prayer ??
will those people will still have any energy to receive guests? :blind:
it's once a year thingy...:D

Sahabiyaat
11-07-2008, 07:47 AM

aww how sweet of your mother and what a nice custom, which should be a muslim custom really.............i dont mind strangers!!!!!, ill serve um happily all day, just dont bring mer near my dads side agen, ill die of a heart attack.

Danah
11-07-2008, 07:58 AM
it's once a year thingy...:D
yeah you are right, just once deserve all the hard working, and what a great mother you have!
may allah grant her forgiveness and jannah

Ummu Sufyaan
11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
stay on topic please

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.