/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gay Islamic Group?

`Yousef
11-03-2008, 10:51 PM
:sl:

I was searching Wikipedia as I usually do when I am bored, so anyway, I searched the term "farouk" and I found this man.

El-Farouk Khaki

Apparently this man formed a human rights group in the 90's I think, called salaam claiming to be a muslim humanitarian rights group promoting gays in Islam.

How can people think of such a thing? I mean for starters it's publicised all over the western news that practising your homosexual "orientation" in Saudi Arabia is highly against the law. Secondly, All muslims whether Shi'a or Sunni believe in Adam and Hawa' (Sorry if mis-spelt). A man is meant for a woman, not a man for a man.

It's ridiculous that such a group can be created and labeled under Islamic "homosexual" group or whatever they want to call it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Liberty
11-04-2008, 06:48 AM
That's practically religious suicide.

`Yousef
11-04-2008, 07:23 AM
In which way? Suicide as in it completely doesn't fit with Islam? Which is what I'm thinking.

Liberty
11-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Yes, correct me if I'm wrong, but that goes against the Qur'an, does it not?
& yeah suicide in that it violates Islam & it's just asking for a whole lotta trouble.

Hmmm I'm wondering about Christians who are homosexual though.
I've conversed with a homosexual man, who is Christian but acknowledges his homosexuality, he despises himself for it and says he is helpless in this fight.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Orn
11-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I've heard of a few who reverted to Islam and went away from homosexuality even though it was very hard for them at first they went straight after several months

Liberty
11-04-2008, 11:33 AM
& I've heard of Christians who've fought the battle against homosexuality and won :)

Sahabiyaat
11-04-2008, 01:32 PM
see ^ it is possible, those who say they cant fight it, are not trying at all, because they have become so overwhelmed and enclosed in that frame of mind that they cant think outside the box, and some just refuse to try because, sickening as it is, they love it. +o(

AvarAllahNoor
11-04-2008, 01:45 PM
If a person is a homo, they should not be made to be felt they are abnormal, or evil. So many want to change, but fail because sexuality can't be altered as such. Embrace them, and teach them the truth, the former will only alienate them and take drastic action.

Sahabiyaat
11-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Im all for helping the ones that actually want to change ....but to be honest....i've spoken to some muslims female dodgy ones.....and they really scare me :-\:-\.I cant really connect with them at all.:-\ and also...turning out to be the object of their attraction,,......kind of traumatises you for life :muddlehea

bewildred
11-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I don't think that being homosexual in itself is haram. What is forbidden in our religion is to "practise" those deviated sexual acts. If a man feels that sinful attraction towards another guy, but, never gives in. Does it make of him a sinner?????

AvarAllahNoor
11-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Note ALL sexual urges can be controlled if the participant is tenacious! (Be it, hetro, homo, Bi)

AvarAllahNoor
11-04-2008, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Khan

Depends on the person.
That's why I said tenacious. It takes a strong person mentally.

Liberty
11-04-2008, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Note ALL sexual urges can be controlled if the participant is tenacious! (Be it, hetro, homo, Bi)
Good point. & all sorts of sexual urges are equally wrong, correct?
Outside marriage i.e

Mikayeel
11-05-2008, 12:31 AM
:sl:

I will close this for the time being, to many threads about gay people these days. Unless OP asked for it to be opened agian i will leave it closed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.