Remind me, please

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-04-2008, 04:31 PM
:sl:

Thread Approved.

Confucius
11-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Do you suppose that you will enter paradise untouched by the suffering endured by the people of faith who passed away before you? They were afflicted with misery and hardship and were so convulsed that the messenger and the believers with them cried out 'When will Allah's help arrive?' They were assured "Behold! Allah's help is close by.' [2:214]

noorseeker
11-04-2008, 04:38 PM
I need a reminder as well. any one out there

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Na7lah
11-04-2008, 04:40 PM
reminder:

Allah only tests those He loves

trials make us stronger

after hardship comes ease

:D

May Allah grant you happiness and remove your sorrows :)

Soulja Girl
11-04-2008, 04:42 PM

^Ameen... :)

:w:

Güven
11-04-2008, 04:43 PM
:salamext:

Allah Only Test Those He Love

Surah 94
Al-Inshirah

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

Have we not opened your breast,
and removed your burden
which had left you devoid of hope,
And exalted your fame?
Surely after hardship there is ease.
After hardship indeed there is ease.

So when you are free, work diligently
and turn your Lord with all your love.

"Happiness keeps you sweet, trials makes you strong, sorrows keeps you human, failure keeps you humble, success keeps you glowing,
and Allah keeps you going... " :)

Faith.
11-04-2008, 04:47 PM
I think having trials and hardships make us remember Allah Swt more and encourage us to ask for forgivness.

Na7lah
11-04-2008, 04:51 PM
"there would be no such thing as happiness if there was no sadness" :D just a quote my teacher use to say alot :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-04-2008, 04:57 PM

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:
"No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allaah expiates some of his sins for that."
Recorded by Al-Bukhari in Kitaab Al-Marad (Book on Disease), no.5641, 5642; also recorded by Muslim in Kitaab Al-Birr Was-Silah (Book on Righteousness and Keeping Good Relations with Others), no. 52/2573

highway_trekker
11-04-2008, 06:26 PM
[PIE]Abu Hurayrah (radiallaahu 'anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said: "Whenever Allah wills good for a person, He subjects him to adversity." [ Bukharee and others ]
[/PIE]

[PIE]Abu Hurayrah (radiallaahu 'anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said: "Hardships continue to befall a believing man and woman's body, family, and property, until they meet Allah (swt) burdened with no sins." [ Tirmithee ]
[/PIE]

[PIE]"Indeed amazing are the affairs of a believer ! They are all for his benefit; If he is granted ease of living he is thankful; and this is best for him. And if he is afflicted with a hardship, he perseveres; and this is best or him." [ Muslim ][/PIE]

[PIE]And your Lord said: "Call upon Me, I will answer you. Verily, those who scorn My worship they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!''. [Qur'an Ghaafir 40:60]
[/PIE]

Al-Zaara
11-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Be strong sis, inshaAllah, be strong. Verily after hardship comes ease.

In times of hardship, I remind myself of this: Qur'an [2:214].

IbnAbdulHakim
11-04-2008, 06:43 PM

Cabdullahi
11-04-2008, 06:51 PM
We have to keep strong tawheed:

Mankind! An example has been made, so listen to it carefully. Those whom you call upon besides Allah are not even able to create a single fly, even if they were to join together to do it. And if a fly steals something from them, they cannot get it back. How feeble are both the seeker and the sought! They do not measure Allah with His true measure. Allah is All-Strong, Almighty. (Surat al-Hajj: 73-74)

piXie
11-04-2008, 07:38 PM

Has Allaah chosen you for a trial? Ah, Join the blessed club!

May Allaah help us all to pass with flying colours, and give all of us ease very quickly!

Ansariyah
11-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Wateva that doesnt kill u, makes u stronga.

Re.TiReD
11-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Whatever doesnt kill you, might just try again. Oh SubhanAllah, I'm messing btw.

JazakAllah khayr people.

And sis Highway Trekker, your posts always mean a lot. And every single one of youse.

WassalamuAlaykum

Ansariyah
11-04-2008, 09:33 PM
May ALlah protect n grant u relief from ur hardship sis ameen.

Güven
11-04-2008, 10:05 PM

Amiin^

And Here look at this thread InshaAllah :)
http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...alamities.html

Zahida
11-04-2008, 10:11 PM
:sl: Don't know what advice to give you sis at this time........... My own life at the moment is full of difficulties ............... the posts above are very comforting words from our brothers and sisters...........

Do you have a copy of the book "Don't Be Sad?" If you do read from it and it will lighten your load and make you feel better.............. if you don't then get yourself a copy.........

Read read and read as much as you can say Allah over and over........ Read the Quran and read duas Yaseen, whatever you can think of reach out to Allah and he will be there for you................. No human on this earth can take away your pain.........

I pray for you little one. May Allah ease your difficulties/affairs... Ameen.xx:w:

F0z14
11-05-2008, 01:16 AM
Asalaam Alaykum sister, hope u are in good health and eeman. mashAllah every1 has given u good advice, i dnt really think there is much i can add 2 it. u knw everything sister, with hardship comes ease. and i also know that u have it within u 2 be strong. Our Beloved Prophet PBUH faced so many hardships, things we cannot even begin to imagine, and he is most beloved to Allah SWT yet he was still tested. our Prophet PBUH taught us to be patient and never lose faith in Allah SWT mercy! so dont feel down sis, thank Allah for the tests he give you and just be patient. ur in my duas sis xxxx

Yanal
11-05-2008, 01:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

Allah Only Test Those He Love

Surah 94
Al-Inshirah

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

Have we not opened your breast,
and removed your burden
which had left you devoid of hope,
And exalted your fame?
Surely after hardship there is ease.
After hardship indeed there is ease.

So when you are free, work diligently
and turn your Lord with all your love.

"Happiness keeps you sweet, trials makes you strong, sorrows keeps you human, failure keeps you humble, success keeps you glowing,
and Allah keeps you going... " :)

:sl: it's going to be ok. Like Güven posted:).

Ummu Sufyaan
11-05-2008, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
Tell me it's gonna be ok.
its gonna be okay. inshallah. seek help with dua...ask for patience...what is there left to do :thumbs_up
just keep telling yourself that is not the end of the world, and there are alot of worse things that can happen. :)

And that Allah only tests those He loves
allah only test whose who he loves. read my sig too...:D weigh up with what your going through with what you could be going through...and look at what those who have passed have been through) (eg the anbiyaa etc)
you know what sis, you have the best chance right now to walk in the footsteps of the anbiyaa :shade:
you choose what you wanna do :)
And that trials make us stronger
what cant kill us, will make us stronger, inshallah

And that after hardship comes ease.
hardship comes after ease...

Remind me, please
am i helping here :-[

check this thread out too :-[ :D

aaand lastely but not least, have a rose! :D *coughlook@mylovelyphotographyskillscough* :p :Djust tryna cheer you up :-[ :D

Re.TiReD
11-05-2008, 09:11 AM
lol SubhanAllah! You guys are cute (Only the sisters :p) lol BarakAllah feekum! May Allah (swt) bless each and every one of you and give you every halal thing your heart desires and replace your hardship with ease and keep you smiling always and grant you JannatulFirdaws! Ameen!

That was yesterday, today is another day alhamdulillah. Another blank canvas to paint as we wish. Hearts are in Allah's hands, but we have a choice to remain content with whatever Allah has decreed for us, yeah it kills at times...But blah....that's the name of the game, wouldnt be a test if it wasnt for diffculties huh?

Thinking back, I'm wondering how I would have reminded myself...And I think I wudda told myself this:

Did you know that an eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks? The eagle will fly to some high spot and wait for the winds to come. When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it above the storm. While the storm rages below, the eagle is soaring above it.

The eagle does not escape the storm. It simply uses the storm to lift it higher. It rises on the winds that bring the storm.

When the storms of life come upon us - and all of us will experience them - we can rise above them by setting our minds and our belief towards Allah. The storms do not have to overcome us. We can seek Allah's power to lift us above them.

Allah enables us to ride the winds of the storm that bring sickness, tragedy, failure and disappointment in our lives. We can soar above the storm.

Remember, it is not the burdens of life that weigh us down, it is how we handle them.

And this:

Any mental or physical pain....

is just a weakness leaving our body...to make us stronger & prepare us to face any tough task that is waiting for us in the near future.

I've found, the ones that have been through much in their own lives, begin to see the world in a different way. Compassion, understanding, love, and forgiveness can be found more readily in these individuals. The kindest people I know are the ones who have suffered much in life. Perhaps because they realize how tenuous and fragile life truly is.

...Posted by an amazing member on another forum. SubhanAllah.

Laa Yukallifullaha Nafsan Illa Wus'3ha

I'd prolly have told myself to listen to this here: http://www.dhikrullah.com/quran/ziyadp.html

Or this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_gfWcr5UDT4

And this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xKj5yY7lvSU

Or prolly read this: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2315 Coz it makes me cry each time I read it, lol I remem printing it off and making my sis read it once, and she asked why the paper was wet and why the ink had run :-[

Anyway yeh...Alhamdulillah for a new day.

WassalamuAlaykum

Ummu Sufyaan
11-05-2008, 12:22 PM
woohoo! :D alhamdulillah :)
fran fran shes our (wo)man, if she cant do it, no one can :p
as opposed to stan stan hes our man.... :p :-[:D
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
lol SubhanAllah! You guys are cute (Only the sisters :p) lol BarakAllah feekum! May Allah (swt) bless each and every one of you and give you every halal thing your heart desires and replace your hardship with ease and keep you smiling always and grant you JannatulFirdaws! Ameen!
ameen wa iyyaki :D

Thinking back, I'm wondering how I would have reminded myself...And I think I wudda told myself this:

Did you know that an eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks? The eagle will fly to some high spot and wait for the winds to come. When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it above the storm. While the storm rages below, the eagle is soaring above it.

The eagle does not escape the storm. It simply uses the storm to lift it higher. It rises on the winds that bring the storm.

When the storms of life come upon us - and all of us will experience them - we can rise above them by setting our minds and our belief towards Allah. The storms do not have to overcome us. We can seek Allah's power to lift us above them.

Allah enables us to ride the winds of the storm that bring sickness, tragedy, failure and disappointment in our lives. We can soar above the storm.

Remember, it is not the burdens of life that weigh us down, it is how we handle them.
I love it!

WassalamuAlaykum
wa alaykum us-Salaam.

Re.TiReD
11-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Who the 'Eck is Fran? :eek: lol ;D

BarakAllah feeki sis *wub*

JazakAllah khayr eberybody

MO783
11-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Yes its true Inshallah

Ummu Sufyaan
11-05-2008, 12:28 PM

Who the 'Eck is Fran? lol

BarakAllah feeki sis *wub*
LOL you now :p ;D ;D ;D
well what? i couldnt put stan...would u prefer stan instead...:p
wa iyyaki *wub*

S_87
11-05-2008, 02:52 PM
gaah i read ur first post and was thinking of something to write then read your second post and you reminded me :hiding:

may Allah give you what you want Jolie :)

Re.TiReD
11-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Ameen huni. And you too. Everybody has a unique way of reminding. Just post anyway ;p

roohani.doctor
11-05-2008, 06:22 PM
~people who don't know how to be sad can never be happy~ :coolious:

remember life is just temporary, and the more difficulties we face, the better character we develop....

:D

may allah bless you!

highway_trekker
11-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Made me smile Jolie...another day indeed :) Alhamdulillaah... thanks too btw for your moving reminder...
So the storm lifts us higher... we remain in the murky water but become treasured...adversity builds character... remember Jolie? It seems like all is true... in struggle lies true strength and salvation Inshaa'Allaah

'Abd al-Baari
11-06-2008, 12:08 AM

I have nothing to add really, just posting to say that Allah may not stop the storm, but he is right there in the eye of it, with you. Also read my sig, insha'Allah.

May Allah SWT ease your difficulties, and make them a means of forgiveness for you...aameen, insha'Allah you will be in my duaas.

:w:

Amat Allah
11-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Ameeeeen for all Duaas

Re.TiReD
11-06-2008, 12:12 PM
BarakAllah feekum. Seriously appreciate it.

Abdul Baari, you just reminded me of my old sig, 'Allah may not take away the storm, but He is with us at the heart of the storm' ... JazakAllah khayr to Londonfog, Amatullah and Ht also. May Allah (swt) reward all of you with nothing less than Jannah. Ameen!

bewildred
11-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Happy are those who die in the cradle. All they knew was a mother's love and tenderness.

anonymous
11-06-2008, 07:28 PM
we have to help ourselves before others can help us. do you feel you are doing your best to please allah? do u feel as though you have tried everything you can to put an end to whatever is hurting you? if you havent then its your fault. 'tie the camel then put your trust in allah. yes it is going to be ok but only if you takes the steps towards it being ok. for example you cant just say that i want 4 kids and not have an intimate relationship with your partner. it wont work out. make sure you take the steps you need to take and inshallah allah will do the rest.

allah hafiz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.