Very good documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcgCdn8I8kU

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Chuck
11-05-2008, 02:10 PM
anybody watched the vid?

Danah
11-05-2008, 02:47 PM
I am watching it now, but its 36 min and will need long time to download

thanks for sharing brother, I am interested on knowing more about Yusuf Islam and how he changed his life

Chuck
11-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Thank sis, vid is very inspiring and I think he is the right role model for muslims with the situation we are facing now.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
11-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
Thank sis, vid is very inspiring and I think he is the right role model for muslims with the situation we are facing now.
Yusuf Islam is once again a practising musician, in case you weren't aware.

See here.

Peace

Chuck
11-05-2008, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Yusuf Islam is once again a practising musician, in case you weren't aware.

See here.

Peace
It is in vid I posted, and he explains it why. That vid takes through all the stages he went through of his life, very interesting vid.

Is there any other thing you want to jump to conclusions?
Your welcome anyway :)

czgibson
11-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Greetings,
It is in vid I posted, and he explains it why. That vid takes through all the stages he went through of his life, very interesting vid.
There is no footage in the video that is post-2006, when Yusuf returned to using musical instruments. As I have been told many times on the forum: in the opinion of the majority of the scholars of Islam, that is haraam.

Is there any other thing you want to jump to conclusions?
Your welcome anyway :)
Thank you. :)

Peace

Chuck
11-05-2008, 10:31 PM
There is no footage in the video that is post-2006, when Yusuf returned to using musical instruments. As I have been told many times on the forum: in the opinion of the majority of the scholars of Islam, that is haraam.
He changed his opinion on the musical instruments in 2001 or early 2002, and he talks about the issue in between 19:00 to 19:40. And video discusses again the issue between 26:00 and 36:40, and footage with with music is somewhere between 29:00 and 30:00.

Anyway, this issue is not that important, and he is still a good role model. If anyone has to take the strict opinion, then, they can avoid the music, but that doesn't mean overall he is not a good role model. And vid shows his stage of life when he avoided music completely, he wasn't different at that time either, except he avoided music.

czgibson
11-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Greetings,
Anyway, this issue is not that important, and he is still a good role model.
Oh, I agree. He's a good man, for sure.

I didn't want to start an argument here, I just thought it was worth mentioning his use of musical instruments for the benefit of those who do take the "strict opinion", and might not have been aware of it.

Sorry for any confusion.

Peace

bewildred
11-05-2008, 10:59 PM
I ditto your conclusions Gibson. You're by the way much better than Fender.

Chuck
11-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Greetings,

Oh, I agree. He's a good man, for sure.

I didn't want to start an argument here, I just thought it was worth mentioning his use of musical instruments for the benefit of those who do take the "strict opinion", and might not have been aware of it.

Sorry for any confusion.

Peace
They would have known when they watched the vid, as vid clearly presents both views of his life. :)

Chuck
11-05-2008, 11:28 PM
Anyway, back to the topic. What other people found inspiring in his documentary?

I found many things inspiring, I'll list few.
(1) part.
(2) how he sacrificed fame and fortune for God, and he kept his word.
(3) the way he handled Salman Rushdie controversy.
(4) Bosnian portions in the later parts of the documentary.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.