Was that a raised voice? ^o)

Lol that's my explanation there. But seriously, its a serious ques ;p

IbnAbdulHakim
11-05-2008, 11:19 PM
well i do like flying

tis quite fun

but fighting can be fun too

i guess it depends on how im feeling at the moment

i'd like to fight and fly, that would be too cool !

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
11-05-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm just talking in any given situation.

Well I guess you have some extremes that cause you to react in a certain way.

Say one was extreme pain (emotional) and the other extreme anger...

Na7lah
11-05-2008, 11:22 PM
it would depend on the person :-[ but i'm more likely to fight back then to fly away

if thats what your q was :p

Re.TiReD
11-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Yeah, flight meaning to run away from the prob. Hide it, ignore it, Shove it under the rug where all the cookie crumbs go :p

IbnAbdulHakim
11-05-2008, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
Well I guess you have some extremes that cause you to react in a certain way.

Say one was extreme pain (emotional) and the other extreme anger...
if fighting back against emotional pain and anger is patience, then thats what should be implemented

and lol the only way people *THINK* they running away from it is by going to haram drugs/alcohol/girls but they only drag out the problem.

so yeh, fight, nothing else you can do !

Na7lah
11-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah, flight meaning to run away from the prob. Hide it, ignore it, Shove it under the rug where all the cookie crumbs go :p
i'll shove away all my work but i'll fight my problems :D lol

Re.TiReD
11-05-2008, 11:27 PM
No....You're totally and utterly wrong.

How is flight bad? Ok it's bad as in its a weakness, its a defect in my opinion but it dosnt mean ur gunna turn to summin lame.

Its just burying ur head in the sand sometimes, being cowardly rather than confronting it head on.

In anger I might do both. But I wouldnt wanna show cowardice. If its flight its only to save maself doing summin I might regret

IbnAbdulHakim
11-05-2008, 11:28 PM
In anger I might do both. But I wouldnt wanna show cowardice. If its flight its only to save maself doing summin I might regret
look at my definition of fight again , then you'll wanna edit that post o urs :p

Re.TiReD
11-05-2008, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
look at my definition of fight again , then you'll wanna edit that post o urs :p
I might wanna edit my post (I dont really ;p) but you've still left me sighing at ur lame explanation of flight: *THINK* they running away from it is by going to haram drugs/alcohol/girls but they only drag out the problem.

lol. What?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-05-2008, 11:31 PM
^ what goes up must come down

if your flying, pretty soon u'll be crash landing

*the wisdom shall never stop !*

Re.TiReD
11-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Yah ji, but we're not inanimate beings. We dont float as easily with the wind and fall as a leaf would. We're able to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and be tip-top. I dont even get why you said that btw ;p

IbnAbdulHakim
11-05-2008, 11:37 PM
^ the dust under the rug will always one day be uncovered - the one who ran away will always need to settle - you can run but you cant hide !

Fishman
11-05-2008, 11:38 PM
:sl: Don't fight on a flight! They'll kick you off the plane, or restrain you by locking you in the loo if the plane has already taken off!

Re.TiReD
11-05-2008, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
^ the dust under the rug will always one day be uncovered - the one who ran away will always need to settle - you can run but you cant hide !

You're giving me a headache :( lol

Yeah it's true. I was just gunna be melodramatic and say that some things in life....bring out the tiger in you :p

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl: Don't fight on a flight! They'll kick you off the plane, or restrain you by locking you in the loo if the plane has already taken off!
:wasalamex

And more importantly, dont mess with cows on a flight! :eek:

Fishman
11-05-2008, 11:58 PM
And more importantly, dont mess with cows on a flight!
If there is a cow to be defeated on a flight, make sure you do it carefully and make them think it started it (which it did, of course). Then they might vanquish the monster for you.

Na7lah
11-06-2008, 12:00 AM
;D cows are :offtopic: :p

Yanal
11-06-2008, 12:03 AM
I will fight with the devilonly I Would love to fly but above the birds invade at that time they ate something rotten and then ploop (white poo).

S_87
11-06-2008, 12:56 AM
emotional-flight
angry-fighttttttttt

transition?
11-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Depends on the situation.

When it comes to debates/issues, I usually try to fly, read and learn the issue in depth. Then come back and fight.

When it comes to doing good deeds, but I'm unsure about my sincerity, I fight. I might not get another chance to do a good deed again. hmm.

Liberty
11-07-2008, 07:05 AM
Yeah it depends on the situation.
If any reaction from me might worsen it, I'd bail.
But if it is a worthy cause & if I have been unjustly treated, & no third parties are in danger of being harmed, then fight :)

Sahabiyaat
11-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Fight.
Fight to the death.
that is courage.

(lawful fighting ofcourse, as pescribed, when you are oppressed, you kick ass)

Nájlá
11-07-2008, 06:33 PM
flight :hmm:

Sahabiyaat
11-07-2008, 06:42 PM
i remember an image of me as a kid being held back by a friend and me trying to charge towards a group of bengali boys who had asked me to fight them...i dunno why, cant remember. lol.Even as a kid it was all about pride, getting beat up but never losing face.

I hope ive chnaged. lol.

aamirsaab
11-07-2008, 06:42 PM
:sl:
Your body will tell you what to do if the situation arises. It's actually a very good mechanism in the human body - we have this automatic reaction to certain incidents where we don't even think about doing it, deemed as fight or flight. So, I cannot say which one as the situation hasn't arised. But, now that I think about it fighting has never been an option for my body, so I just tend to stand there or run away (at least from what I can recall).

What can I say, I'm a lover not a fighter.

Sahabiyaat
11-07-2008, 06:54 PM
If someone is courageous, doesnt mean they lack gentleness, i mean take the Prophet for example.

LockOn
11-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I do not like fighting, but if the situation calls for it and there is no alternative, then fight I shall. Though that situation has yet to arise for me.

ziyad786
11-07-2008, 11:54 PM
assess outcome of the situation based on flight or fight

Liberty
11-08-2008, 08:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
Fight to the death.
I hope you aren't speaking literally :P

format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
Fight to the death.
that is courage.
So is restraint ;)

Sahabiyaat
11-08-2008, 11:44 AM
no i didnt mean that literally lol....but if the opponent has the intent to kill....^o)..mmm..

Indeed.fighting is courage but restraint is true strength.

and think before you fight, dont go charging in like me :D

Masjidi
11-08-2008, 12:33 PM
punch straight in the face!

Z-Blade
11-08-2008, 04:05 PM
:salamext:,

What do you do?

Like personally.
Eh, are we talking about adrenaline here?:

Epinephrine (also referred to as adrenaline; see Terminology) is a hormone and neurotransmitter. It is a catecholamine, a sympathomimetic monoamine derived from the amino acids phenylalanine and tyrosine.

Epinephrine is a "fight or flight" hormone, and plays a central role in the short-term stress reaction. It is released from the adrenal glands when danger threatens or in an emergency. Such triggers may be threatening, exciting, or environmental stressor conditions such as high noise levels, or bright light and high ambient temperature (see Fight-or-flight response).

:D :o

Though personally I'd rather fight then flight. Which reminds me of a friend who used to love running, he'd start running for no reason some times and leave us behind ;o. Though this one time these 2 big black guys wanted to mug him so he just legged it, that's the only time I can remember him running for a good reason :O.

Wassalam.

highway_trekker
11-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Sometimes the benefit lies in fighting... and sometimes in leaving it...

Re.TiReD
11-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Haha, lol.

At the bro who mentioned adrenaline.

Nah thats not what we're talking about.

You're just over-complicating what I'm on about :o

I mean in general....in life....when you're faced with a problem do you face it head on or ignore it and hope it'll go away. Do you avoid conflict or do you welcome it :coolious: :-[

WassalamuAlaykum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.