/* */

PDA

View Full Version : almond trees

Ummu Sufyaan
11-06-2008, 05:33 AM
:sl:
we have 2 almond tress alhamdulillah, but the reason we never get to pick and eat them is becuase the brids come and beat us to it! (they come and eat them before the fruits are ripe enough for us to pick them).

so how do you prevent the birds from eating them?

any ideas?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cute123
11-06-2008, 05:57 AM
mashallah, no idea may be some people who own farms can give a suggestion.

we had one cashewnut tree in the farmland of our grandfather. the most funny part was that , the villagers were the first one to pluck the fruits but they ate the ripe fruit on top of it and threw the nutshell down on the ground. we use to collect them and enjoy. we never had issues with them

Malaikah
11-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Yummm!!! We have one too, I love the almond fruit!!!

One thing my parents do: put nets over the tree - not so great if you have a big tree though!

I know some ppl hang old CD's off the tree lol not sure how well that works though.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Oh great idea!... jazakillahu khair :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
11-06-2008, 10:52 AM

The CD's or the net?

If the net, my parents just used one of those old curtain things... you know those white see through ones that look like fly screen?

Ummu Sufyaan
11-06-2008, 10:57 AM
wa alykum us-Salaam
LOL the net :D
another great idea :D i was thinking where the heck am i gonna get a huge net from lol :p

Re.TiReD
11-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Nice. I love almonds. Why dont you put a thingy there instead?

A bird thingy and put nuts for em, they might leave the tree alone?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.