/* */

PDA

View Full Version : problems with huffath

AnonymousPoster
11-07-2008, 10:30 AM
ive managed to memorize some of the quran but stopped because i just cannot for the life of me do the revision.
the memorization's easy but the revision is killing me. i mean i just cant seem to motivate myself to revise :enough!:

pls help :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
11-07-2008, 10:58 AM
I know someone who feels the same way.
Finding revision hard isn't a good enough reason to stop memorizing at all!
It's like someone who's trying to lose weight and keeps gaining it back, so decides to give up, and just stay overweight and unhealthy.

The way I'm doing it is memorizing it from start to finish, then revising it, and then revising it again, and again, and again. And you revise it quicker every time. Start out with a couple of months, the next time in one month, then weeks.

There's never a point when you can just "stop" with the quran. You'll keep forgetting, and you'll keep revising, it's a never ending process. Until you're dead that is... :p

Danah
11-07-2008, 11:23 AM
I have exactly the same problem
but I try to memorize and revise in parallel but sometimes I find it hard to do so.
but sometimes I specify a time like once in the month to go over what I memorized.
another way is at the end of each week I do a quick revisions to what I memorized during that week, its easier since I still have it in my memory

S_87
11-07-2008, 01:20 PM
have you tried putting the recitation on an mp3 player or something so you can listen and revise when you are walking or something? this also keeps it fresh in your memory.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Ilyas
11-07-2008, 01:29 PM
For revision, it might be a good idea to work in groups, encouraging one another.

Zahida
11-07-2008, 08:17 PM
:sl::sl:There is a dua..........

"rubbeh zinni ilmaa" forgive me if i have spelt it wrongly,,,,,,,,,,,, In shAllah if you read this it will help. Ameen.:w::thankyou:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-07-2008, 09:17 PM
:sl:

Record your own recitation of all the surahs you've memorized and keep listening to it. Memorizing by your own voice/recitation is a lot easier than using others' recitations.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.