/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Being Ill

IbnAbdulHakim
11-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

does it not feel that when we become ill, all temptation is taken away from us. Its like all we feel like doing is repenting.

Its amazing how Allah bestows such a feeling upon us, its like you can FEEL the purification !

Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, If Allah loves a servant, He sends them trials.

And the Light of Creation, our Beloved Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) also said, Trials continue to afflict believers, male and female, in their persons, children, and wealth, until they meet alive without a single sin. [Tirmidhi and Ahmad]

The Beloved of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) reminded us that:

"No tiredness, illness, difficulty, sorrow, harm or sadness afflicts a Muslim, even to a thorn pricking him, without Allah wiping away his errors through it." [Recorded by Bukhari and Muslim, from Abu Sa'id and Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with them)]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
11-07-2008, 02:09 PM
:wasalamex

JazakAllah khayr bro.

You feel a kinda quiet contentment for some reason.

WassalamuAlaykum

Nájlá
11-07-2008, 06:46 PM
True....its an amazing feeling

jazakallah khair akhi

Pk_#2
11-07-2008, 07:15 PM
You know feel much better than those around you, 'cause then they complain about not facing as much trails as you, it's kinda cute...

Anyhow,

Najm gave me this today:

The messenger of Allaah (Salallahu Alayhi Wassalam) asked: his companions what they like the most:

Abu Bakr (RadiAllahu Anhu): Speaking to you, listening to you and sitting with you
Umar (RadiAllahu Anhu): The truth, speaking it and ruling by it
Uthman (RadiAllahu Anhu): To feed the needy, spread peace and pray late at night
Ali (RadiAllahu Anhu): To take care of guests, fasting in the summer and fighting with my sword
Abu Dhar (RadiAllahu Anhu): Thirst, Illness and death

The prophet asked Abu dhar why? He replied:When I'm thirsty I will ask Allaah, when I'm ill I will make dhikr (sp?) and when I die I will meet my Lord!

And I just laughed and thought, what the heck I'm done with asking Allaah to take away my trails, instead ima ask for more =P

So yeah there you have it...

JazakAllaah khair for your reminder bhaiya.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
11-07-2008, 09:05 PM
^ wa iyyaki guess what else, dr bashar shala said that abu bakr radhiallahu anhu wasnt a fan of medication :D

Pk_#2
11-07-2008, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
^ wa iyyaki guess what else, dr bashar shala said that abu bakr radhiallahu anhu wasnt a fan of medication :D
sikkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coolious:

Get told off everyday, actually my med are all lined up behind the pc right now! =D

Tell sassi to join Li, nah fo reals, that would be supa supa cool!!!!

*poKez sassi*

ziyad786
11-07-2008, 11:50 PM
:w:
very true akhi, i think its the fitra to turn to Allah (Swt) in such cases. May Allah allow us to remmember Him in all situation. ameen.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Ameen !

Pk_#2
11-08-2008, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ziyad786
:w:
very true akhi, i think its the fitra to turn to Allah (Swt) in such cases. May Allah allow us to remmember Him in all situation. ameen.
Ameen!

*Bashes head against wall & screams 'IM A ROKSTA'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Faith.
11-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Ameen!

I love being Ill
^
I know that sounds crazy....but I love the feeling you get after you get better...:p
Its like you've just had a 24 hour relaxing nap and your ready to go again...!
:D

Re.TiReD
11-10-2008, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
instead ima ask for more =P

:salamext: hun,

Dont take my word for it but I'm sure I read somewhere that we shouldnt ask for more trials and suffering. If Allah (swt) saves us from something then why ask for it? Allahu A'lam.

And no poking Sassi/Amma *smacks TJ*

IbnAbdulHakim
11-10-2008, 12:22 PM
how do i make the sniffles/coughing go away? like even temporarily?

Re.TiReD
11-10-2008, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
how do i make the sniffles/coughing go away? like even temporarily?
Erm...Tea. Drink tea. Tbh I didnt take anything for the sniffles coz I had a million other things hurting at the same time so I just took Sudafed.

But yah...Chai or lemon tea or honey.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-10-2008, 12:32 PM
^ im at work lol, was hoping something i could buy from the chemist n take wiv water, its making my so uncomfy at work... probably even annoying colleagues..

Re.TiReD
11-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Ahh ok....Go to the chemist and ask there insha'Allah. I'd prolly tell you to take something far too strong and then summin might happen to you and I dont want summin to happen to you :-\ they'd be able to advise you best.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-10-2008, 12:50 PM
^ lol ok jizakAllah khair eiva way

im guessing paracetamol wont take away the sniffles then...

Re.TiReD
11-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Maybe. Depends. Take it though. If you ask at the chemist they'd probably try giving it you anyway. It took me time to convince em I needed summin stronger :exhausted

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!