/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Displaying photographs in the home?

paradise88
11-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Salam brothers and sisters..

I know this must be a silly question.. i know we shouldn't display photographs of people and animals because 'angels' wont enter the house or something.. But why? We don't have any, but i wanted to know the reason behind it... :s

I always hear different things lol

Thanks
Wasalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-07-2008, 04:14 PM
It is mentioned in Tawdih that our scholars and others have stated that it is extremely forbidden to make the picture of an animal and it is from the enormities, whether one makes it and is used in a way that is degraded (i.e. cushion, pillow etc) or not (i.e. as a picture frame etc). It is extremely forbidden as it is like resembling the creation of Allah. It is equal in forbiddance, whether the picture is on a cloth, carpet, dinar, dirham, fils (coin), utensil or wall.

As for something which is not a picture of an animal, like the sea and the like, is not forbidden, whether it has a shadow of it or not.

This is what a group of scholars have said, from amongst them being Imam Malik, Sufyan, Abu Hanifa and others (May Allah be pleased with them all).

(Imam Badr al-Din Al-Ayni , Umdat al-Qari 22.70)

And Allah alone gives success.

- Ilyas Patel

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.