/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it allowed?

AnonymousPoster
11-08-2008, 02:53 AM
Is it allowed to be very close to your uncle? I mean really close that you tell him everything and like treat him like a best friend? and you're a girl?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
11-08-2008, 10:20 AM
:sl:

If he is your Mehram then there is no problem with it

Ummu Sufyaan
11-08-2008, 10:24 AM
why wouldnt it be :?
:)

S_87
11-08-2008, 12:40 PM
yes its fine if he is your mahram

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
11-08-2008, 01:52 PM
and the definition of mahram = FIRST uncle IE = your fathers brothers or your mothers brothers !

Al-Zaara
11-08-2008, 02:28 PM
^ Good you said that.

I guess it's allowed, but I'd just like to say that do not go overboard with it... His wife or children for example, maybe they could get slightly disturbed by such an close relationship or it might even get misunderstood, that wouldn't be right either, I don't know how it's the case in your family or culture... I'm just saying!

Riyadh-ul-Jannah
11-08-2008, 03:04 PM

I think its okay, I mean you are only telling your uncle things,
but as Al-Zaara said, not to go overboard.

:w:

AnonymousPoster
11-08-2008, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Is it allowed to be very close to your uncle? I mean really close that you tell him everything and like treat him like a best friend? and you're a girl?
Wow go girl, I wish I had a good relationship with my uncle =( I hate him to bits...:D I mean imsad

Snowflake
11-08-2008, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Talking to your uncle is permissable by all means. But talking about certain things may be sinful even with mahrams.

Some things you talk about may amount to backbiting. This means talking about someone behind their back in a manner they would not like. So if that is happening, it should be avoided.

Also the way we talk even to our own sisters, differs from the way we talk to our brothers. There is a limit which stems from having hayya. We should observe hayya and guard our tongues as Allah swt detests vain/loosetalk.

Thirdly dear sis, remember that the shaytaan and the evil within us, is always trying to tempt us into straying from the right Path. My view is that we should not be too pally pally (and definitely not physically affectionate) with even uncles, as I'm sorry to point out that sometimes it is the very people we trust that break their limits, or at least feel tempted to do so.

kind regards

seeker-of-light
11-08-2008, 05:31 PM
hes a mahram so is fine:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.