/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety due to Jinn Experience

AnonymousPoster
11-08-2008, 10:23 PM
I started becoming religious about 4 months ago, and straight after, i had a Jinn experience...i was sleeping at night, woke up, moved over to my side all of a sudden i was paralysed, couldn't speak, couldn't move...nothing, and until i said allah's name...it went. I didn't really realise what happened to me but all of a sudden i felt scared but didn't know why and i talked to one religious girls and she said it was a jinn. I wasn't really familiar with jinn's...just thought they lived in woods and came out at night...however i tried not to let what happened get to me. But then a few days after...i had a panic attack out of the blue and i didn't know why...then the following two weeks, i basically lost the plot, thought i was going crazy, thought i was dying. it was just all surreal. i had to go to a molvi who said i had a jinn with me who followed me everywhere and was causing me distress...he gave me a tasveeh and some holy water and inshallah i got better...however i started to develop anxiety and thought i was going to do, i thought i couldn't breathe and now my body has become depressed. from a bubbly fun loving girl who everyone said was always happy...i am not broken in pieces and i feel like theres no where out. i have hyprochrondia, severe headaches and i just don't know what to do anymore...i just pray to allah (swt) to get me out of this mess because i can't seem like a way out, i always think there's something wrong with me even tho i know there isn't...i just want to be back to me normal self and can't stop crying...i'm really trying to keep myself strong but i can't believe a jinn could ruin me like this :cry::cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-08-2008, 10:34 PM
its ok my muslim fellow!

recite surat an-nas -al-falaq and ikhlaas and ayatul kursi, Allah will protect you inshAllah !

AnonymousPoster
11-08-2008, 10:35 PM
i know that but i'm going through anxiety and i don't know why, i always feel like something is wrong with me. i don't understand how a jinn experience can make me feel this way.

Fishman
11-08-2008, 10:38 PM
:sl: I don't know whether the paralysis thing is a Jinn or not, there is a condition called sleep paralysis, I used to get it a lot. But the fact that it went away when you said Allah's Name is a bit spooky...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nadia030812
11-08-2008, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl: I don't know whether the paralysis thing is a Jinn or not, there is a condition called sleep paralysis, I used to get it a lot. But the fact that it went away when you said Allah's Name is a bit spooky...

sleep paralysis is the psychological perspective...it is actually a jinn...well thats what i've been told anyway because since ive been reading kursi and 4 qul's i don't get it.

Argamemnon
11-08-2008, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I wasn't really familiar with jinn's...just thought they lived in woods and came out at night
Are you serious?

Anyway, that sounds terrifying. I hope you will overcome it, make lots of dua ask God for help.

nadia030812
11-08-2008, 10:52 PM
i don't want to go on anti depressants thank you very much.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-08-2008, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nadia030812
sleep paralysis is the psychological perspective...it is actually a jinn...well thats what i've been told anyway because since ive been reading kursi and 4 qul's i don't get it.
your very correct.

mashAllah

my sister suggests you cover your hair before you go to bed and whilst sleeping as it attracts jinns

nadia030812
11-08-2008, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
your very correct.

mashAllah

my sister suggests you cover your hair before you go to bed and whilst sleeping as it attracts jinns
yeah but sister...im not scared of jinns, but im scared about dying etc...i dont know why i think like this now. i only thought like this after i became religious and i don't understand why. maybe its a test from allah :(...inshallah allah will give me strength to overcome this.

ziyad786
11-08-2008, 11:01 PM
:sl:
first do not fear anything except Allah (SWT) don't forget He is the creator of ALL.

-this "molvi" did he ask you your date of birth and mothers name etc?

-This is an illness and if it is from the unseen it needs to be treated in correct way according the Sunnah of the prophet (Saw).

i.A could you tell me if you have any strange dreams occasionally?

alcurad
11-08-2008, 11:03 PM
sleep paralysis is not caused by jinn, as there is no evidence for such in the qur'an or sunnah to begin with, please do not mix cultural myths with Islam.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nar...CTION=symptoms

nadia030812
11-08-2008, 11:08 PM
no he didnt, unfortunately i didn't actually get to see him. but he gave me what he thought would cure me.

whats the correct way of it being treated?

and no i don't have any dreams. just normal day to day dreams about my friends or family but hardly ever.

format_quote Originally Posted by ziyad786
:sl:
first do not fear anything except Allah (SWT) don't forget He is the creator of ALL.

-this "molvi" did he ask you your date of birth and mothers name etc?

-This is an illness and if it is from the unseen it needs to be treated in correct way according the Sunnah of the prophet (Saw).

i.A could you tell me if you have any strange dreams occasionally?

Ayesha Rana
11-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Jinn can't do anything to u if u don't let them. don't be afraid. Read the last 3 surahs of the qur'an 3 times each and then the Ayat al kursi. NOTHING will happen to u without Allah's will so pray to Allah for protection-and who is abetter protecter than Him? He created the Jinn, He can do whatever He wills.

If u read the ayah's from the qur'an about Allh's punishment it hurts the Jinn so do that. and when u recite ur dua's and surah's make sure u have the meaning in front of you. there isn't much point in reading something u don't understand

ziyad786
11-08-2008, 11:13 PM
well you need to make sure if this is a pyshocological issue or related to jinn... my suggestion is to listen to surah bakarah. idealy ayatul kursi, followed by sura iklas, sura falaq and sura nas repeatdly. If you have a panic attack whilst doing that or feel of tremendous unease and desire to switch it of then it is highly likly to be jinn related.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-08-2008, 11:15 PM
yeah but sister...im not scared of jinns, but im scared about dying etc...i dont know why i think like this now. i only thought like this after i became religious and i don't understand why. maybe its a test from allah :(...inshallah allah will give me strength to overcome this.
my sister responds:

death is inevitable

at the end of the journey there is Allah
and whoever loves to meet Allah, Allah loves to meet them

Assalamu Alaikum

nadia030812
11-08-2008, 11:15 PM
i just don't know anymore because before i became religious...i was so happy and bubbly, nothing phased but every since i started praying, i worry about everything way too much and i dont understand why. maybe its a test from allal (swt).

ziyad786
11-08-2008, 11:18 PM
i just don't know anymore because before i became religious...i was so happy and bubbly, nothing phased but every since i started praying, i worry about everything way too much and i dont understand why. maybe its a test from allal (swt).
Do what i suggested inshallah and don't worry. From my own experiance and hearing from others it is rather common to have problems of such when coming into the deen. Its shaytaan's way of trying to drag you down again from the true happiness. N ofcourse its a trial life is full of trials to test our commitment to Allah.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-08-2008, 11:19 PM
subhanAllah, you were ALWAYS suppose to worry!

you were ALWAYS suppose to be "phased" as you put it.

we arent suppose to be ignorant of the truth, the truth being the life which is coming after this one.

the here-after is everlasting, this life is temporary, maybe the way you were before was the flaw, and now that you have started to pray your heart has softened, and now you are able to see better.

indeed prayer lifts the veils from the heart,

Ayesha Rana
11-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Well remember. When Allah wishes to favour His servant, He puts him through a trial and then rewards him for his patience insha'Allah so be patient. You turned to Allah and the Shaitan is mad at that. of course he's gonna try and mess things up for u. Shove him where he belongs.

nadia030812
11-08-2008, 11:37 PM
i worry about stupid things like my health...when im perfectly healthy so i don't understand why i'm worrying. its like i have two minds...one telling me im going to die and im going to have a heart attacks or lung disease and then theres the real me who knows im being stupid. its hard to explain. but inshallah i need to fight the negative thoughts and i'll be ok. i know allah's testing me because i was so much happier before but much more happier now that i'm praying but i was never that religious before so i just think that obviously allah's going to test me to see how much i actually want to get closer to him cos its like i'm thinking...if i stop praying...maybe i'll be happy again...i know its shaytaan playing and messing with my head and inshallah i will never ever give in, no matter how hard it gets. please remember me in your dua's.

doorster
11-09-2008, 12:01 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-happened.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ossession.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...paralysis.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...351-scary.html

aminahjaan
11-10-2008, 01:42 AM
Holy ...This happened to me too I swear
Maybe it WAS a jinn experience. I told that to someone you know that I get up in the middle of the night I can't move or say Allahuakbar Or shout my brothers name to get help and I got so scared. I got the weirdest dreams. But everyone said it was my imagination....jeez.

But on the flipside I've heard when you're half asleep or fully asleep
that happens. and it's normal.
Maybe you're overreacting
but it is very scary.

Farhan1
11-10-2008, 02:34 AM
Dear Sister,
Salaam

What you are experiencing is not jinn its called anxiety attack or panic attack. There is a hadiths too which is said the shaitan will put some thoughts in your mind and run away. The best cure is just observe the thoughts come in your mind and divert your attention to something you like dont give it more importance the importance you give the more it will grow the much you ignore the more it will go away.
Regarding Thavis please do not ever go into this habit thavis is not allowed as you believe that wearing thavis will cure your or will protect is also a act of shirk only ALLAH can cure and protect us. Eventhough you know this you can also see some hadiths related to thavis which is not allowed.
I gone through your condition and also sometimes i get also the weird thoughts like you fear of death etc etc my advice for you is keep cool and calm and relaxed you can do meditation (10 mins a day) which will help you out to calm and relaxed (sit eye closed and watch your breath out and in for 10 mins) no need to say anything or think anything you will get thoughts flowing in you mind just keep concentrating on your breath Inshallah you can see the improvements.

cute123
11-11-2008, 06:57 AM
i agree with brother farhan

Ushae
11-11-2008, 11:33 AM
You are experiencing anxiety because you fear this Jinn. This is the first mistake you've made, you should fear nothing except Allah. Remember him and keep your prayers consistent and he will always protect you.

The Jinn fear Allah, that is why it left you.

There is a possibility this isn't a Jinn at all. It may very well be an anxiety attack, temporary loss of control followed by panic is very common in such a case. Have you seen a doctor about this ? You should, because you may very well have a genuine condition ( that will progress, if you leave it unchallenged) that will worsen if it isn't looked at. Don't leave any possibilities sister. Better safe than sorry :).

Also, I highly recommend you memorise Ayat-ul-Kursi and Sura An-nas, there are very potent in protecting you throughout your day.

Peace be with you,
Usman

nadia030812
11-12-2008, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ushae
You are experiencing anxiety because you fear this Jinn. This is the first mistake you've made, you should fear nothing except Allah. Remember him and keep your prayers consistent and he will always protect you.

The Jinn fear Allah, that is why it left you.

There is a possibility this isn't a Jinn at all. It may very well be an anxiety attack, temporary loss of control followed by panic is very common in such a case. Have you seen a doctor about this ? You should, because you may very well have a genuine condition ( that will progress, if you leave it unchallenged) that will worsen if it isn't looked at. Don't leave any possibilities sister. Better safe than sorry :).

Also, I highly recommend you memorise Ayat-ul-Kursi and Sura An-nas, there are very potent in protecting you throughout your day.

Peace be with you,
Usman
i have been doctors, they say i suffer from anxiety. the prescribed me anti depressants. i will never ever take anti depressants. i dont believe in medication to cure or make your mood better. i'm getting better now anyway. insha'allah i hope allah is answering my dua's. even if their not getting answered, i know allah is there for me. i am no longer scared of jinns, i havent been scared of them for 21 years of my life, so im not gonna let them ruin the rest of my life by being scared.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.