View Full Version : Can we buy poppies?

anonymous
11-09-2008, 04:32 PM
And donate to the poppy appeal?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
11-10-2008, 08:25 AM
:sl:
what are poppies...you mean the flowers, right:?

and whats the poppy appeal :?

Banu_Hashim
11-10-2008, 08:36 AM
don't see why not..

'Abdul Rahmaan
11-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Hey brother, what exactly did you mean? poppies or puppies ? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
11-10-2008, 11:53 AM
:salamext:

Aren't poppies used to remember those who died in world war two? Or those disbelievers who have died whose desires were false?

If this is so, then don't wear it.

S_87
11-10-2008, 01:14 PM
they are now used to support those who are serving and have served today...those troops in afghanistan/iraq..

anonymous
11-10-2008, 05:24 PM
So is it haram?

Banu_Hashim
11-10-2008, 05:30 PM
I thought the money just went to charities?

wildkat
11-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Hmm am curious to know the answer to this aswel, does anyone know if it is haraam or not??

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

Aren't poppies used to remember those who died in world war two?
It was WW1 not WW2.

AnonymousPoster
11-10-2008, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
they are now used to support those who are serving and have served today...those troops in afghanistan/iraq..
Would you like to support the above?

If you would like to donate to charities, there are various Islamic Charities available,

If members of your family are also unfortunate, they come first and then you can think about other types of charity,

=)

S_87
11-11-2008, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
I thought the money just went to charities?
The Royal British Legion provides financial, social and emotional support to millions who have served and are currently serving in the Armed Forces, and their dependants. Currently, nearly 10.5 million people are eligible for our support and we receive thousands of calls for help every year.

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/cont...e-508920.shtml

Woodrow
11-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Buddy Poppies are made by members of the DAV. The DAV is a non government organization made up of people who were disabled while serving in the US military.

I am a member. Although I am seldom active as a member, I assure you it has no government affiliation. The money raised goes to buy incidentals such as soap, snacks, under ware etc for disabled veteran's who do not have the resources themselves.

Another function of the DAV is in helping Disabled Veterans in legal battles against the US military for any mistreatment they experienced while on active duty.

You may wish to learn more about the DAV and see what we actually do.

http://www.dav.org/

In other words the money received from the sale of Buddy Poppies goes as charity towards individuals and not for the support of any military or government organization. True some of the people may not be deserving, but we can not judge who is deserving and who is not.

Muezzin
11-12-2008, 02:17 PM
And plus, they look nice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!