/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Black President = white by weapons

islamirama
11-10-2008, 05:02 AM
A black man becomes the president = white guys start buying guns

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Most-Emailed-Photos/ss/1756/im:/081106/480/a32ade0e727241b5a3b15b5a619f9c91

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cute123
11-10-2008, 05:39 AM
thats news. we can imagine how much these people must have harassed the black

Keltoi
11-10-2008, 12:21 PM
The increase in arms sales occurs each time a Democrat president is elected. It has nothing to do with race, but a perception that the new administration is hostile to gun rights.

Muezzin
11-10-2008, 12:23 PM
So, if Mr Obama is perceived to be hostile to fast food, will Burger King finally regain its throne?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
11-10-2008, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
So, if Mr Obama is perceived to be hostile to fast food, will Burger King finally regain its throne?
Burger King is fast food...not sure I understand the analogy.

The_Prince
11-10-2008, 01:12 PM
sheesh, look at these guns that are availible! you can build your own small millitia brigade with those weapons.

sirajstc
11-10-2008, 01:21 PM
ohh

Muezzin
11-10-2008, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Burger King is fast food...not sure I understand the analogy.
Never mind. Lame joke.

Keltoi
11-10-2008, 05:41 PM
The guns on the wall in the photo are AR-15s. I have one myself. Quality firearm :)

Fishman
11-10-2008, 05:58 PM
:sl:
How can you just go and buy lethal weapons like that? In front of small children? Guns are on display like trainers or power tools...

Keltoi
11-10-2008, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
How can you just go and buy lethal weapons like that? In front of small children? Guns are on display like trainers or power tools...
It's called a constitutional right. It's comes almost directly from the Declaration of Rights written in England about the time of the Glorious Revolution. It is intended to make sure that no government can turn into a tyranny. That was the logic behind it.

BlissfullyJaded
11-10-2008, 06:34 PM

I think its more normal in the South to have guns, so while there are cases where it wasn't the safest idea for a kid to see the gun, in many cases I'm sure the family has it locked away and the kids know they have no access to it.

If the new administration is hostile to possession of certain types of guns, and they outlaw them, doesn't it become illegal to keep them? Or you can just have them in your home still, but not leave the house with it? :? It doesn't concern me and never will, I'm just curious. lol. I don't think we're even allowed to walk out with a gun anyway in Cali. :?

Amadeus85
11-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Those pics were taken in Texas? ;)

islamirama
11-10-2008, 06:44 PM
The increase in arms sales occurs each time a Democrat president is elected. It has nothing to do with race, but a perception that the new administration is hostile to gun rights.
Guns Sales Up in Texas

DALLAS - This morning, guns sales in Texas are on the rise. Sales for some assault rifles have tripled. Gun shop owners say the reason is the presidential election.

Gun shop owners say customers are afraid if Barack Obama gets elected he will ban assault weapons. Obama said President Bush made a mistake when he let the ban expire. Now gun shops are seeing more business.

Johm Mannewits is the manager of the Target Master Gun store in Dallas. He says, "I had a customer today who came in and bought an AR-15. He said he'd always wanted one and he was afraid if Obama got elected there wouldn't be anymore."

Earlier this year during a debate, Obama said he still supports the second amendment, "but just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can not constrain the exercise of that right."

Gun shop owners say if Obama is elected they expect prices to go up. That means some people are buying right now to get good deals. Others are investing and hoping to sell guns after the election for a profit.

http://www.newschannel5.tv/2008/10/2...es-Up-in-Texas

Keltoi
11-10-2008, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

I think its more normal in the South to have guns, so while there are cases where it wasn't the safest idea for a kid to see the gun, in many cases I'm sure the family has it locked away and the kids know they have no access to it.

If the new administration is hostile to possession of certain types of guns, and they outlaw them, doesn't it become illegal to keep them? Or you can just have them in your home still, but not leave the house with it? :? It doesn't concern me and never will, I'm just curious. lol. I don't think we're even allowed to walk out with a gun anyway in Cali. :?
The gun culture still exists throughout the South, midwest, and the northern plains states. Personally I was familiar with firearms from the time I was 9 years old.

They can't really outlaw guns that have been previously sold, that would be much too unpopular and dangerous for the government to go house to house taking away firearms. No president or government would ever be stupid enough to try that. What they can do is make the sell of certain firearms illegal from a certain date, regulate ammunition sales, etc. I honestly don't see Obama making any attempt to regulate firearms on a federal level.

BlissfullyJaded
11-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Gotcha, I understand. And yea, I know they wouldn't outlaw it completely, I meant outlawing a specific type of gun as you said. Sorry not bein more clear to begin with.

Olive
11-10-2008, 07:28 PM
So are people buying guns to shoot Obama or buying them for fear that he will ban them? :S

Trumble
11-10-2008, 07:56 PM
It's called a constitutional right. It's comes almost directly from the Declaration of Rights written in England about the time of the Glorious Revolution. It is intended to make sure that no government can turn into a tyranny. That was the logic behind it.
Maybe it was in 1776. Now it's an insane historical relic. What possible use do you have for an assault rifle?! I know you hunt, but those things are designed to hunt people, not wildlife.

Keltoi
11-10-2008, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Maybe it was in 1776. Now it's an insane historical relic. What possible use do you have for an assault rifle?! I know you hunt, but those things are designed to hunt people, not wildlife.
Who says its an historical relic? The founding fathers thought the right to bear arms was important enough to make it a constitutional federal law. Contrary to popular belief, that right wasn't about a standing militia or hunting, it was about securing individual liberty from all opponents, even if that opponent happens to be the government.

What right did people have in 1866 to have a lever action repeating rifle? As gun technology improves the civilian population also acquires that technology. Of course there has to be some form of regulation on the stockpile of weaponry and destructive capability, and not even the NRA would deny that. The issue is the slippery slope of the federal government denying its citizens the right to purchase a firearm. If you decide citizens can't purchase an AR-15 what stops them from stating you can't buy a semi-automatic 30/30 or a .230. Rate of fire isn't the issue as much as the kinds of ammunition available. I would support a ban on armor piercing rounds for example.

Keltoi
11-10-2008, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hanz
So are people buying guns to shoot Obama or buying them for fear that he will ban them? :S
It has nothing to do with shooting Obama. Many are buying because they believe prices will go up and some because they think Obama will attempt to deny them the right to purchase that weapon in the future.

Fishman
11-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Contrary to popular belief, that right wasn't about a standing militia or hunting, it was about securing individual liberty from all opponents, even if that opponent happens to be the government.
Doesn't that run contary to democracy though? What if all the gun-totting rednecks decide that a democrat in the white house is an opponent to their liberty, and they rise up to overthrow the elected government?

I would support a ban on armor piercing rounds for example.
But government tyrants would be wearing armour.

Keltoi
11-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Doesn't that run contary to democracy though? What if all the gun-totting rednecks decide that a democrat in the white house is an opponent to their liberty, and they rise up to overthrow the elected government?
Well, an elected government is not what is meant by a tyranny. If you read the writings of John Locke, for example, he points to a tyranny as a government that runs contrary to the personal liberty of its citizens. Meaning a dictator who assumes total power. If a segment of the population decides to overthrow an elected government they are themselves becoming tyrants.

Quite possibly, but in terms of criminals vs. police it makes sense to limit the availability of certain forms of ammunition that are used for the sole purpose of penetrating body protection. I can get armor piercing rounds for any form of rifle, so limiting the availability of certain ammunition isn't going to limit the availability of any firearm.

Grace Seeker
11-11-2008, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hanz
Fear that legislation might be enacted by the democratically controlled congress and signed into law by the democratic president restricting their ability to buy certain guns in the future.

format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
I tend to agree with you, but the Constitution makes no distinction between what a particular gun might be intended to be used for, so for the broad interpretation has been that all guns are equally protected under the Second Amendment to the Constitution.

Amadeus85
11-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Is it possible to buy those heavy guns in South without any paper permition? Could I just walk in the store and buy M 16?

YusufNoor
11-11-2008, 11:43 AM

can you say JFK??

and what happens when it's a republican in the white house who has been an opponent of liberty? :)

:w:

Izyan
11-11-2008, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Is it possible to buy those heavy guns in South without any paper permition? Could I just walk in the store and buy M 16?
You have to go through a background check and a 5 day waiting period before purchasing. In some states you need a special ID issued by the state to enter a gun store.

Keltoi
11-11-2008, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

and what happens when it's a republican in the white house who has been an opponent of liberty? :)

:w:
Oswald was hardly a conservative or a Southerner.

Muezzin
11-11-2008, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
You have to go through a background check and a 5 day waiting period before purchasing. In some states you need a special ID issued by the state to enter a gun store.
"Wrong"

YusufNoor
11-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Oswald was hardly a conservative or a Southerner.
i was talking about Bush...:)

ps: you still think it was a lone nut...:-\

go here:

http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/index1.htm

Keltoi
11-11-2008, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
i was talking about Bush...:)

ps: you still think it was a lone nut...:-\

go here:

http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/index1.htm
You're kidding right?

Intisar
11-13-2008, 01:05 AM
They're mostly buying guns because Obama voted for increasing gun taxes and making it harder for people to purchase guns. They're afraid of guns being harder to buy and afford once he ''officially'' becomes the president come the end of January. So it basically doesn't have much to do with him being black, although some people may buy it for that reason as well. :)

islamirama
11-13-2008, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
.... So it basically doesn't have much to do with him being black, although some people may buy it for that reason as well. :)
Tell that to the McCain's supporters, one white extremist/fundamentalist has already been arrested for Obama assassination plot.

Masjidi
11-13-2008, 01:53 AM
also bare in mind the current economic crisis, people feel uncertain and crime rises when there is economic slow down, so families protect themselves.

Intisar
11-13-2008, 02:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Tell that to the McCain's supporters, one white extremist/fundamentalist has already been arrested for Obama assassination plot.
:sl: Yeah I noticed, two skin-heads plotted an assassination attempt as well. But they were already caught by the FBI. The secret service is beefing up their security for Obama because he's the first non-white President and he's therefore more vulnerable.

Woodrow
11-13-2008, 04:06 AM
They're mostly buying guns because Obama voted for increasing gun taxes and making it harder for people to purchase guns. They're afraid of guns being harder to buy and afford once he ''officially'' becomes the president come the end of January. So it basically doesn't have much to do with him being black, although some people may buy it for that reason as well. :)
I agree. I notice that out of all the large American cities, it is only in Fort Worth that this rash of gun buying has been reported in. I wonder if that may have something to do with the fact that Texans are very pro private firearms ownership and fear any legislation that may interfere with it. So far Texas has avoided most of the firearms restrictions place upon the citizen's but reality is if they are to stay part of the Union they will eventually have to follow suit. Obama being elected looks like the death bell for many gun owners and dealers in Texas. I suspect the word is out, "Buy Now, before the feds end gun ownership"

Keltoi
11-13-2008, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
What makes you think they were McCain "supporters"?

Peaceful1
11-14-2008, 07:10 AM
I think the whole idea that Barack Obama would ban guns was hype started by gun shop owners and manufacturers to shore up sales which had hit a 5 year low. It worked: they're selling guns for up to double what they would've gotten in October! We have a saying "there's a fool born every minute". The panicky gun buyers are proof of that.

What's sad is some people think owning a gun makes them safer: as a healthcare provider I can tell you the home with the gun is much less safe - especially for children - than those without. I treat both adults and children for accidental gunshot wounds. Then there is the temptation, especially to teens and those with depression, to use the gun to commit suicide.

On top of that we always have those sad cases where someone thinks their home is being broken into and they shoot a family member or worse. This Halloween a man shot a child who was trick or treating. (He'd forgotten what night it was) I treated one woman who kept a loaded handgun under her pillow, along with her asthma inhaler. During the night she had an asthma attack and, in her sleepy wheezy state shot herself through the cheek. Thank God (Praise Him always!) she survived.

If they wanted real safety they'd invest in a trained dog. I believe the less faith in God the more a person depends on a weapon.

Grace Seeker
11-19-2008, 07:58 AM
:sl: Yeah I noticed, two skin-heads plotted an assassination attempt as well. But they were already caught by the FBI. The secret service is beefing up their security for Obama because he's the first non-white President and he's therefore more vulnerable.
That may be, that it doesn't follow that the spike in people buying guns is for the same reason.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.