/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Stroke?

AnonymousPoster
11-10-2008, 06:53 AM
I have been numbness in my left cheek that has lasted for the last three weeks.
I have had a CT Brain Scan and nothing came of that (two months ago). Numerous blood and urine tests and generally been checked out about four or five times. I'm going to see my GP Friday and I can just see her thinking I'm insane.

If this was a sign of a stroke surely it would have happened by now and the CT scan would have shown something would have?

My chiropractor told me it's likely to be cluster headaches and I've also been told it's likely to be my nerves.
Do I have anything to worry about? Because I'm positive my GP won't do anymore and would feel there's nothing wrong with me.
What more test can be done to ensure I'm not going to have a stroke?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
11-10-2008, 11:11 AM
???:bump1:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-10-2008, 01:59 PM
i havent got a clue... ask Allah for shifa',

AnonymousPoster
11-10-2008, 02:35 PM
InshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
piXie
11-10-2008, 03:03 PM
:sl:

Don't know about that because m not a doctor. :hmm: But, if you are worried, I can tell you something which can totally prevent a stroke from happening, Allah willing. My mum used to give it to my grandmother when she was living with us.

Its the Black seed (also known as onion seed or Kalwanji) and Honey.

Honey is Shifaa (cure), and when you mix it with Kalwanji in a certain ratio, it becomes Al-Shifa (Thee Cure)

The most common cause of a stroke is the blockage of an artery in the brain by a clot (thrombosis). And one of the many properties of kalwanji is to open up all blood clots and blockages in the body and regulate ones blood pressure.

The ratio my mum gave it in was:

There is also a Hadith about this seed, where the Prophet said :arabic5: "Use the Black Seed, because it contains a cure for every type of ailment, except for death." [At-Tirmidhi, Ahmad, and Ibn Hibban]. Can read more here

7/10 seeds are enough. Once or twice a day. You can eat it anyway, even if u are perfectly healthy. Tastes nice with honey :D

As for your numb cheek, massage it as much as possible with warm olive oil.

Also there is a du'aa which we can read for protection against strokes and such illnesses:

"O Allaah! I seek refuge in You from helplessness (inaction), laziness, cowardice, miserliness, senility (weakness of old age), a hard heart (being harsh), heedlessness, humiliation, dependency, and need and I seek refuge in You from poverty and disbelief and disobedience and opposition and hypocrisy and bad reputation and showing off, and I seek refuge in You from deafness and dumbness, and insanity and leprosy and leucoderma, and from all bad diseases"

So, that's 3 things:

1. Kalwanji with Honey (not too much, and preferable to have it with a drink or food which is cooling such as milk)

2. Massage

3. Du'aa

P.S. I'm not telling you this because you are going to get a stroke (Allah forbid), but I'm telling you this because you seem worried. And if you do these 3 things, it will ease your mind and heart inshaAllaah, from constant worrying (which is bad for you :-\) And prevention is always better than cure.

I hope that helped. :)

Riyadh-ul-Jannah
11-10-2008, 03:38 PM

Ask Allah s.w.t for good health. InshaAllah you will get better, and maybe its just an infection?

:w:

Zahida
11-10-2008, 06:02 PM
:sl: May Allah Bless you with His Rehmat and good health. Ameen I agree with sis above and recommend that you take the BLACK SEED OIL, you can also use it for massage so maybe take a little and massage into your head whilst praying to Allah for Shifa.........

You have had the CT scan which is coming back positive, so please remain positive, my mum had a series of mini strokes which affected her speech only when it was happening, maybe you could surf the net and find out more and have you any other signs of a stroke??

:w::bump1:

AnonymousPoster
11-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Ameen and JazakAllah kheir for the du'as.
I've been having dizzy spells and shortness of breath, also my eyes are stinging.
I'm quite scared. Been praying and reciting Qur'an a lot, so if anything even if it is nothing I feel it's making me a better Muslim Alhamdulillah.
What is black seed and where can I get it?

Fi Aman Allah

جوري
11-11-2008, 12:50 AM

it doesn't sound like a stroke at all..
if you don't mind sharing, what is your gender and age?

you sound like a young female.. you sound like you have hyperventillated yourself into a transient imbalances of ions, with the net effect of increasing the irritability and spontaneous depolarization of excitable muscles and nerves.
a stroke would have shows on CT and you wouldn't have had an isolated numbness in your left cheek..

do me a favor, get a brown paper bag, whenever you feel a dizzy spell coming on and breathe into it for five mnutes, with no more than 8-10 breath per minute.. take deep not shallow breaths.. or you can PM and we can discuss this further if you need some privacy..

AnonymousPoster
11-11-2008, 01:29 AM
I hope you are right sister. InshaAllah.
See what my GP says on Friday inshaAllah.

جوري
11-11-2008, 01:35 AM
insha'Allah, I am right.. you wouldn't be typing this if you had had or are having a stroke.. try to relax and do as I advised...

if anything you need an ABG not a CT scan.. you must live in the US-- can't imagine them giving you a CT anywhere else for cheek numbness---

AnonymousPoster
11-11-2008, 01:54 AM
Sorry. I musn't have explained myself very well. :)
The numbness is new, I'd been having constant lighted headed feeling for a while before that seemed to come and go (in flairs). That's why I've had the CT scan.

جوري
11-11-2008, 02:15 AM
the symptoms are very likely related ... it is good you had a CT anyway, just to have a peace of mind..

you describe all the symptoms of respiratory alkalosis---

but you definitely need to thorough medical exam and evaluation by your GP~!

hope you feel better soon insha'Allah

AnonymousPoster
11-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Doctor in two days inshaAllah

AnonymousPoster
11-12-2008, 09:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Doctor in two days inshaAllah
All the best, Anon2

aqsakhan
11-12-2008, 10:09 AM
may ALLAH help u dear ameen

cute123
11-12-2008, 03:03 PM
be positive and dont be too much scared . i dont know much. saying just in general. inshallah everything will be allright

piXie
11-15-2008, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
What is black seed and where can I get it?

It looks like this. You can get it from most Asian shops n superstores.

How was ur app. to the docs? Hope all is well.

جوري
11-16-2008, 12:59 AM
How did your GP visit work out sis?

insha'Allah khyer

AnonymousPoster
11-16-2008, 01:27 PM
The doctor thinks I have an Anxiety disorder.
I'm seeing a psychologist.

جوري
11-16-2008, 08:57 PM
al7mdlilah, as I suspected, your anxiety is causing you have respiratory alkalosis.. I think when you feel an attack coming on, get a small paper bag and breathe into it, until it subsides, in conjunction with whatever therapeutic modality your psychiatrist prescribes ...

I wish you a fast recovery insha'Allah..

Olive
11-16-2008, 09:33 PM
May Allah's help be with you. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.