/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Largest , Tallest, Shortest...

Space Chimp
11-11-2008, 01:13 AM
:w:
This thread is bout one main thing the Tallest Shortest Largest Or Smallest. If you know any records post em here.
Here's one:
The largest ballpoint measures 10 ft 11 long and weighs 17lb was made by Olaf Fünger in Saschen Germany during 2005.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wildkat
11-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Dont know, if shes the smallest, but Amillia Sonja Taylor, born Oct. 24 after just under 22weeks in the womb was 9 and a half inches... roughly the size of a ballpoint pen. Whoa.

Fishman
11-11-2008, 11:08 PM
:sl:
The tallest flagpole in the world is in north Korea. It is 160 meters tall (525 feet), and is located in Panmunjeom, on the border between North Korea and South Korea. It most probably belongs to Kim Jong Il, like everything else in North Korea.

:w:

yasin ibn Ahmad
11-11-2008, 11:49 PM
The best islamic forum in the world is LI Islamic Forum :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
11-12-2008, 08:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin ibn Ahmad
The best islamic forum in the world is LI Islamic Forum :D
:D... agree!! and I'm sure that you'll get lots of reps for this statement...

north_malaysian
11-12-2008, 09:05 AM
The largest flag in the world

Giant Israeli flag breaks world record for largest in world

By The Associated Press

The huge blue and white Israeli flag, 660 meters (2,165 feet) long and 100meters (330 feet) wide and weighing 5.2 metric tons, breaks the record for the world's largest, according to the Tourism Ministry.

Filipino entrepreneur and evangelical Christian Grace Galindez-Gupana said she decided two years ago to produce a giant Israeli flag as a testament to her love for Israel and the Jewish people, and as a celebration of 50 years of diplomatic relations between the Philippines and Israel.

God spoke to me in thunder and lightening," Galindez-Gupana said. "The Lord said, 'Make the flag of Israel, the standard of my people.'"

"This is a tall order," she said, as she broke down in tears.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/927830.html

north_malaysian
11-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Smallest flag in the world

Bilkent University Nanophysics department's production. Smallest Turkish Flag ever made. The flag is 700 nanometers wide and about 2 nanometers high. (In comparison, a human hair is typically 50,000 nanometers in diameter.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Nanobayrak.jpg

north_malaysian
11-12-2008, 09:23 AM
The largest swimming pool...

The man-made saltwater lagoon has been attracting huge crowds to the San Alfonso del Mar resort at Algarrobo, on Chile's southern coast, since it opened last month.

Acknowledged by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's largest swimming pool, the lagoon measures 1,013 metres in length and covers an area of eight hectares

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ards-long.html

Danah
11-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Burj Dubai will be "The World’s Largest Tower"

Burj Dubai, Emaar Properties tower, which is now under construction, has already reached the height of 688 meters and has made a new record.
Builders said the tower is now a world’s tallest building, after it exceeded North Dakota, USA’s KVLY-TV mast (628.8 meters) which was built in April 2008.
This building has largest number of floors and over 160 storeys. Burj Dubai will make all possible arrangements to meet all the four criteria listed by the council on Tall buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) that classifies the world's tallest structures
The measurement is taken by the CTBUH related to height of the building from the structure top, the highest occupied floor, the top of the roof and the tip of the spire, pinnacle, antenna, and mast or flag pole.
Burj Dubai is constructed by high-rise experts South Korea's Samsung Corporation and it is designed by Chicago-based Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM). The project and construction manger is Turner Construction International.

http://topnews.ae/content/22-burj-du...-largest-tower

north_malaysian
11-12-2008, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
Burj Dubai will be "The World’s Largest Tower"

Burj Dubai, Emaar Properties tower, which is now under construction, has already reached the height of 688 meters and has made a new record.
Builders said the tower is now a world’s tallest building, after it exceeded North Dakota, USA’s KVLY-TV mast (628.8 meters) which was built in April 2008.
This building has largest number of floors and over 160 storeys. Burj Dubai will make all possible arrangements to meet all the four criteria listed by the council on Tall buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) that classifies the world's tallest structures
The measurement is taken by the CTBUH related to height of the building from the structure top, the highest occupied floor, the top of the roof and the tip of the spire, pinnacle, antenna, and mast or flag pole.
Burj Dubai is constructed by high-rise experts South Korea's Samsung Corporation and it is designed by Chicago-based Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM). The project and construction manger is Turner Construction International.

http://topnews.ae/content/22-burj-du...-largest-tower
If I'm not mistaken, the largest mall in the world, Dubai Mall is situated at Burj Dubai right?

aadil77
11-12-2008, 03:55 PM
youve got the burj dubai picture wrong

dunno how to insert pictures but heres a link

http://www.motherjones.com/commentar...01_598x533.jpg

Danah
11-12-2008, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
youve got the burj dubai picture wrong

dunno how to insert pictures but heres a link

http://www.motherjones.com/commentar...01_598x533.jpg
oops.....yeah, its this picture:

but they are still working on it, based on my last visit to dubai

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
If I'm not mistaken, the largest mall in the world, Dubai Mall is situated at Burj Dubai right?
I think I read this some where else, yeah its gonna be there if I am not mistaken

north_malaysian
11-13-2008, 01:39 AM
The largest mall in the planet - Dubai Mall

The Dubai Mall is the largest mall ever built on the planet. Built at the foot and an integral component of the Burj Dubai, the 20-billion-dollar project is the world's largest with 1,200 shops, 4 times as many as the new London Westfield centre. Twice delayed, Dubai Mall opened on November 4, 2008, with about 600 retailers, marking the world's largest-ever mall opening in retail history.

Sprawling over 12 million sq ft (equivalent in size to more than 50 soccer pitches), the Dubai Mall has a total internal floor area of 5.9 million square feet and leasable space of 3.77 million square feet.

The Dubai Mall has 10 - 15 distinct 'malls-within-a-mall', consisting of 9 million ft² of shopping retail space (comprising of a total of 1200 stores, when fully operational). Featured attractions include: the world's largest Gold Souk with 220 retailers; the 850,000 sq ft (79,000 m2) Fashion Catwalk atrium; Fashion Island (Avenue), with 70 flagship stores dedicated to haute couture; the Middle East's first Galeries Lafayette department store; Oasis Fountain Waterfall; and WaterFront Atrium. Other attractions include the region's first SEGA indoor theme park covering 76,000 sq ft (7,100 m2); KidZania, a 80,000 sq ft (7,400 m2) children's 'edu-tainment' centre; a 22-screen Cineplex, the largest in Dubai; and The Grove, an indoor-outdoor streetscape with fully retractable roof. It also features over 160 food and beverage options, 220 gold & jewelry outlets; a supermarket and an organic food mart. Among the shops is British toy store Hamley's, which opened a 32,000 square foot store that includes London's Regent Street mini replica, with the franchise owned by Retail Arabia. Many shops, however, remained shuttered for a long while to come. Bloomingdales might open by 2010 and Galeries Lafayette, by February, 2009. It also has a 250-room luxurious hotel, 22 cinema screens plus 120 restaurants and cafes. The Mall has over 14,000 parking spaces across 3 car parks, with valet services and a car locator ticketing system.

islamirama
11-13-2008, 02:09 AM
World's largest squid caught

Scientists stand in a thawing bath as they inspect the eye of a the colossal squid at Te Papa Museum in Wellington . The 8 metre long (26 feet) colossal squid weighs about 495 kg (1,089 pounds) and is the largest and best preserved adult colossal squid to be caught.

Doctors Tsunemi Kubodera (L) and Steve O'Shea examine a colossal squid in a thawing bath at Te Papa Museum in Wellington

Members of the media and guests watch scientists inspecting a colossal squid in a thawing bath at Te Papa Museum in Wellington

islamirama
11-13-2008, 02:12 AM

World Largest Clam

The geoduck or gooyduck is the largest species of clams on the face of the earth. The clam itself is 15 to 20 cm long, which is pretty big but the really impressive part is its long siphon that often reaches one meter in length. it weighs between 0.5 and 1.5 kilograms, but there have been stories about 7.5 kg heavy gooyducks.

The incredible aspect of the gooeyduck isn’t only limited to its size, but also to its lifespan. It has a life expectancy of 146 years, which makes it one of the longest-living organisms in the animal reign.

As repulsive as they look (personal opinion) geoducks are a delicacy in China and Japa, where they are often eaten raw, sashimi style.

islamirama
11-13-2008, 03:53 AM
World's Largest Prairie Chicken

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

We simply didn't get enough big stuff on the 4th. We stayed at my parents' place the night of the 4th and headed back to the Twin Cities on the 5th. We took a little detour, through a lake actually (County 24 was just a little bit under water east of Rothsay), to get to the prairie chicken.

In 1975, Rothsay named itself the Prairie Chicken Capital of Minnesota and the prairie chicken statue was built in 1976. The terrain around Rothsay is lots of flat prairie and farm fields, a great environment for the prairie chicken. It was built out of cement by Art Fosse and Dale Western and it depicts the bird's unique mating ritual, called booming. The prairie chicken is 13 feet tall and 18 feet from tip to tail. There are displays around the prairie chicken where you can learn more about these birds.

Giant Adirondack Chair

It's another new one!

The chair was built in 2002, but it is not the original chair. The first giant green adirondack chair fell victim to weather due to untreated materials. It was built in 1995 as a way to produce publicity for the Green Chair Project.

The Green Chair Project began in 1991 by Joel Sisson and Chris Hand after two lawn chairs were stolen from their backyard. With the help of kids from this rough neighborhood, they built 90 green adirondack chairs that they gave to everyone in the neighborhood.

You can find out more about the Green Chair Project at these links:
http://curtprins.com/pro_bono/greenc...g/history.html
http://www.fortroadfederation.org/hi...ge/greench.htm

This may be the world's largest adirondack chair, but I don't know for sure. There is also a giant green adirondack chair from the Green Chair Project in Washington D.C.

Thanks to Mykl Roventine for helping me find the chair and to Agilitynut for the information on the Green Chair Project.

Bongards Cow

About 12 miles west of the outermost Minneapolis suburbs on Highway 212 is the tiny town of Bongards. The town basically consists of Bongards' Creameries, a church, a house or two, and a giant holstein cow. The cow is directly across the street from the cheese store, as if you couldn't find it anyway.

There seems to be a number of cows exactly like this one scattered across Wisconsin, but this is the only one in Minnesota. The world's largest is Salem Sue in New Salem, ND.

Tip: Go sometime when the cheese store is open. We were there on a Sunday evening and it was closed. I'm willing to bet that they have tasty cheese.

World's Largest Turkey

That's right, it's the day after Thanksgiving and we are at the World's Largest Turkey, Big Tom. We were back up to my neck of the woods for the holiday and we took the opportunity to go to another nearby town to see another giant bird. What better way to celebrate Thanksgiving than to visit a gigantic turkey? Well, eating turkey I suppose.....and stuffing and potatoes and lefse (I'm Norwegian).

Cooking a turkey isn't an easy thing to do. Butterball knows this. That's why they setup the turkey hotline. And I bet if you call the turkey hotline, they would advise against using a blowtorch as a cooking method to prepare your bird. It's just too bad that a couple of maintenance workers in Frazee didn't give Butterball a call.

On July 1, 1998 a pair of maintenance workers were working on removing Big Tom to make room for his replacement (Tom was slated for replacement due to frequent repairs) and accidentally hit his insulation with a blowtorch and within seconds their goose was cooked, or turkey I guess.

After the fire, a small egg statue was placed where the new Big Tom would stand and for the first time in 12 years, the Turkey Capital of the World had to celebrate their Turkey Days festival without Big Tom. The new Big Tom is even bigger and Tommier than the original. He now stands at 22 feet tall and weighs over 5000 pounds.

World's Largest Polar Bear

From North St. Paul we head north to White Bear Lake and the World's Largest Polar Bear. The polar bear was built out of fiberglass in 1964 by Gordon Shumaker for a local car dealership. In 1989, Polar Chevrolet opened it's new dealership and mounted the bear on top of it's new building.

The polar bear has sustained a long, and apparently successful, 43-year career in marketing. He's still selling cars and still kind of smiling about it.

White Bear Lake was named after a local Native American legend about a white ghost bear living on an island in a nearby lake.

Tip: It is on a car dealership so if you show up on their lot while they are open, a dealer will find you. If you don't want to be hassled by a salesman, then you may want to either show up after hours or try to take a shot from the other side of the road to the south. You may need a little bit of a zoom lens for that, however. Although, the salesman will tell you about the bear if you tell them that you are there for the bear and not the cars.

World's Largest Snowman

I took the day off from work and the wife and I spent the day driving around the Twin Cities looking for a big stuff or three. We started by going to North St. Paul and tracking down the World's Largest Snowman.

The snowman was built in 1974 out of concrete stucco and is 54 feet tall. According to a tipster at RoadsideAmerica.com, the North St. Paul Jaycees used to build a snowman each year at the same intersection for it's Sno-Daze celebration. After a couple of winters with some lean snowfalls, they decided to build this one of cement. Take that, Mother Nature!

The snowman was somewhat recently repainted to appear as if he was wearing a Bret Hedican jersey. He used to have a much more traditional paint job. Hedican was born in St. Paul and went to high school in North St. Paul. He went on to play in the NHL and last year won the Stanley Cup as a member of the Carolina Hurricanes.

World’s Largest Revolver

The Pfeifer Zeliska is the largest revolver in the world according to Guiness Records, a copy of the Remington model 1855 it is around 1850mm long.

World's Largest Otter

After seeing Big Ole in Alexandria, we had one more stop before we hit the lake. That was Adams Park in Fergus Falls to see the World's Largest Otter. The otter is 40 feet long and was built to honor Ottertail County, where Fergus Falls is the county seat. The otter is also the high school mascot.

The world largest rat

islamirama
11-13-2008, 04:04 AM
World Biggest & Largest Telescope in Puerto Rico's

The radiotelescope established in Аресибо, — now, the world's largest (from using one aperture). The telescope is used for researches in the field of radio astronomy, physics of an atmosphere and radar-tracking supervision of objects of Solar system. Astronomical observatory Аресибо is located in Пуэрто Рико, in 15 km from Аресибо, at height of 497 m above sea level. Researches are spent Корнельским by university to cooperations with National scientific fund (USA). The observatory is also the National center of Astronomy and the Ionosphere of the USA.

cute123
11-13-2008, 06:16 AM
The worlds flattest car.

http://www.flatmobile.co.uk/index.htm

but on the tv they showed was somebody else i think.

Danah
11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
The largest mall in the planet - Dubai Mall

The Dubai Mall is the largest mall ever built on the planet. Built at the foot and an integral component of the Burj Dubai, the 20-billion-dollar project is the world's largest with 1,200 shops, 4 times as many as the new London Westfield centre. Twice delayed, Dubai Mall opened on November 4, 2008, with about 600 retailers, marking the world's largest-ever mall opening in retail history.

Sprawling over 12 million sq ft (equivalent in size to more than 50 soccer pitches), the Dubai Mall has a total internal floor area of 5.9 million square feet and leasable space of 3.77 million square feet.

The Dubai Mall has 10 - 15 distinct 'malls-within-a-mall', consisting of 9 million ft² of shopping retail space (comprising of a total of 1200 stores, when fully operational). Featured attractions include: the world's largest Gold Souk with 220 retailers; the 850,000 sq ft (79,000 m2) Fashion Catwalk atrium; Fashion Island (Avenue), with 70 flagship stores dedicated to haute couture; the Middle East's first Galeries Lafayette department store; Oasis Fountain Waterfall; and WaterFront Atrium. Other attractions include the region's first SEGA indoor theme park covering 76,000 sq ft (7,100 m2); KidZania, a 80,000 sq ft (7,400 m2) children's 'edu-tainment' centre; a 22-screen Cineplex, the largest in Dubai; and The Grove, an indoor-outdoor streetscape with fully retractable roof. It also features over 160 food and beverage options, 220 gold & jewelry outlets; a supermarket and an organic food mart. Among the shops is British toy store Hamley's, which opened a 32,000 square foot store that includes London's Regent Street mini replica, with the franchise owned by Retail Arabia. Many shops, however, remained shuttered for a long while to come. Bloomingdales might open by 2010 and Galeries Lafayette, by February, 2009. It also has a 250-room luxurious hotel, 22 cinema screens plus 120 restaurants and cafes. The Mall has over 14,000 parking spaces across 3 car parks, with valet services and a car locator ticketing system.
I did not know that it is already opened :blind:, I think it need a visit,
thanks for the info brother

north_malaysian
11-15-2008, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
I did not know that it is already opened :blind:, I think it need a visit,
thanks for the info brother
send my regards to the sharks there...:D

Yanal
12-11-2008, 06:07 AM
Guess what else will get me reps that the best and only lord is Allah and the best role models are his prophets:).

mohsen1985
12-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Wow!

Imagine that flag!

On fire!;D

north_malaysian
12-12-2008, 01:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohsen1985
Wow!

Imagine that flag!

On fire!;D
are you talking about that Israeli flag?

I think it's kinda dirty with lots of sands on it...

Yanal
03-20-2009, 01:00 AM
sands
Sand*

bob jones
04-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Imagine me finding the world's largest rat on an Islamic message board, what are the odds. By the way, burning flags is SO 6th century.

idk
04-30-2009, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bob jones
Imagine me finding the world's largest rat on an Islamic message board, what are the odds. By the way, burning flags is SO 6th century.
Dude, its called fun, ever heard of it?
Im sure they had fun in the 6th century, since ur an expert on it.
Actually, odds are pretty high since youve just found one.
:statisfie

bob jones
04-30-2009, 05:37 PM
why can't we gat past all the petty insults and all just enjoy the differences between us? sorry for the comment

The Ruler
04-30-2009, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bob jones
why can't we gat past all the petty insults and all just enjoy the differences between us? sorry for the comment
I think ':statisfie' at the end of the post says a bit about her post... Don't you? i.e. You're simply misunderstanding.

AFDAL
04-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Largest numbers of idols are found in India than any part of the globe.

sirajstc
05-13-2009, 05:46 AM
Antique Cars.. (some u never seen b4)

:D

Yanal
05-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Any Islamic records.. ?

azeemi
06-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Nice collection man thanks to sharing the really interesting images.

sister herb
06-16-2009, 06:42 PM

I am not sure if this really is the world´s biggest mushroom what is found but...

...tell me if you can find bigger at some day.

:statisfie

Mexican mega-mushroom a savoury stunner
Posted Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:32am AEST
Updated Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:42am AEST

Magic mushroom: A local holds the giant fungus (AFP: Colegio de la Frontera Sur)
A mushroom weighing more than 20 kilograms has been picked in a forest in Mexico's southernmost state of Chiapas, university officials say.

The white mushroom, macrocybe titans, measured a towering 70 cm tall, was found near Tapachula, near the Guatemalan border, according to the Southern Border University Centre.

There is no word as to what the researchers plan to do with the specimen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.