/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can I

AnonymousPoster
11-11-2008, 10:14 AM
I just cant stop feeling down and low no matter what I do the past always haunts me. I wasn’t practicing before even though im a born muslim but I never really read up on that much therefore didn’t have the knowledge I have now. mashallah I am trying my best to practice the best way I can now. Gosh I just wish I knew what I know now at least that way I wouldn’t have made so so so many mistakes out of ignorance.

When im sitting in my room alone or when im a work and have bit of time to myself I always think of everything I mean like from the biggest sins ive commited to the littlest I just cant believe that was me. I know I think too much into things but I hate myself for it I just cant let it go I just think imagine if anyone knew all this or if my parents knew wat would they think of me. And theres allah who know everything about me I feel ashamed to think I have disappointed him in the past.

I really want to put the past behind me an move ahead but when ever I feel bit more and think I can move forward the past always brings me down and makes me weak and that’s when I start doubting my self and it really affects my self confidence and everyday life.

Any advice

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lonely Gal
11-14-2008, 08:46 AM
your not the only one who feels like this at times. I think there are lot of people out there that have a past they would rather forget but think at least it has come to ur attention to do ryt and now is ur chance to ask for forgivess and move on to become a better person.
You've realised ur mistakes and if u make sincere dua for forgivess and dont go back to the bad things then u will have done well andshould be proud of ur achievements as its very temptin world these days and to be able to control from such things is through hardwork and effort.
Keep up your prayers and inshAllah u will receive sakoon and ease.
Think of it that the past is no longe u anymore, the past was someone else, u have changed and thats for the better so its all good..

IbnAbdulHakim
11-14-2008, 11:11 AM
yeah bro.. the best way to get over this feeling of being so sinful is to keep commiting good deeds and repenting.

may Allah make it easy upon us, Ameen

Ali.
11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
commiting good deeds and repenting.
And also, if you get really depressed by thinking of your past, really try not to dwell on it and occupy yourself with something else, whether it's talking to family, meeting up with somebody, going out, going on this forum, anything to keep your mind off it! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
11-14-2008, 10:29 PM
ur one of those that are lucky say Alhamdulillah that u have came back to islam and this time ur doing ur best to practise ur deen. Mashallah.

yes what u could do is:

commiting good deeds and repenting.
And also, if you get really depressed by thinking of your past, really try not to dwell on it and occupy yourself with something else, whether it's talking to family, meeting up with somebody, going out, going on this forum, anything to keep your mind off it!

may Allah make it easy upon us, Ameen
Ameen!

Abu Ilyas
11-14-2008, 10:33 PM
“But whosoever repents after his crime and does righteous good deeds (by obeying Allaah), then verily, Allaah will pardon him (accept his repentance). Verily, Allaah is Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful [al-Maa’idah 5:39 – interpretation of the meaning]

Allaah is Forgiving and Generous. He commands all His slaves to repent sincerely so that they may gain the mercy of Allaah and His Paradise. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Turn to Allaah with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will expiate from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise)” [al-Tahreem 66:8]

Zahida
11-14-2008, 11:35 PM
:sl: All of the above answers are so true but first i think you need to forgive yourself ask Allah for his forgiveness and then leave it at that.

As long as you don't go down that road again and you are sincerely sorry,then you should be able to move on................

You have done the right thing and seeked refuge in Allah and asked Allah for His forgiveness, now forgive yourself and move on............. the path you have chosen MashAllah will never fail you. Ameen.:w::bump1:

Snowflake
11-15-2008, 12:27 AM
asalamu alaykum

i think what you feel is beautiful. how else can you refrain from committing more and more sins? please do not feel as if it's a curse. i see it as a blessing to feel remorse and shame at our wrong-doings and Allah subhana wa ta'ala loves His servants for it. I feel bad for those who sin openly and secretly yet can't see it - let alone feel this way.

Alhumdulillah, our Lord has in al - Qur'an and through His beloved Prophet (saw), shown us ways to purify ourselves. And if He says such a such act will purify us then we must have believe it from our hearts, be grateful for His mercy and increase our good deeds.

Purification from one's sins (randomly searched and in no particular order)

1) The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Whoever performs Hajj and stays away from lewdness, wrangling, and obscenities will come home like a newborn" (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

2) Doing good deeds wipe away bad ones.

3) Giving alms purifies the soul from miserliness and greed. Allah swt says: "Take alms out of their property, you would cleanse them and purify them thereby".( 9:103)

4) Wudhu - purifying the body. Allah said: "surely Allah loves those who turn much (to Him), and He loves those who purify themselves". (2:222) Physical purity makes way to spiritual and moral purity with the intention of being nearer to Allah.

5) It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever says Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih (Praise and glory be to Allaah) one hundred times, morning and evening, his sins will be erased even if they are like the foam of the sea.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6042; Muslim, 2691.

6) It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever says Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer one hundred times in a day, it will be as if he freed ten slaves, and one hundred hasanaat (good deeds) will be recorded for him, and one hundred sayi’aat (bad deeds) will be erased from him, and it will be a protection for him against the Shaytaan all that day until evening comes. No one can do anything better than that except one who does more.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3119; Muslim, 2691.

Trust Allah to erase your sins if you have repented and asked for His forgiveness. Continue to do that and to strive in Obedience to Him and follow His Messenger (saw) to the best of your ability. Try to relax inshaAllah. Because feeling you are not forgiven or your repentence is not accepted means there lack of faith in His Kindness and Mercy and is a form of oppression of one's self, since you said yourself that, "...the past always brings me down and makes me weak and that’s when I start doubting my self and it really affects my self confidence and everyday life."

Ask Allah for all your needs and He will help you.

assalam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!