/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts

Re.TiReD
11-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Acha Ji, dont jump me all at once. Just some random suggestions is all :$

Vell vell, Ookay....Hmm

Ummah and LI....There's some good stuff on Ummah that would be good here...

For E.G. the gender rooms. I mean maybe the brothers arent too bothered but the sisters room for the majority of the sisters is somewhere we can talk about literally anything and things that we wouldnt wanna post in the main forum....But seriously, how easy is it to get in there?

On LI we need 100 posts or so? But people can make that in a week, or if they're really good, in several days...But how can you be sure that they are what the say? I've been through the Ummah process and for them you gotta have 1000 posts and a years membership first and thats before the sis mods will call you to make sure you're a sis :exhausted Now I'm not suggesting we do that but can't we up it a little to summin like 500 posts and a month or two membership? I mean, one of the reasons we cant post certain things is because we cant ensure security, but if the rules were tightened a little, it'd be better imo.

Aaaand....Also....The 50 posts to become a full member. Well on ummah you gotta have been a member for a full month to become full. I think that's too much, far too long a wait..But then I think 50 posts on LI is far too less. Cant you change them both to two weeks or summin? And a minimum of 100 posts? That way people will spam less to become fulll members because they'll have to wait anyway.

Oh and can Ummah have custom avatars too? :-[ and can we have extra emoticons? Like some of the Ummah ones are cool like :nono: :scratch: :smack: :asta: :outta: :rotfl: etc etc.....

Andddd at avatars, Ummah is like rad in the sense that you can have an avatar as large as anything and it'll work, no limitations at all. But here it's still 100x100....arent they both the same forum types and versions? Like same version of VB?

And you know how you get a PM notification on Ummah, even if I'm browsing the main forum, that little thing will still pop-up and say I have one new notification....But on LI it'll come as a pop-up and then dissappear until I check my user CP....but on Ummah that little thing stays in the corner until you check it....Does that make sense? :-[

And also, can't we reverse the username change rule thingy? :$

Or can I change it again? :blind:

Erm....so yah that's it....feel free to comment and criticise because this isnt too well thought out :$

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
11-11-2008, 01:18 PM
a load of cra..... :X...........good suggestions

Re.TiReD
11-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Like this is what I mean by the PM thing on Ummah...

I'm viewing somebodies profile in one at the General section in the other. And it still shows the unread notification.

Sometimes on LI I miss the pop-up because it comes up too quick so I dont realise until later...this is way better :-[

And:

Re.TiReD
11-11-2008, 01:23 PM
And the nice emo's...

Even though one looks like it has lice and the other an insomniac.

But I like em :-[

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mikayeel
11-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Go back to ummah!!! Is this the ummahfication of LI or what!! :p?

Naah the gender thing for the sister is a good one! So is the use of more emoticans :)

Re.TiReD
11-11-2008, 01:25 PM
lol I would go back if I liked it even a little.

But LI has got to be, without even the midgiest doubt- the best Islamic Forum there is :shade: just want the good stuff from Ummah :$

Intisar
11-13-2008, 02:49 AM
:sl: Yeah I made that suggestion as well, but Allaah knows how we'd be able to take such drastic measures. In order to get into that sis's section you'd have to do a voice/webcam conversation and show that you are truly a sister.

In all honesty, it would be cool, but it's a bit too much. And with such tight measures, not only would weirdos not want to sign up for the section but perhaps some sisters too! :blind:

noorseeker
11-13-2008, 11:58 AM
sisters have you noticed there are like 2000 threads in your section, we bro have only around 500. lol what on earth , you lot must love a natter

Snowflake
11-13-2008, 01:28 PM
I like the emoticons idea! :statisfie baki nahi parha :-[

magar Umm Turaab ji, aapki rep power zero kyun hai? :?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-13-2008, 01:32 PM
^ oh thats becoz shes temporarily banned sis - it goes 0 till shes back lol

Snowflake
11-13-2008, 01:38 PM
oh acha!

yaani bankrupt ho gai lol

Niqaab
11-13-2008, 06:34 PM
What boy will register as a girl on an "ISLAMIC" forum ?
makes me laugh to think about this, either he's crazy or just really
confused..!

500 is too much, not everyone has the same amount of time to give here and to discriminate on this basis is wrong. 100 posts to become a full member is harsh but i can understand it's a good move to stop wannbe spammers..:)

Al-Zaara
11-18-2008, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
Innit? I don't like those emoticons :><:Yea both use vBulletin. But we have the limitations set since the beginning(kadafi era). The bigger ones at times spoil the page look. The dimensions can be increased a bit, but not wid no limitations.
Says Mr. zAk, who knows no limitations regarding his own avatars. <__<

Olive
11-19-2008, 11:32 AM
I wont be putting up a 600 x 800 sized avatar :rolleyes: But if I remove the limitations for full members, some may try that. I did say I may increase the size, but it wont be unlimited <_<
Hmm... don't you think 200x200 would be better then?

Ayesha Rana
11-19-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't think the post count to get into the private sections matters as much as who the mod is analysing the person before they get in. If they haven't satisfied u as to who they are then don't let em in. nCos there could be some very good members who it would be a pity to keep waiting but then again they might just be active till they're made full members and then not bother about postin-if that matters. i dunno. Whatever u people decide Insha'Allah. but i don'\t like the 1000 post thing lol some people might not want to post as freely in the main section.

Olive
11-19-2008, 06:30 PM
No. That's too big. 120 x 120 is the max I can increase :ermm:
Go on then, that'll be better. 'Cause it'll be the same size as this:

in width. :thumbs_up

Saimah Ali
11-23-2008, 03:03 PM
I've changed it already. It's 120 x 120 now.
I can't upload more than 100 x 100 ?

~Taalibah~
11-23-2008, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Turaab

On LI we need 100 posts or so? But people can make that in a week, or if they're really good, in several days...But how can you be sure that they are what the say? I've been through the Ummah process and for them you gotta have 1000 posts and a years membership
:sl:
1000 posts? :ooh:
I'm here a year already with only 400+ posts!

Far7an
11-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Merge Ummah and LI!

Lead the way for unity :).

Re.TiReD
11-28-2008, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Merge Ummah and LI!

Lead the way for unity :).
AssalamuAlaykum

Spare ussss! :exhausted

And hey bro zAk, this emo is pure cuteness:

WassalamuAlaykum

transition?
11-28-2008, 04:41 PM
I like the 50 posts because of LI's environment, everyone makes very thought out posts. It's hard to even get 25 posts sometimes -_-.

Olive
11-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Ooh, very cool.

:popcorn:

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 08:47 PM
: popcorn : = :popcorn:
AssalamuAlaykum

Bus aik hi? Araaaaat! *grinz* JazakAllah khayr :popcorn:

What about your legendary <_< one? lol

WassalamuAlaykum

Re.TiReD
12-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Woohooo he added the <_< one :p

Its < _ < but without the spaces :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.