/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How To Attain Allah's Love

Najm
11-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Auzubillahi-Minash shaitwaanir rajeem. Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Does Allah accept your deeds, and how can we tell if He does?

There is a hadeeth qudsi in Saheeh ul-Bukhaari which explains how a person can tell if they have attained the Pleasure and Love of Almighty Allah.

But first, let us understand the difference between hadeeth qudsi and hadeeth nabawi. Hadeeth qudsi and hadeeth nabawi are statements (or sayings) that are narrated by the Prophet (SAW), but hadeeth qudsi is a statement of the Prophet saying “Allah said…” So the wording (of a hadeeth qudsi) is from the Prophet (SAW), but the meaning is from Allah.

It has been reported by Abu Hurayrah (RA) that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:

“Allah said: ‘He who shows any animosity to my Wali, I will declare war against him…

Al-Wali is any individual whom Allah loves. The hadeeth continues:

“…And the most beloved thing with which My slave comes closer to Me is (for him to do) what I have obliged him to do. And My servant will keep coming closer to Me by performing nawaafil (voluntary good deeds) – until I love him. And when I love him I become his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, and his legs with which he walks. And if he asks something from Me, I will respond. And if he seeks my protection, I will protect him. And I will never hesitate to do anything I wish to do… the Mu’min hates death, and I hate for him to commit sin.”

This hadeeth discusses many issues, but when Allah said, “Whoever shows animosity to my Wali, I will declare war against him,” it is vital for us to know who Allah’s Wali is, and what Wali means.

Al-Wali is “Al-Qareeb min Allah”, the one who is closest to Allah. How can a person become close to Allah? By fulfilling the obligations and duties that Allah has ordained, and by abstaining from what He has forbidden.

So whenever you hear of Waliyyullah or Awliyaa’ Allah (plural), it refers to those who are close to Allah, and those who are close to Allah are perfect and complete, and they always speak the truth.

The one who speaks the truth, commands good, forbids evil, fights in jihaad, rises for the Deen (religion) of Allah and carries da’wah, he is a Wali from the Awliyaa’ of Allah.

All of Allah’s slaves are equal, but Allah elevates those who have more taqwaa (fear of Him). In Soorah al-Hujuraat, Allah (SWT) says:

“Surely We have created you of a male and a female, and made you tribes and families that you may know each other; surely the most honorable of you with Allah is the one among you most careful (of his duty); surely Allah is Knowing, Aware.” (EMQ Hujaraat 49:13)

Imaam ul-Junaid was once asked, “Is he (al-Wali) the one who walks on Earth?” The Imaam replied, “No”. “Does he walk on water?” The Imaam replied, “No”. “The Wali is one you see in halaal places (fulfilling his duties), and you will not find him in a place that is haraam.”

Therefore, the Wali is present in the place Allah wants him to be in, and absent from the place Allah doesn’t want him to be in. And any thing that makes you closer to Allah will make you feel superior, tranquil, cheerful and successful.

So the Wali is al-Qareeb, the one who is close to Allah. And the Kaafir (Disbeliever) is al-Ba’eed, the one who is far from Allah. The Wali is close to Allah’s Mercy and Forgiveness, whereas the Kaafir is far from His Mercy and Forgiveness. Allah (SWT) says:

“…Say: ‘It (the Qur’aan) is for those who believe, a guide and a healing. And as for those who disbelieve, there is heaviness (deafness) in their ears, and it (the Qur'aan) is blindness for them. They are those who are called from a place far away (ba’eed).’” (EMQ Fussilaat, 41:44)

And Allah (SWT) said to the Messenger Muhammad (SAW):

“Nay! Do not obey him (the Kaafir). Fall prostrate and draw near to Allah.” (EMQ al-‘Alaq, 96:19)

So Allah (SWT) wants us to draw closer to Him, not to the Kuffaar, Mushrikeen, United Nations, man-made laws, fornication, adultery, homosexuality, free-mixing, ribaa (interest), insurance, credit cards and whatever else Islam has forbidden.

And His Mercy is open to everyone, providing you fulfil your duties and keep away from what He has forbidden – in which case you will become one of the Awliyaa’ of Allah. Allah (SWT) says:

“No doubt! Verily, the Awliyaa' of Allah, no fear shall come upon them nor shall they grieve.

Those who believed (in the Oneness of Allah), and used to fear Allah much (by abstaining from evil deeds and sins and by doing righteous deeds).

For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present world, and in the Hereafter. No change can there be in the Words of Allah, this is indeed the supreme success.” (EMQ Yoonus, 10:62–64)

Those who support the Deen of Allah are His Awliyaa’, and Allah vows to support them and make them steadfast:

“Oh you who believe! If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm.” (EMQ Muhammad, 47:7)

If you establish the commands of Allah you are supporting His Deen, and He will subsequently support you. And whenever people fulfil the commands of Allah there will be more tamkeen (authority) for the Deen of Allah on Earth. Allah does not need your support, but if you support the Deen He will support you.

It is easy to say, “One billion pounds”, but it is not so easy to actually possess this amount. Similarly, it is easy to “Waliyyullah”, but to actually become Allah’s Wali is something else.

The highest level or position in this world is to be ‘Abdullah (the slave of Allah), not a doctor or anything else. And the greatest honour and privilege is to attain the Pleasure of Allah, not a Degree, PhD or Diploma.

Nothing makes a servant closer to Allah than for him to fulfil what Allah has obliged him to do – paying Zakaat, giving advice to Muslims, commanding good, forbidding evil, speaking against man-made laws and shirk, teaching people Islam, Salaat, working for the Khilaafah, helping the needy and so on. So if you do what is fard (obligatory) you will become closer to Allah, and if you fail to do it, He will punish you.

If you are engaging in your duties, you can then do your nawaafil, and this will make you even closer to your Lord.

The one who is Allah’s Wali will be protected by Him. Allah will make him immune to the whisperings of Shaytaan and He will prevent his ears from hearing anything forbidden. Moreover, Allah will prevent his eyes from seeing what is prohibited, and his tongue from foul words, and his limbs from doing anything haraam – voting for man-made laws or free-mixing and so on. This is what is meant by the hadeeth:

“…And when I love him I become his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, and his legs with which he walks…”

So dear brothers and sisters, do what is obligatory and abstain from what is haraam – you will be loved by Allah and become His Awliyaa’.

...Source...

FiAmaaniAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.