/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you read the Qur'an from beginning to end?

Ali.
11-11-2008, 04:58 PM
:sl:

I hope you're all doing well.

Anyway, quite simply out of curiosity how many times have ya'll read the Qur'an from beginning to end? That includes translations in any other language.

P.S: I know there's a thread about the same subject, but the poll expired and it was years ago and I'm wondering about the people active right now.
P.P.S: Poll is anonymous.
P.P.P.S: If you don't know exactly, give an approximate.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
11-11-2008, 05:02 PM
:wasalamex

Bro ...

Nice thread but it's impossible to count :$ if you imagine that some people first completed the Qur'aan at the age of 8 and then continued and have been reciting it since then.

Ali.
11-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Give an approximate then :D.

Danah
11-11-2008, 05:27 PM
brother.....its hard to remember but I gave an approximate on

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Argamemnon
11-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Only once, but I wasn't as religious earlier in my life. That has completely changed now. I think all the pain and suffering I have been enduring has brought me closer to Allah (swt).

'Abdul Rahmaan
11-11-2008, 07:36 PM
None, but am in the process/plan to :-[

Aliii
11-11-2008, 07:54 PM
:sl:
Nice thread, Brother Ali. My name's Ali too. :)
Well I read the Holy Quran from the beginning to end maybe one time in Arabic.
But It was hard and I'm surely have a lot more to learn. I'm trying to read from it every day. I'm now trying to read it everyday and I hope InshAllah I will learn
to read better. In my language I have read it more than 3-4 maybe 5 times. But Every day I'm reading from it.
This is approximately, that's why I saying maybe. :)
Salaam and Thanks for the nice thread.
Ow nice Signature Ali. :D I like it.:)

Argamemnon
11-11-2008, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fed up
None, but am in the process/plan to :-[
I highly recommend you to read it as soon as possible. When I first read it my imaan increased tremendously. I felt things I had never felt in my life.

'Abd-al Latif
11-11-2008, 11:59 PM
:salamext:

How many have understood it's message?

Liberty
11-12-2008, 12:10 AM
0.000001 times.
I've just started.
I'm on the heifer.

kwolney01
11-12-2008, 03:16 AM
I've read the Quran 2 or 3 times...due to me only being Muslim a couple of months now...InshAllah I'll read it many more times!!

kwolney01
11-12-2008, 03:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

How many have understood it's message?
Out of three times I think all three times...but it does get a lot easier everytime you read it. My first time reading it I probably did not pick up on some of the things I did after reading it more. Reading it a lot helps give you a better understanding.

_PakistaN_
11-12-2008, 05:17 AM
Once, in the process of finishing 2nd Inshallah... But the first time i skipped some verses and surahs in between...

Ali.
11-14-2008, 07:36 PM
:bump:

Ansariyah
11-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Never.

I didn't vote...you shudve added just a "no" option.

Ali.
11-14-2008, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Never.

I didn't vote...you shudve added just a "no" option.
Do you plan to at all?

About the no option, there's these two:

• None, but am in the process/plan to
  • None, and not planning anytime soon

Ansariyah
11-14-2008, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Do you plan to at all?

About the no option, there's these two:

• None, but am in the process/plan to
  • None, and not planning anytime soon
I am not in the process tho?
nor do I not want to plan?

so both options..don't work for me.

Ali.
11-14-2008, 07:50 PM
nor do I not want to plan?
Not even in the long term?

Ansariyah
11-14-2008, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Not even in the long term?
InshaAllah.

Ansariyah
11-14-2008, 09:25 PM
ur first post did you mean from beginning to end in one sitting? or over a period of time?

That's how I understood it. I read the Quraan at my own pace. I don't always get the space/peace to read the Quraan without disturbance n wen I do, sadly it doesn't last long enough for me to read the entire of it.

aysenil
11-14-2008, 09:33 PM
ur first post did you mean from beginning to end in one sitting? or over a period of time?

That's how I understood it. I read the Quraan at my own pace. I don't always get the space/peace to read the Quraan without disturbance n wen I do, sadly it doesn't last long enough for me to read the entire of it.
:eek::eek::eek: ohh sure he mean over a period of time. i can never read all frm beginning to end in one sitting....

mine is 4 i think....

Liberty
11-14-2008, 10:30 PM
I think people who aren't particularly informed on Islam, like yours truly, should read an introductory book explaining the basics.
I borrowed one out of the library, titled "A Muslim Primer: Beginners guide to Islam"
It's really interesting and gives an impartial/objective outlook.
The Abrahamic stemmed faiths have just started to intrigue me.
I hope to learn more.
Shalom, peace and Salam! :)

Eye-OfThe-Storm
11-15-2008, 06:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liberty
I think people who aren't particularly informed on Islam, like yours truly, should read an introductory book explaining the basics.
I borrowed one out of the library, titled "A Muslim Primer: Beginners guide to Islam"
It's really interesting and gives an impartial/objective outlook.
The Abrahamic stemmed faiths have just started to intrigue me.
I hope to learn more.
Shalom, peace and Salam! :)
If you are in the library to learn about Islam, I advice you to stay away from Orientalist books on Islam. The amount of lies and misdirection you find in those books about Islam truly boggles the mind.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.