/* */

PDA

View Full Version : US shipping fuel oil to North Korea

Woodrow
11-12-2008, 05:03 PM
I never expected to see this in my lifetime.

US shipping fuel oil to North Korea in nuke deal

WASHINGTON – The United States says it has shipped 50,000 metric tons of heavy fuel oil to North Korea as part of a nuclear disarmament deal. The fuel is scheduled to arrive in the North in late November and early December.

The announcement comes as North Korea complains about a delay in energy aid shipments. North Korea said Wednesday that it has slowed disabling its Yongbyon nuclear reactor in response.

State Department spokesman Robert Wood told reporters Wednesday that the United States will continue to have discussions with North Korea on ways to verify the North's accounting of its nuclear program

SOURCE

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wth1257
11-12-2008, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I never expected to see this in my lifetime.

US shipping fuel oil to North Korea in nuke deal

WASHINGTON – The United States says it has shipped 50,000 metric tons of heavy fuel oil to North Korea as part of a nuclear disarmament deal. The fuel is scheduled to arrive in the North in late November and early December.

The announcement comes as North Korea complains about a delay in energy aid shipments. North Korea said Wednesday that it has slowed disabling its Yongbyon nuclear reactor in response.

State Department spokesman Robert Wood told reporters Wednesday that the United States will continue to have discussions with North Korea on ways to verify the North's accounting of its nuclear program

SOURCE
What's new here?

Woodrow
11-12-2008, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
What's new here?
Probably nothing. But, for those of us living in the far North with record heating fuel prices and many shortages, it cause us to be unhappy campers. That is enough oil to supply all of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana with heat for the entire winter. But, instead it gets sold to a people that are hostile towards us. I guess our money is no good in America.

Keltoi
11-12-2008, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Probably nothing. But, for those of us living in the far North with record heating fuel prices and many shortages, it cause us to be unhappy campers. That is enough oil to supply all of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana with heat for the entire winter. But, instead it gets sold to a people that are hostile towards us. I guess our money is no good in America.
Taking into account the news out of North Korea today, which is that inspectors aren't allowed to take samples from NK's primary nuclear site, this deal is probably scrapped. I'm sure it was part of some concession deal for NK if they stuck to the agreement. It seems they have chosen the new Obama presidency as a chance to see if they can secure a better deal.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.