/* */

PDA

View Full Version : just something bugging my mind

AnonymousPoster
11-12-2008, 05:28 PM
I have been through quite a bad depression this year specially after family member passed away I have just recovered from it through my prayers which gives me peace of mind. I have learned a lot about my self and mashallah a lot more pious. I have told myself to look forward and be hopeful as there is always tomorrow if allah willing. But when ever I see or hear other people’s problems or hear about some one illness it really brings me down and scares me than I feel guilty about being happy. This voice in my head keeps telling me your happy and calm now wait till you find out what’s round the corner. I get scared to be hopeful as Ive seen so many peoples hopes and dreams been broken down. Is what im feeling normal should I be optimistic about the future.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
11-12-2008, 07:29 PM
I am actually in a similar situation, I see people in so much hadrship n keeps effecting me. I think the fact that it effects you shows that you have a good heart. However, don't join them. You can try to be a means of mercy to them, listen to them & remind them that there is ease after hardship.

Tell them that others have it worse. Like, give them examples of those suffering. Remind them that some people are blind, and they still manage to keep going. What about the widowed childless mother in Iraq? Wat about the innocent child who lost his entire family within the blink of an eye in Afghanistan? Looking for food from the streets? Wat did he do? Is their hardship as bad as his?

You should be happy, don't feel guilty cause u are happy. Wen u are happy thats mercy from Allah, you should say Alhamdulilah.

up Volume 9, Book 93, Number 596
Narrator: Abu Huraira

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said,
'I am to my slave as he thinks of Me, (i.e. I am able to do for him what he thinks I can do for him). (See Hadith No. 502)

Ask Allah Anything n believe that he can do it..

AnonymousPoster
11-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Jazakallah kair for the comments

i guess when something really big and life changing events happens to us it makes us realise that in life anything is possible and no matter how muh we plan or how much we try to hold on to something if it is the will of Allah than it will be taken away from us. But who am i to complain everything in life happens for a reason and for a purpose.

But sometimes you just cant help let things get to you and specially the way i am when im feeling down or negative i just think of everything and all the things that hapened just goes round in my mind like a flash back. But i guess sooner or later we gotta let go of things we not here forever so how can we except everything else to stay as they are.

It just sometime scary to think that with a click of a finger everything could be taken away from you. Sometimes when i hear peoples problems i just think something round the corner is waiting for me I guess we cant prevent everything in life all i can do is ask Allah to give me strength to cope what ever happens.

Intisar
11-13-2008, 02:47 AM
:sl: You know honestly that's how I was too at one point, well two points in my life actually. When I was 10, I was devastated when my late grandmother (may Allah grant her jannatul firdaus) had died. I didn't even understand the whole concept of death, and it was just hard because I wasn't even allowed to go to the funeral. I was just feeling so lonely when I was a kid, about to go to middle school and all of a sudden it was like I just couldn't deal with it at all. I had such a close relationship with her, she was there with me throughout my childhood. At one point I was even under the impression that she was my mother. :-[

Earlier this year my other grandmother had died as well, my grandmother's sister (the one I was talking about earlier, may Allaah grant them both jannatul firdaus). Both of them died of cancer, and their other sister had also died in 2004 of cancer as well. Really sad wallahi. But this incident was particularly hard for me because I was just beginning to have such a close relationship with her, she was such a cool grandmom mashaa'Allaah. I was visiting her every weekend and days off of school and stuff. And then two days after I had seen her, she was in a coma, and then she had died. You could imagine how I had felt, I was about to get married too and I was looking forward to telling her but I couldn't bear feeling happy when my grandmother had just died.

So honestly, that just reminded that ''kulu nafsin daa iqatul mawt'' (every soul shall taste death) and that we should live each day like our last. We shouldn't feel overtly happy, but grateful that we've been given another day to live. Do not dwell on small things but rather be happy that Allaah ta'ala has given you so much and that he asks for you to pray only 5 times a day.

When such instances occur, they are only reminders for us because the same thing will happen to every soul at one point or another. The only thing we are really sure of in this life (besides Islaam) is death. It is unavoidable.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.