/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Mother Passed Away

coddles76
11-13-2008, 03:25 AM
:sl:

My mother passwed away, May Allah bless her, forgive her and shower his mercy on her, and I wanted to possibly give her the best continuous rewards and wondering whether anybody can provide some evidentually advice on what are the best things I could do for her now that she has passed.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-13-2008, 03:46 AM
.. akhi your thread made me cry...

Please accept my deepest condolences.. what a nightmare..

May Allah yer7maha and yo3teekoum as'sabr wa silwan..

imsad imsad imsad

I really don't know what to say..

inna lilah wa'inna ilyhi raji3oon

imsad imsad imsad

coddles76
11-13-2008, 03:58 AM
May Allah Bless you Skye, It is a very hard thing to endure but I guess what keeps me going is that I remember in one of the names of Allah SWT which is the 'All Merciful' and I know he will show his mercy upon her. I just want to try everything I can to possibly continue giving her rewards inshAllah, I know as a child I can make DUA and give Sadaqa in her name and was wondering if there was more I can do. I loved my mum very much and I hope she died pleased with me even knowing I was ungrateful to her during my younger years.

BNDGR
11-13-2008, 04:29 AM
Asalam alaikum brother,
I'm so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. Our parents are so special and it is hard to see them pass.
I don't know enough to comment on anything.
Take care brother and may Allah give you comfort.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cute123
11-13-2008, 06:09 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon.

May Allah ease your pain. have patience brother, Our lord has a mercy of 70 mothers. just imagine 70 mothers. He cares about us a lot rather than we can ever understand.

May He give your mother a peaceful sleep and protect her from all the punishments of the grave . Be firm in your prayers , and include this dua

.رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِى صَغِيرًا
(17:23-24)

Time will be pass by and the pain would lessen. Be patient akhee. And do lots of prayers as the prayer of this time that you are passing by are accepted. inshallah. May Allah ease your pain

Woodrow
11-13-2008, 06:36 AM
inna lilah wa'inna ilyhi raji3oon

As difficult as this time may be, please understand it is a gift for both you and your Mother.

How can such a sad time be a gift?

Because, your life is proceeding in the order it was meant to be. You will never have to face the fear of dieing before your Mother and cause her stronger grief than you now face. That is the gift your Mother gained, she was spared the possibility of seeing you die.

Now for yourself, fear of death will diminish for you. Your Mother has lead the way for you. You will now gain the courage and knowledge to understand and follow the path that leads to Jannah and Inshallah One day you will regain what you now lost and be blessed for eternity.

north_malaysian
11-13-2008, 06:56 AM
Inna lillahi w inna ilayhi rajioun....

Allahumma aghfirlaha w erhamha

noorseeker
11-13-2008, 07:28 AM
inna lillahi wa inna lillahi rajioon, may Allah give you peace of mind brother, just remember all the good times you spent with her.

cute123
11-13-2008, 07:42 AM
what brother woodrow has said - is very true.

Tilmeez
11-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Inna lillahi wa ina elaihi ra'ajion :'(

Riyadh-ul-Jannah
11-13-2008, 08:50 AM

Innahlillahi wa Inna Ilayhi ra'jioon.
Sorry Brother! It would be very sad to lose the closest to oneself.

Snowflake
11-13-2008, 09:25 AM
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi ra jioon

May Allah place sabr and acceptance in your heart and may He place noor in your mother's grave and grant her Paradise. Ameen.

The things you can do for deceased parents are...

pay any debts they left behind
Hadith related by Ibn Majah quotes the Prophet as saying: "What is credited to a believer of his action and good deed after his death is any useful knowledge he might have taught or spread, a God-fearing child he might have left behind, a copy of the Qur'an he might have left to an heir, a mosque he might have built, a house he might have dedicated for use by travelers, a stream or river he might have caused to run, a donation to charity (i.e. sadaqah) he might have set aside when he was enjoying good health. All that catches up with him after his death." Another authentic Hadith related by Muslim quotes the Prophet as saying: "Any Muslim who initiates a good practice receives its reward and the reward of anyone who follows his example without reducing their reward by the smallest of fractions, and any Muslim who initiates a bad practice will bear its burden as well as the burden of everyone who follows his example without reducing their burdens in anyway."

>
There are numerous Hadiths which tell us that a number of his companions came to the Prophet individually to ask him whether they can give sadaqah or fast or do the pilgrimage on behalf of their deceased relatives, and he always said that they may do that and the dead person would benefit by it. Al-Bukhari relates that Saad ibn Ubadah, the chief of the Ansari tribe of Al-Khazraj, said to the Prophet: "Messenger of Allah, my mother died when I was away. Would she benefit if I give charitable donations (i.e. sadaqah) on her behalf? The Prophet answered in the affirmative. Saad said: "I would like you to be my witness that I am giving as sadaqah on her behalf my orchard at Al-Meraf." Ibn Abbas reports that a woman traveled in a boat and pledged that should Allah save her life, she would fast for a month. She was saved but she did not fast before she died. Her daughter or her sister asked the Prophet about that and he ordered her to fast on behalf of the deceased woman. (Related by Abu-Dawood, An-Nassaie, Ahmad and others).
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Islam-947/2008/8/sadaqah.htm

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “A man’s status will be raised in Paradise and he will ask, ‘How did I get here?’ He will be told, ‘By your son’s du`a’s (prayers) for forgiveness for you.” (Reported by Ibn Majah)

Another thing that may reach the deceased is sadaqah (charity) given on his behalf, because ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him): “My mother has passed away, and if she could have spoken, she would have given something in charity. Will she receive a reward if I give something on her behalf?" He said, “Yes.” (Reported by al-Bukhari)

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503544236

InshaAllah there is more in the links.

nadia85
11-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon,very sorry 2 hear ur bad news

Danah
11-13-2008, 09:42 AM
ina lilah wa ina ilaihi raje3on

May allah grant you patience my brother
the best thing to do now is keep making duaa for her, and give charity on behalf of her intent.........

Ansariyah
11-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Inna lilahi wa'inna ilyhi raji3oon

kullu nafsin dhaa2iqat al mawt.

SubhanaAllah u must be so devastated imsad. May Allah grant you sabr to bear this painful loss. Ur mother is with the one who created her, who wrongs none. May Allah bring your heart ease. ameen.

May Allah SWT forgive her, have mercy on her soul, make her grave spacious and grant her the highest of firdows ameen.

La ilaha ilalah...

IbnAbdulHakim
11-13-2008, 11:11 AM
innah lillaahi wa innah ilaihi raajiun..

brother always make dua' for her, ask mercy for her, ask her status to continue rising , you yourself be as good a muslim as you can possibly be inshaAllah

Argamemnon
11-13-2008, 03:48 PM
I don't know what to say :cry: :cry: :cry:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-13-2008, 03:55 PM
^ our prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam teaches us to say

"innah lillaahi wa innah ilaihi raajiun" whever a death or calamity befalls us. This means

"From Allah we have come, and to him we return"

piXie
11-13-2008, 04:09 PM

Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon. Sorry to hear that imsad Aameen to all the du'aas. You are very brave!

Na7lah
11-13-2008, 04:12 PM
innah lillaahi wa innah ilaihi raji3oon

May Allah grant you sabr brother, subhanallah, a mother is a great loss

islamirama
11-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Inna-Lillahi-Wa-Inna-Ilaihi Rajiun (To Allah We Belong And To Him We Shall Return)

I know this is not easy but inshallah have sabr and know that inshallah she has gone to a better place. Indeed She and we all are amanat of Allah and loan to each other here, He can take His loan back whenever He desires.
The best thing you can do is to help her increase her scale of good deeds. Prophet

said: "When a person dies all his good deeds cease except for three: a continuous charity, beneficial knowledge, and a righteous son who supplicates for him." [Muslim]

Be a righteous son who lives according to Islam. Who gives zakah, sadaqa, fasts, prays, is kind to others, and the best Muslim he can be. You are from your mother, whatever good deed you do, inshallah she too will get the reward for it.
Another prophetic narration reads that the Prophet

said: "The righteous deeds that continue to benefit a believer after his death include the knowledge that he teaches and spreads among others, a righteous son whom he leaves behind, or a copy of the Quran that he bequeaths to his inheritors, or a mosque that he builds, or a rest house that he builds for the wayfarers, or a canal of water that he digs for the benefit of others, or a charity that he gives out of his property during his life while he is sound of health. He will continue to receive reward for all these even after his death." [Ibn Maajah and Ibn Khuzaymah]

The virtues of such deeds lie in the reward which continues even after the death of the person; it does not cease at his death. The degree of reward is not similar for all the deeds, rather it varies from one act of charity to another based on its type, effects and the need of people for that charity.

What you can do inshallah is invest not only for yourself but also for your mother. Support building of a new Masjid, Islamic center, Islamic school, hafiz program, planting a tree, or anything that lasts a long long time. Do it on behalf of your mother. So long as the masjid stands, any good deed done there will earn her reward. Any knowledge anyone learns and acts on, she will be reward, Any knoweldge that is passed onto others and they act on, she will be rewarded inshallah. Eid Al-Adha is coming up, sacrifice an animal on her behalf in one of the needy countries.

Zahida
11-13-2008, 06:22 PM
:sl: Inna Lilla he wa inna eleheh rajaioun.............. May Allah give you Sabur at this especially sad time, and grant your mother a place in Jahaana.. Ameen.

The best thing for you to do would be to pray and make dua for your mother,this will be beneficial for the both of you,,,,,,,,,,,:w:imsad

Khayal
11-13-2008, 06:37 PM

Inna Lillahe Wa Inna Elaehe Raje'on!

Aameen to all the du'aas.

AnonymousPoster
11-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Inalillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajioon,

imsad

These may help (inshaAllaah):

The Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wassalam) said: "When a person dies, all his deeds come to an end except three: sadaqah jaariyah (ongoing charity, e.g. a waqf or endowment), beneficial knowledge (which he has left behind), or a righteous child who will pray for him." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, no 1376; he said this is a Sahih Hasan Hadith)

The most important thing that will benefit your mother after her death, and that you can do for her now that she is in her grave, is to strive to pray for her and ask for forgiveness and mercy for her, and for Paradise and salvation from the Fire, and other good and beautiful du’as (supplications).

The Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wassalam) said: "A man’s status will be raised in Paradise and he will ask, ‘How did I get here?’ He will be told, ‘By your son’s du’aa’s (prayers) for forgiveness for you." (Reported by Ibn Maajah, no 3660; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1617)

Another thing that may reach the deceased is sadaqah (charity) given on his (OR her) behalf, because ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) reported that a man said to the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wassalam): "My mother has passed away, and if she could have spoken, she would have given something in charity. Will she receive a reward if I give something on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by Al-Bukhaari, Fath, 1388)

Abu Hurayrah reported that a man said to the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wassalam): "My father has died and left money behind. He did not make a wasiyyah (a will); will it expiate for his sins if I give some of it in charity on his behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by Al-Nisaa’i)

Sa’d ibn ‘Ubaadah said: "I said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah (Salallahu Alayhi Wassalam), my mother has died. Should I give charity on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ I asked, ‘What kind of charity is best?’ He said, ‘Providing water.’" (Reported by Al-Nisaa’i)

Another thing that may benefit the deceased is to fulfil their nadhr (vow), because Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that a woman came to the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wassalam) and said: "My mother made a vow to perform Hajj but she died before she could do it. Can I perform Hajj on her behalf?" He said, "Yes, perform Hajj on her behalf. Don’t you think that if your mother owed a debt you would pay it off?" She said, "Yes." He said, "Then pay off what is owed to Allaah, for Allaah is more deserving of having vows fulfilled." (Al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 7315)

I ask Allaah to forgive your Mother and have mercy on her and on all the deceased Muslims, for He is oft Forgiving, Most Merciful. Aameen,

Edited extracts from IslamQA - Sheikh Salih Al Munajjid.

Patience7
11-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Inna lillahi wainna ilaihi rajiun
Ameen to all the above duas

S_87
11-13-2008, 11:43 PM
Ameen to the duas and may Allah grant you patience!

Ar-RaYYan
11-14-2008, 12:13 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that brother :cry:But remember what bro woodrow said - at least your mother wont have to suffer if it was the other way around and you dying. Inshallah i hope Allah will grant you patience and ease your pain. We dont realise how precious our mothers are until they are not with us anymore.The brothers and sisters have already answered your question and i dont think i can add anymore to it except to say do LOTS of Du'as.

Z-Blade
11-14-2008, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76

My mother passwed away, May Allah bless her, forgive her and shower his mercy on her, and I wanted to possibly give her the best continuous rewards and wondering whether anybody can provide some evidentually advice on what are the best things I could do for her now that she has passed.

:wasalamex akhi,

Subhanallah-hil-Azeem!, may Allah grant your mother Jannatul Firdaws, Ameen!

Give charity on her behalf, read Quran for her, and most importantly, make dua and even more dua for her!

When it comes to duas, the main one is probably "Rabbeer 7amhumaa kamaa rabba yanee sagheeraah" from the Quran. This one:

17:24
وَاخْفِضْ لَهُمَا جَنَاحَ الذُّلِّ مِنَ الرَّحْمَةِ وَقُل رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: "My Lord! Bestow on them Your mercy as they did bring me up when I was small."

Wassalam.

edil
11-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Ina lilah wa ina ilayhi raji'un
Brother I am really sorry to hear that. I hope Allah grants her Jannah Insha'allah. You can do so many things for her akhi. Such as giving away charity for her, praying for her, doing sadaqah jariya (continues charity;masjids building). You can also do perform hajj for her.

coddles76
11-14-2008, 01:10 AM
May Allah SWT bless you all for your kind words and advice. I really appreciate the input from everyone and its Beautiful to know there are people out there that care, especially if you haven't met them personally. May Allah SWT forgive us all, spare us the torment of the grave and grant us the blessed reward of paradise inshAllah. Thankyou All very very much. You have all warmed my heart and your advice has eased the pain I am experiencing. May Allah SWT reward you all. Ameen

rose17
11-14-2008, 02:57 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun
Amen to the dua

Snowflake
11-14-2008, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
May Allah SWT bless you all for your kind words and advice. I really appreciate the input from everyone and its Beautiful to know there are people out there that care, especially if you haven't met them personally. May Allah SWT forgive us all, spare us the torment of the grave and grant us the blessed reward of paradise inshAllah. Thankyou All very very much. You have all warmed my heart and your advice has eased the pain I am experiencing. May Allah SWT reward you all. Ameen
ameen :cry:

May Allah keep our blessed Prophet's (saw) ummah united in their joys, sorrows and deen. ameen

Ar-RaYYan
11-14-2008, 01:10 PM
i forget to add - read my signature bro, it always makes me feel better when i'm sad! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.