/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Judgemental

AnonymousPoster
11-14-2008, 09:24 AM
:sl:
Im worried about being judgemental of others all the time, i know only Allah swt can judge people. I think i was the person , that thought i dont judge people, im good,. These few days ive done a lot of soul searching, asking my self a lot of questions. And i do judge, basically since being practising, you see the world differently, seeing halal and haram.

For example i notice which girl is not wearing hijab, or if she is she, is wearing tight clothes. Noticing which people are after the dunya e.t.c

It seems i dont notice all the sins i am doing , astagfirulla, there have been so many.

My question is should i make an effort not to judge but feel concern or hurt inside, or should i just ignore what people are doing altogether.

Another example some one tells me they are having a relationship.
Well nowadays ,most of us wont even bat an eyelid, and probally think ,is that it, no biggie. How should we as muslims react to this,

Because having relationships nowadays is the norm, So we see big sins as small sins ... When major sins become the norm in society, are we asking for trouble.

I just want peoples advice on this,, I so want to get an islamic way of thinking, and be a good muslim

Jazakallah khayran in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
11-14-2008, 11:02 AM
:bump1:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-14-2008, 11:05 AM
if someone told me they having a haram relationship i'd assess who it is thats telling me - if its a kafir then i'd probably just ignore it - if its a non-practising muslim then i'd probably smack my own forehead and talk bout how girlfriends suck in a jokey friendly way - if its a practising muslim i'd smack his forehead and tell him to stop ;D

but seriously, the only thing which makes you judgemental is when you act like you aint done anything wrong ever, as long as you dont act like that why should people think your judgemental?

Assalamu Alaikum

Ali.
11-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Well, I guess it's normal to get an instantaneous first impression of somebody, but what you have to refrain from doing is comparing yourself to them and how 'superior' you may be to them (not saying you do this).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zahida
11-14-2008, 11:54 PM
:sl: We can all be judgemental in different ways........ however you are talking about relationships in particular ............. i agree again with Mz if the person is kaffir, wouldn't bother me........... If the person is Muslim it would bother me even if he/she are not practising as it is my duty/responsibility to teach them or preach whatever you would like to call it.................. and if he/she were a pracising brother/sister then they should know that they shouldn't be doing this sort of thing anyway.............

I am probably not making sense but it's been a long day and i am now off to my bed................... :w:

Snowflake
11-15-2008, 01:38 AM
we all judge people, situations and everything else in life. it's the way we gauge how to deal with those things.

the most important thing is not to feel that you are better than them. Pride! That is what got Iblis thrown out of Jannah. if i ever begin to get thoughts of being better than someone, i think of my sins and weaknesses and i quickly come back down to earth again. even lower in fact - i feel i've been buried 6ft under - my sins!

alcurad
11-15-2008, 01:49 AM
the thing is, a person judges according to themselves, we see ourselves-the parts we don't like- in others. to be at peace with yourself, not to look down on your self, to be forgiving are all a start if you don't want that to happen. but remember, going overboard in anything is bad.
and I believe having relationships with other humans is was and will always be the norm, although people have different interpretations of that. sometimes they might be the only warm place in an otherwise cold dark and long night.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.