/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Teaching

AnonymousPoster
11-14-2008, 11:48 AM
I had doubts when I started my job as a kindergarten teacher. I posted up here about it. Well I went on with it and thought I'd give it a try. Now this earning money has so gotten to me. I've started to get attached to this job. It's a pleasure teaching children BUT there is so much music involved, singing and dancing, like we're singing them christmas songs every morning. There are instruments invloved in order to teach them rhymes, there is a lot of picture drawing. One of the most important thing for children at this stage is giving them lots of visuals. So I've been drawing or pasting lots of pictures of children and animals for them.

Thus, I decided I should quit. Now I'm sure if I did the right thing. Please reassure me that there are better things I can do. There is a need for money and I have free time, what do you suggest is the best job for a muslimah to do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-14-2008, 12:22 PM
i would definitly quit if it was that environment.

may Allah reward you

AnonymousPoster
11-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Jazak'Allah

Ansariyah
11-16-2008, 12:09 PM
can u try teaching in a islamic school?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
11-16-2008, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
i would definitly quit if it was that environment.

may Allah reward you
You wouldn't want your children to learn these stuff? Since, when your young you need these things to adapt and learn,

What's wrong with being a teacher? Seriously? it's a good way you can keep an eye on the ummah, the younger generation will take over when we're long gone,

Work in a HE school, High school etc, and an all girls school, or in the comfort of your own home.

Zahida
11-16-2008, 06:21 PM
:sl: I work with children too but older and only girls.

If i were in your place and if i could i would open up a private kindergarten(American?) and teach the children nasheeds etc etc and still sing and dance because they are only babies.

When my kids were younger i had a tape and it was brilliant!! I used to play it all the time...... this is the way we wash our hands, wash our hands ,wash our hands when we do our wudu............ and it was all to .music like the nursery school, sorry kindergarten songs, it's just a thought but i would do it beginning from maybe home or getting a loan or maybe getting other Muslim Sisters involved in getting started.

Sounds like fun!!!:w::bump1:

AnonymousPoster
11-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Teaching can be very rewarding but a school's culture can clash with personal values and customs. Perhaps find an Islaamic school to work at where the ethos and culture complements your beliefs? If teaching is your kind of thing and you don't want to totally leave the field, you could even try private classes, community sessions, workshops etc?

Olive
11-16-2008, 07:23 PM
An Islamic school would be a much better option and since you find teaching children a pleasure, it would be much rewarding if you taught Muslim children the ways of our Prophet (SAW).

May Allah reward you and guide you. Ameen. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.