/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what does the word aaqa mean?

innocent
11-14-2008, 05:05 PM
I have heard it in nasheeds a lot.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-14-2008, 05:18 PM
:sl:

^ Is it lord in the same sense that Yusuf a.s. referred to the Malik of Egypt "Indeed, he is my master (Rabbi), who has made good my residence." ?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-14-2008, 05:22 PM
I know, that's why I asked if it's in that sense of the word?

Na7lah
11-14-2008, 05:27 PM
3aaq in arabic i think means disobediant but you asked for aaqa :hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah..that's interesting..I've heard most of those words before but I never thought the definition was lord.

doorster
11-14-2008, 11:00 PM
in my language it can be used to address a superior (but mostly now it is used in wrongful worship)

synonymous with Master, Lord, Malik (owner), Mai baap meaning mother & father (mostly used by beggars), aaqa is also used by extreme "deviants" when worshipping the Last Prophet, a "saint" or any leader of their various tarikahs

Riyadh-ul-Jannah
11-14-2008, 11:47 PM
:sl:

Sorry, I wouldn't know much about that, I have learnt most Urdu but this I do not no, unfortunately, so I cannot help you.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.