/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Trying to be a better muslim

AnonymousPoster
11-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Salaamalakum

Lately ive been trying to change myself to be a better muslim by praying, controlling myself, my gaze, desires. Its been about a week since ive been trying and im slowly breaking down, i feel as if i cant keep this up and that ill break any second and do something haraam. I keep getting temptations etc. I really wanna be a better muslim, i keep telling myself after hardship comes ease but it just doesnt sink in. I really need some help, im 17 atm and life just isn't easy for me. No one really understands me in my family, except my brother he does abit but still.

Can anyone give me some advice, inspirational quotes, hadeeths, words of wisdom?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FREAK-A-ZOID
11-15-2008, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Salaamalakum

Lately ive been trying to change myself to be a better muslim by praying, controlling myself, my gaze, desires. Its been about a week since ive been trying and im slowly breaking down, i feel as if i cant keep this up and that ill break any second and do something haraam. I keep getting temptations etc. I really wanna be a better muslim, i keep telling myself after hardship comes ease but it just doesnt sink in. I really need some help, im 17 atm and life just isn't easy for me. No one really understands me in my family, except my brother he does abit but still.

Can anyone give me some advice, inspirational quotes, hadeeths, words of wisdom?
so keep your duty to Allah as best you can (64:16) because my sister said that all you can do try your best

Zahida
11-15-2008, 06:22 PM
:sl: You are only 17.............. Every 17 year old has issues you are at the age, hormones etc....... You are trying your best and those moments of weakness are just the shaitaan, but if you are determined and true to yourself then you won't let temptation in your way............

Let me tell you something about myself. I am forty. (LOL! old enough to be your mum..... I have a fifteen year old daughter by the way!) and i teach in an all girls school and the ages range from 11 to 18/19. So i do sort of understand the teenage dilemmas!!

Well when i read namaaz, i have this Khauff, like a sort of concioussness around me that i have just prayed my namaaz this makes me more weary of my actions and deeds........ therefore making me a better person also. Keep this in mind.......... hope i helped.:w::bump1:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2008, 10:54 PM
bro i know its hard...

i pray you never give up.

always try your best, repent and keep moving forward... may Allah help us all be better muslims.

Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
transition?
11-16-2008, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Salaamalakum

There is a great battle going on with you. the battle of the heart and mind. In every battle there is pain, but if you can persevere until the end, the victory will overweigh the battle itself.

the pain means you're still fighting.
Don't give up.

Saimah Ali
11-16-2008, 11:15 AM
"The Shortest Distance between a Problem and it's Solution is the Distance between your Knees and the Floor. The one who Kneels to Allah (Ta'ala) can Stand Up to Anything."

Olive
11-16-2008, 11:17 AM
^^ Excellent quote. MashaAllah. :)

AnonymousPoster
11-16-2008, 11:54 AM
AsalamuAlaykum,

Sorry to hear that akh/ukht,

I've been going through crap lately, not in the same way as you have, but crap nonetheless,

I'll type up/copy paste some inspirational quotes/hadith/quranic quotes that other members have given me, they've helped me quite a bit, so I hope they help you,

And for those who fear Allah, He (ever) prepares a way out, And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if any one puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is ((Allah)) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish his purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion. [At-Talaq: 2-3]

Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, "When (will come) the Help of Allâh?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allâh is near! [Surah Baqarah: Ayah 214]

Inna ma'al usri Yusra

One isn't counted as a persistant sinner if he seeks forgiveness everytime he sins, even if he returns to the same sin 70 times a day' [Tirmidhi]

'Oh mankind, what keeps you from your Lord the Most Kind? Never despair the Mercy of your Lord'

Allaah only tests those he loves

'Islam destroys what was before it and repentance destroys what was before it' (Muslim)

'And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a duty for him to get out (from every difficulty) [65:2]

imsad

UnknownOne
11-16-2008, 12:48 PM
A.salaam
I'm in the exact same situation...
Same things are going on, people just don't get me
I do try my best, to fufill what is required, it's just that I think I've taken little sins as nothing and now its resulting in bigger sins becoming little sins..
I've got got to go to the mirror and smack myself back into place...
Smacking does work, you'll just have to readjust your spinal cord later on, haha
W.salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.