/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Procrastination

transition?
11-16-2008, 02:44 AM
No matter what I do, I just can let this old habit die. I've always procrastinated even when I was 6 or 7. I used to be smart, so I'd always quickly do my homework in the car or right before class. It's not that I can do hard work it's just that get myself to start the work in the first place.

I've fallen behind a lot. I don't where to start. =(. My friends, teachers, and family are disappointed in my "laziness." For the past few years, I did enter a period of depression, and I lost all motivation whatsoever in school and house work, even with people/friends.
Islam has been the leading force in my awakening. Knowledge is like a zap to my heart, but the progress is still too slow for life.

It's hard because people want to be motivated through Humanism, but I am motivated by Islam. So I have a hard time balancing my worldly and religious affairs.

I've tried schedules and calendars and journals. Sadly, it's been a twist, because I can't keep up with any of them.

Laziness is just so hard to get out of now. :skeleton:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
11-16-2008, 03:36 AM
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllppppppppp.
=S

noorain
11-16-2008, 03:38 AM
:sl:
The following dua has been related from the Messenger (upon whom be peace) for protection against laziness:

Allâhumma innî acûdhu bika minal-ajzi wal-kasli wal-jubni wal-harami wal-bukhli, wa a'udhbika min adhabil qabri, wa a'udhubika fitnatil mahya walmamat.

O Allah, I seek refuge in You from weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, anxiety and sorrow, and I seek refuge in You from the torments of grave, and I seek refuge in You from the trials and tribulations of life and death.

Questfortruth
11-16-2008, 04:10 AM
Assalam Alykum

Are you uncertain about your future?

I did enter a period of depression, and I lost all motivation whatsoever
You need to set goals long term and short term. I know many Muslims discourage us from keeping long term goals. But this is the only way you can motivate yourself. Plan out what you want from life. I work for a company where majority of the employees are old men. All of them tell me the same thing they wish they could have accomplished more in their life. This motivated me because I do not want to grow old and regret that I should have done more.

These websites might help Insh'Allah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60lgX...eature=related

http://www.dynamicmentalfitness.com/...ess-exercises/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Questfortruth
11-16-2008, 04:23 AM
It's hard because people want to be motivated through Humanism, but I am motivated by Islam. So I have a hard time balancing my worldly and religious affairs.
You are over whelming yourself. I use to feel guilty that I do way too much studying for worldly education and not enough for Islamic education. But I realized I did not accomplish either. All guilt does is make you feel miserable. You end up giving up both and procrastinate. The best solution is to have better time management skills. Start with 24 hours and subtract to see what you're wasting your time on. Whatever you see as unnessary take that thing out replace it with something meaningful. So watching television a person spends 3.5hrs a day. Thats 24.5 hrs a week more then a day. If you watch television take that out its waste of your time. Music a person can listen to one song that they really like for an hour without realizing it. Wasting time on computer. There is way too much information on computer but not enough time. The best solution is not to look up information that does not matter to you. Sometimes we research the samething over and over agian.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.