/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijrah on credit...

lewcow
11-16-2008, 04:38 AM
Bismeellaah.

As Salaamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

I'm an American revert who is not finding work, neck deep in college debt, and continues to get inclinations to make hijrah for the sake of Allah. The shaitan are mounting against me, and I am growing concerned for my deen... 1. I wonder if it is permissible out of necessity for me to use a credit card to buy a plane ticket? 2. Maybe someone knows some brothers who would be willing to help me get situated if and when I arrive, insha'Allah. Saudi, Jordan, Yemen, Palestine...anywhere there is a community upon Haqq, free from bidah. I am with little knowledge (and barely any Arabic), but some Iman that I desperately do not want to loose. I would also like to apply to seek knowledge at one of the Universities, as I am just within the age requirements...

Salaam,

Abdullah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
11-17-2008, 03:04 AM
:sl:

Oh boy, you've got a lot on your plate

edit

For permissibility of such matters, I think it's best to ask a scholar. I understand reverts have special cases, since well they have to make the transition from their old path to their new path.

try islamqa.com
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/islamqapages/4

:w:

S_87
11-17-2008, 03:26 PM
brother what will you do when you arrive at whichever country you choose to go? Work wont just fall into your lap and there are many disaster stories of such. for Hijra id suggest you look at this forum which gives many tips on hijra

www.hijra.net

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.