/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Torture in Islam?

crayon
11-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this..

I was just watching a short doc on prison torture, and it was horrifying. It got me thinking about whether torture is allowed in islam. I asked my parents, they said it isn't, which I feel is right, but I wanted to make sure.

What is Islam's stance on torture? Is it completely forbidden or are there any circumstances when it is allowed? If yes, what kinds/to what extent? Just any info regarding islam and torture would be good, jazakum allah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Saadet
11-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Torture is forbidden in Islam. Islam gives strict guidelines for punishment. If someone commits a crime, and their guilt is proven beyond a doubt, the Sharia dictates that they recieve the appropriate punishment, no more, no less.

crayon
11-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Jazak Allah khair.

Anyone else have any other info? Hadiths perhaps? Torturing POW's is definitely haram, right, since if I recall correctly they have to be treated very well..?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.