/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the towers of the house old & new jpg ابراج البيت

جوري
11-18-2008, 03:57 AM
I am pretty sure, the topic has been briefly mentioned here before.. I thought I'd share some pix..

jedah by night

old jeddah

sisters? from Jeddah

old Jeddah again

this is a Mashrabiya,Shanashil (Arabic: مشربية or شناشيل‎) is the Arabic term given to a type of projecting oriel window enclosed with carved wood latticework located on the second storey of a building or higher, often lined with stained glass. The mashrabiy (sometimes shanshool or rushan) is an element of traditional Arabic architecture used since the middle ages up to the mid twentieth century

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
alcurad
11-18-2008, 06:03 AM
nostalgia.
actually, the abraj look more impressive on paper, the rest is nice.
on the other hand, I didn't get the idea behind the sisters pic, were they part of the landscape:?

جوري
11-18-2008, 06:17 AM
It isn't about landscape it is about Jeddah--- indigenous folks & all.. although I do have a purpose behind it

:w:

Tilmeez
11-18-2008, 06:52 AM
I didn't get the idea behind the sisters pic, were they part of the landscape:?
these have been posted to get reps from one of our brothers... :D (Guess the name)
**Laughing Meanly**

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-18-2008, 06:56 AM
negative reps? :skeleton:

lol.. actually I put them to corroborate a point from another post, where an islamophobe claimed that an aussie woman was being persecuted for not wearing a face veil in Sauid Arabia :mmokay:^o)

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.