/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fiance problems, pt. 3

AnonymousPoster
11-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Maybe you brothers and sisters remember me posting about my fiance and about how I was having massive doubts?

NO MORE!

I confided in a well-known Sheikh from a nearby city and he said that I should call her the moment I got off of the phone with him and end it based on what I had told him.

So, I did.And omgomgomogmogmogomgomgomgomg Alhamdulillah! I feel so much better. There was no pain or anything, just relief. :)

I prayed Istikhara, as was suggested on this forum, and I had a really good feeling that the relationship was wrong, but I didn't know what to do about it. When I talked to this sheikh, I just knew and had the strength to "stick a fork in it."

Now my plan is to work more and more on my deen/personal characteristics so that I can be a good husband for the type of muslimah that I desire. W00t for self-improvement times!

I can hardly begin to describe the relief I feel right now. I have learned so much from this relationship, and I know Allah swt sent me through this for a reason. I need to see what I had to change, and I need to see some things that are not compatible with my view of the world. Now that those are clear to me, it's time to get to work.

In addition, this sheikh said that he would help me find a wife, but that I need to make dua as much as I can and fast on Mondays and Thursdays. Well, I'm going to have to start next week, but inshaAllah, I will be able to complete this until I find my wife.

ALLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHU Akbar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy right now, it is ridiculous!

It is just hard, you know, to make such a decision when your families know each other and everyone knows you're engaged! You just wonder what people will think, are you making the right decision????, etc.

But as we all know, Allah knows best!

Thanxya all for your advice!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
11-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Alhamdullilah it all worked out for the best, I hope Allah replaces her with someone better for you, in this life and the next.

kwolney01
11-20-2008, 07:06 PM
SubhanAllah!!!

I'm so happy for you brother. It's such a relieve to know that things can work out even if you may think at times they can not.

Always make sure you learn from your past mistakes and make a point to become a better person. Allah has a purpose for everyone!!!

I wish you the best brother!!

Jazak Allah Khair!!

Zahida
11-20-2008, 08:18 PM
:sl: Alhumdohlillah. Am happy to hear that you have made a decision, and not letting it affect you you sound happy.............. May Allah Bless you with His Rehmat and Blessings always Ameen.:w::D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.