/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Why Why

AnonymousPoster
11-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Why did Allah create us why did Allah give us life why are we give this life on this world why do we have to go through this tests what’s the point of being in this world when there is so many tribulation and hurt and betrayal and so much hatred why have we been chosen to live in the lives that we do. I know it’s a test determines who will go to jannah but what was the point of being born in the first place wouldn’t have been better if we weren’t created at all at leaset we wouldn’t have commited so much sins hurt so much people and vise varsa. Yes I know I shouldn’t be asking this questions but its really bugging my mind hope Allah can forgive me for such thoughts. But I just feel what was the purpose of my life I know everyone in this world is here for a reason. But I think that world would been better place if I wasn’t here or I don’t think it would have made any difference whether I was here or not to anyone. Why am I given this life and hurting my self and through others wouldn’t it been better if I wasn’t born why do I have to go through a test when I don’t want to go through gosh I hate thinking like this but I just need to get it out of me but why am I born if I never asked to be in this world and put through all this test. I may sound ungreatful im not questioning allahs blessings I don’t know if im sinning by thinking like this but I just wanted to know

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-20-2008, 06:55 PM
^ lol libz

all i gotta say

oh but i'll also say, asking why is normally pointless when it coems to the above questions, its all true, we exist, we're here,. the world runs like this... so we should learn to live with it.

its not hard, specially when theres islaam :D

kwolney01
11-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I think a lot of us think about these things at least once in our life. It's normal for us to want to know these things, but we should never doubt that Allah has a place for us here. You should remember that Allah does not want to make things hard on you, and he does not test you with anything you can not handle.

We all have a purpose, even though at times we may think it would be better off if we were not here at all. Pray to Allah for strength and support.

Stay strong and Allah knows best!

Jazak Allah Khair

ajnabee
11-20-2008, 08:49 PM
:sl:

"And I (Allah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)."

(Qur'an - Chapter 51, Verse 56)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
11-21-2008, 01:44 PM
I could understand that and i know Allah has created us but we bring so much upon our self and than expect allah to go make everything alright How can i expect allah to forgive me and give me more when i cant even forgive myself. When watever i do either way end up hurting people no matter whatever i do no is ever happy so how can allah be happy with me when i cant even make people in this world happy.

is it sin if i prey to Allah to take my life

Saimah Ali
11-21-2008, 03:11 PM
I was like you a couple of months ago. Asking these questions.

How can i expect allah to forgive me
How can you not? Do you underestimate Allah's Mercy? When Allah can forgive a person who has committed 100 murders and admit hiim into paradise, because he had repented, do you think you have committed more sins than that?

Hadith Qudsi 34:
On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.
Never underestimate Allah's forgiveness.

Yes. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but yes. We shouldn't ask for Allah to take our life, but we should ask Him to give us death when death is good for us, and keep us alive until life is good for us.

I had these suicidal thoughts as well once. But if you think about it, if we wish to die then we have failed in our test haven't we?

Allah always help the believers. Always. Never ose hope. Never. May Allah ease your sufferings and give you sabr (patience), to help you pass this test you are going through, Ameen.

livanae
11-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi there,

Well I do think the first step would be to not always impute the negatives of the world to God.

I feel that sometimes a person can rely too much on God that with almost everything in our existence, we try to bring in accord to this mental acceptance of 'truth'.

Point is, whether one believes in God or not, or whether He exists or not, nobody will ever fully know Him. That said, sometimes you have to understand the sufferings of the world from the God perspective, other times you just have to branch it out on your own.

So why are you being tested? Humans are tested each day of their lives to determine which of us are the most able. We're tested because it's what reveals our true-selves. It often highlights our strong and weak points. No matter how much gloomy life can be, living a happy, productive and meaningful life is your choice, alone. Now do the math.

I hope you find ways of overcoming your concerns.

Livanae.

AnonymousPoster
11-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Well I do think the first step would be to not always impute the negatives of the world to God.

Yes I know that but i just dont know who else to turn i know there are people in the world who are suffering and some one else is always worst position than us.:cry:

But its hard living EACH day of your life feeling empty isolated and alone from the world. HAving no one to turn to trying to keep everything to your self from family because you dont want to upset them and make them worried cause you know the situation is hurting them to.
Cant talk to your friends cause they live a different life and they wont understand. WOuld talk to a professional but dont know who to or where to go. imsad

No matter how much gloomy life can be, living a happy, productive and meaningful life is your choice, alone. Now do the math.

Every time you bring your self up something or other always brings you back down again the problem still bes there tormentting you day and NIGHT how can i just get on with things and be productive when my soul is so weak and my heart hurt so full of heart and my world is shattered into pieces and its not like its just been like this for few days its been like this for almost a year. No matter how much you try to forget but you know the situation is always gonna be there the problem is never gonna leave you.imsad

Livanae.[/QUOTE]

ajnabee
11-21-2008, 06:49 PM
:sl:

i think u need a focus in life. a goal to reach. an achievement to.. erm.. achieve :-[ lol do something. learn a new language. take up a new sport. go canoeing. dont drown. learn martial arts. anything! EVERYTHING! n no doubt u'll meet new people insha'allah. meet new friends, ones that will benefit ur deen and will influence u to do good. just something to increase ur zeal for life. u could go to islamic courses, there's plenty of institutions around to help u gain knowledge. or get involved in a muslim charity.

just get out there and experience life. :) there's sooooo much u could be doing. make ur life count. :thumbs_up

livanae
11-21-2008, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Yes I know that but i just dont know who else to turn i know there are people in the world who are suffering and some one else is always worst position than us.:cry:

But its hard living EACH day of your life feeling empty isolated and alone from the world. HAving no one to turn to trying to keep everything to your self from family because you dont want to upset them and make them worried cause you know the situation is hurting them to.
Cant talk to your friends cause they live a different life and they wont understand. WOuld talk to a professional but dont know who to or where to go. imsad

Every time you bring your self up something or other always brings you back down again the problem still bes there tormentting you day and NIGHT how can i just get on with things and be productive when my soul is so weak and my heart hurt so full of heart and my world is shattered into pieces and its not like its just been like this for few days its been like this for almost a year. No matter how much you try to forget but you know the situation is always gonna be there the problem is never gonna leave you.imsad
Ok. I see there is a lot on your mind, reminds me of many a times going through this phase myself. In the end, when circumstances get better, your view about life will get better too.

Think of it this way - suppose that life was after all treating you wonderfully - would you question your existence to the extent that you have in this thread? Yet it's easy for us, as per human nature, to despair when things are not going so well. Therefore, should we only exist for good times, and turn our backs to life during the hard times?

Secondly, it's true that there are people in far worse positions that you and I, but I advice you in particular, not to over-think about them. You can't soothe your afflictions or distress by knowing others are going through crap as well. You only have to think of others when you it serves as a lesson, and brings forth solutions for both you and potentially them as well. Hence, what you expect them to do in order to come out of their misery, you have to be able to expect yourself to do the same. You'll notice that you've plenty of opportunities to be happy in life than some people out there.

What I'm really suggesting is that you need to first and foremost change your attitude toward the matter. I admit it's hard to be optimistic; in giving it a shot, I also admit there are fears and doubts. I also admit that nothing ever changes over-night. Ask yourself, when you try to be optimistic - are you truly optimistic, or for the sake of it? Ask yourself, when you want to end all of this misery, do you realize it's a gradual process and not something which takes effect quickly?

You have to undergo self-reflection, I think that's a requisite from the phase you're going through. That means you really have to think about yourself for a while, before anyone else. You're in no position to think about others if you're breaking down - so don't worry too much of people's perceptions or their disappointment toward you just in case you need to express your sadness or thoughts. But what I suggest is whenever you seek to talk to anyone, be prepared to point out solutions to your problem, and not merely finding a moment of comfort. You're really in a fight against yourself, that's the only way you can toughen up.

Make your journey a personal matter, start thinking about what's best for your health, your mind, and every other basic necessity. Revive self-confidence. The world is not in favour of, or against you. People can be very self-involved at times and surroundings can appear depressing, but there's a reality larger than what you can imagine - and it's waiting for you. But you'll never see good times if you don't allow yourself to. The reward for good can be nothing but good. Hence, every good is earned.

Finally, try to enjoy life with the simple things. Discover yourself and your hobbies. This phase will also pass by. We all tread on it. To make it a valuable experience, take it as an
opportunity to search yourself and strengthen your belief.

Wake up one morning and try. If it fails, the next day try again. And keep trying until you get it right. Anyway, it would help if you can provide for me the details of your situation - feel free to PM me in case you need a chat.

On a final note, please seek advice through a counselor or professional.

AnonymousPoster
11-22-2008, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by livanae
Ok. I see there is a lot on your mind, reminds me of many a times going through this phase myself. In the end, when circumstances get better, your view about life will get better too.

Think of it this way - suppose that life was after all treating you wonderfully - would you question your existence to the extent that you have in this thread? Yet it's easy for us, as per human nature, to despair when things are not going so well. Therefore, should we only exist for good times, and turn our backs to life during the hard times?

Secondly, it's true that there are people in far worse positions that you and I, but I advice you in particular, not to over-think about them. You can't soothe your afflictions or distress by knowing others are going through crap as well. You only have to think of others when you it serves as a lesson, and brings forth solutions for both you and potentially them as well. Hence, what you expect them to do in order to come out of their misery, you have to be able to expect yourself to do the same. You'll notice that you've plenty of opportunities to be happy in life than some people out there.

What I'm really suggesting is that you need to first and foremost change your attitude toward the matter. I admit it's hard to be optimistic; in giving it a shot, I also admit there are fears and doubts. I also admit that nothing ever changes over-night. Ask yourself, when you try to be optimistic - are you truly optimistic, or for the sake of it? Ask yourself, when you want to end all of this misery, do you realize it's a gradual process and not something which takes effect quickly?

You have to undergo self-reflection, I think that's a requisite from the phase you're going through. That means you really have to think about yourself for a while, before anyone else. You're in no position to think about others if you're breaking down - so don't worry too much of people's perceptions or their disappointment toward you just in case you need to express your sadness or thoughts. But what I suggest is whenever you seek to talk to anyone, be prepared to point out solutions to your problem, and not merely finding a moment of comfort. You're really in a fight against yourself, that's the only way you can toughen up.

Make your journey a personal matter, start thinking about what's best for your health, your mind, and every other basic necessity. Revive self-confidence. The world is not in favour of, or against you. People can be very self-involved at times and surroundings can appear depressing, but there's a reality larger than what you can imagine - and it's waiting for you. But you'll never see good times if you don't allow yourself to. The reward for good can be nothing but good. Hence, every good is earned.

Finally, try to enjoy life with the simple things. Discover yourself and your hobbies. This phase will also pass by. We all tread on it. To make it a valuable experience, take it as an
opportunity to search yourself and strengthen your belief.

Wake up one morning and try. If it fails, the next day try again. And keep trying until you get it right. Anyway, it would help if you can provide for me the details of your situation - feel free to PM me in case you need a chat.

On a final note, please seek advice through a counselor or professional.

Thanks a lot for your advice and to everyone who has posted jazakallah kair

Zahida
11-22-2008, 07:27 PM
:sl: Simple change the way you are .........people do and can change ........ It's all within yourself continue with your salaat zikr and find out as much as you can about Islam............:w:
I could understand that and i know Allah has created us but we bring so much upon our self and than expect allah to go make everything alright How can i expect allah to forgive me and give me more when i cant even forgive myself. When watever i do either way end up hurting people no matter whatever i do no is ever happy so how can allah be happy with me when i cant even make people in this world happy.

Argamemnon
11-22-2008, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saimah Ali
Allah always help the believers. Always. Never ose hope. Never.
Allah doesn't necessarily help you in this life though. It is very possible that you suffer tremendously your whole life, but in that case Allah will reward you in the Hereafter.

AnonymousPoster
11-22-2008, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
Allah doesn't necessarily help you in this life though. It is very possible that you suffer tremendously your whole life, but in that case Allah will reward you in the Hereafter.
:cry: I was told by somebody in order for Allah to help us we have to help ur selfs. Doesnt that mean with time things will get better

Argamemnon
11-22-2008, 11:59 PM
:cry: I was told by somebody in order for Allah to help us we have to help ur selfs. Doesnt that mean with time things will get better
I don't know, for me things have become worse over the years. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough. I've been depressed since 2001. I'm 32 and sick and tired of it.

AnonymousPoster
11-23-2008, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
I don't know, for me things have become worse over the years. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough. I've been depressed since 2001. I'm 32 and sick and tired of it.
What sort of things depress you I heard a lecture on it which says that we cant chage the circumstances or the events that befold front of us but we have the ability to change our selfs and our outlook on things. Even when things get really hectic and one circumstances fall after some times we can actually turn the worst situation into something that can benefit us.

The time when you feeling down use the time to communicate to Allah swt see it us an opportunity look at it in a positive way. Let me share my eg with you i went through really hard time at one point i was too relly depressed but at the end i realised when Allah beholded me from attaining what i wanted he actually gave in those time of despair i had the ability focus on my self and utilised my time into learning more and doing what is good. If i never went through the experience i probably would never have oened my eyes to whareally matters which is building relationship with Allah. If i never went through the hardship i probably wouldnt have strived as much or developed my self for better.

I dont know if this is any help to you at all an sometimes its reaaly hard to see the positive into things when were feeling depressed but try not to think about the things that depress you try to focus on oter aspects of life like other achievements which can boost positive energy the way i get through is i throw my self towards my ambition concentrating on my job and attaining new achievenments has kinda helped me. But oviously everybody is different find somethign your really good at and try persuing the further.

Im not aware of your situation so i dont know if i been any help at all.

DCseeker71
11-23-2008, 02:16 PM
I do a very simple exercise when I think that life is very hard, or too hard, or that the outlook looks bleak:

Remember: The prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) had it MUCH harder than any of this. Contemplate what he had to go through; public ridicule, betrayal, threats on his life, exile, death of loved ones, warfare, constantly uprooting his home, death of his wife, etc.

I am not being smug or dismissing your problems. It helps sometimes to think about the "someone always has it worse" scenario sometimes when you are depressed. The prophet (peace and blessing upon him) probably had it rougher than any man before or since.

May Allah (most compassionate, most merciful) lead you to peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!