/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Adam and eve

Faisal Pervaiz
11-20-2008, 06:09 PM
What was the hair, skin, eye colour of Adam and Eve..

fore.g. if they were both white then why are there black skinned people, and if the had black hair why is the people with ginger, blonde hari etc...
Salaams

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Adam, was supposedly created from all parts of the earth..
Hope someone can find the hadith Where Allah decreed upon the angels to take from the earth, and many failed to do so except for the angel of death!

to me that denotes he had all the genetic material ..
and ability to adapt to new environment..

and Allah swt knows best!

:w:

Danah
11-20-2008, 06:29 PM
I am interested in the answer as well, hope someone can provide the hadith that the sister above talk about

جوري
11-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Here is one I could find.. but I know there is another.. longer one

Hadith - Abu Dawood. Imam Ahmad has narrated from Abu Musa that the Prophet said:

"Allah has created Adam from a handful (soil) which He had gathered from all over the earth. That is how the children of Adam came according to the (colour and nature of the) earth. There are white among them, as well as red and black, and cross colours. There are those among them who are of bad nature and good nature, soft as well as harsh and in between".

Sheikh Al-Albani (rahimahullah) declares the hadeeth authentic in Saheeh Al-Jaami' As-Sagheer wa-Ziyadatuhu (No. 1759) as well as in Silsalatul-Ahaadeeth-as-Saheehah (No. 1630).

about how each angel was sent, but the Earth refused to give of itself, only the angel of death was able to retrieve its soil-- which also explains if you were made of the good earth you'd be good or the bad earth etc...

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
11-20-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm not too sure where I read this, but I've heard that the different races come from the different sons of Noah. Not sure if that's true or where it's from though, just a random thought.

I've heard the hadiths that skye posted as well, about the different soil producing different colors.

Faisal Pervaiz
11-20-2008, 06:41 PM
thhhnakk u

Sallams

crayon
11-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Hmm, I found what I was talking about on a christian website, but I'm pretty sure I've heard it before from islamic sources. I think.

"Shem was Noah's oldest son. Abraham's lineage came through Shem, and he is the father of all the Semitic races. (Actually the word "Semite" comes from the word Shem.) He is the ancestor of the Jews and Arabs, the Babylonians, Phoenicians, Assyrians and other peoples from the region of the eastern Mediterranean, as well as the yellow races of the far east.

Ham was the second of Noah's sons. His sons were Cush, Egypt, Put and Canaan, and his descendants include the Ethiopians, Egyptians, Libyans, and the black African nations.

Japheth was Noah's youngest son. He was the father of seven sons, and the Greeks, the peoples of Europe - and all the lands they settled, such as America - are his descendants."

source

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.