Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
11-20-2008, 06:36 PM
well I hear it alot from muslims :hmm:

Güven
11-20-2008, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude™
Why the quotes, as if to imply they're not real muslims? :hmm:

lol no i didnt mean that, i wanted to make it clear that muslims are saying that this is bad, so why :?

Afraa
11-20-2008, 06:42 PM
I think it's a general thing. Crossing of the arms could come of as a negative body gesture.

maybe i think....lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
11-20-2008, 06:43 PM
I've never heard that crossing your arms is a bad thing, perhaps it's just something cultural?

(that picture is so amusing. where is that dude from again, he looks so familar??)

wildkat
11-20-2008, 06:47 PM
well, people say that folding your arms like that when talking to someone creates a barrier between you and the other person- like being too defensive or whatever. And everyone says that not just muslims lol

Güven
11-20-2008, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I've never heard that crossing your arms is a bad thing, perhaps it's just something cultural?

(that picture is so amusing. where is that dude from again, he looks so familar??)
Yeah I also think its something Cultural tho but I dunno
and its MR. CLEAN :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude™
lol, I see.

Btw, shouldn't it be "They", instead of "The", in your sig?:blind:
lol you you noticed tooo :-[

Güven
11-20-2008, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wildkat
well, people say that folding your arms like that when talking to someone creates a barrier between you and the other person- like being too defensive or whatever. And everyone says that not just muslims lol

but its not about only to talking to someone , they say its bad in general...So its just bad in everything maybe they think it has something to do with shaytan :confused:

Danah
11-20-2008, 06:52 PM
I think it might be something cultural, like dont cross your hand when you are talking to the elders.....or something like that
I dont know, there are many cultures in the world

crayon
11-20-2008, 06:55 PM
When I was a kid they used to tell me never to cross my eyes or else the shaytan would "slap me" and they would stay that way forever.

Yeah, needless to say, I never listened.:rollseyes

wildkat
11-20-2008, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
but its not about only to talking to someone , they say its bad in general...So its just bad in everything maybe they think it has something to do with shaytan :confused:
But what if you're feeling cold?!

Ansariyah
11-20-2008, 08:43 PM
If ALlah & Rasululah (saw) didn't make it Haram, it's Halal.

simple.

Nowadays lots of people come up wit odd things to say. Just to Haramafy everything.

Wat's next? Don't stand on one leg. lol

Güven
11-20-2008, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
If ALlah & Rasululah (saw) didn't make it Haram, it's Halal.

simple.

Nowadays lots of people come up wit odd things to say. Just to Haramafy everything.

Wat's next? Don't stand on one leg. lol

well saying crossing arms is haram, is waaaay stranger then standing on one leg lol why would you stand in one leg anyway :D

and btw I asked my mom about it and she told me "Because they say sooo"
i was like LOL so you gotta believe what everyone says :hmm:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-20-2008, 08:57 PM
^ LOL it could be a culture thing?

like they might think a lack of adhaab to cross your arms coz it might say symbolise something to them, for example sticking your thumbs up for englishman means "WAY TO GO", sticking your thumbs up for bengali's means some sort of insult lol, its true!

but according to islam i dont htink its disliked, infact... i do it almost everytime im standing around doing nothing in a public place :-[

Olive
11-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Never heard of such a thing before...

Maybe it's a sign of arrogance? Dunno... :X

Güven
11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
yeah I also think it has to do with culture lol im doing it tooo everyday thats why it botters me that they say its haram :D

Olive
11-20-2008, 09:02 PM
:sl:

One of those things that were taken far too seriously and ended up being called Haram, I guess. Lack of knowledge, probably.

:w:

Saimah Ali
11-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Is there any daleel saying crossing arms is bad? It might be a silly thing asians have made up?

~Taalibah~
11-21-2008, 08:56 PM
:sl:
I know that its said that resting your hands on your hips is not right because shaytaan stands like that. Never heard about crossing your arms, tho.^o)

right path
11-21-2008, 09:14 PM
I think its just one of things that just percieved by many people as not being polite or rather over confidence and pride for eg when we go to an interview thats my opinion on it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!