/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please help in understanding :cry:

AnonymousPoster
11-21-2008, 10:34 AM
I was listning to quran recitation yesterday with English translation while I was listening through chapter 3 Al-Imran one of the verse states that who ever disobeys Allah or is not a believer will be set astray and they will taste the punishment of humiliation in this world and hereafter ( their not exact words but something along the line).

Im a born muslim due to living in the western society even though that’s no excuse I haven’t always been practising its only this year after going through a lot of tribulation that I have become close to Allah. But when I was reading that verses yesterday it really scared me. I have been through a lot this year if I told you you wouldn’t believe its been one heck of year you name it and I been through it depression anxiety all sorts. Its like I cant believe things had to get to such a extreme for me to learn I really did had to learn the hard way.

My question is how can you tell if your going astray or if you were gone astray or if your not being guided. Is Allah just not going to guide me because of the way I was before disobedient am I also going to be humiliated and punished this life and after.

Please please any advice please don’t just quote just to make me feel better just tell me the truth. Its really playing in my head and making feel really really low any advice on what the quote actually mean imsad

Thnakyou

Jazakallah kair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2008, 11:07 AM
what i do know is that with every sin a black dot is placed on your heart, if you persist without ever repenting the black dots can turn your heart into pitch black coal. Does this mean you turn into an evil devil? nope, it means whenever you hear Quran/Guidance or anything leading to islaam you will NOT understand it or be touched by it. However everytime you do a good deed, a white mark is imprinted, until your heart turns pure, and then no calamity can distress you but you will always keep your faith.

What im getting at is, the fact that you feel what your feeling right now SHOWS you are being affected by the Quran, therefore bro i think you should just keep asking Allah for his guidance. Allah is the one who guides us and all we can do is seek refuge in him from misguidance.

Always keep hope, and always fear Allaah, inshAllah with those two you will succeed.

Assalamu Alaikum

AnonymousPoster
11-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Throughout the events that has happened alhamdulillah I think I have come out of my depression Thanks to Allah even though I see the difference in my self as my patience and my imaan has increased. But i still cant seem to see the situations and circumstances around me changing its been almost year now and sometimes I just cant take it anymore when I wake up in the morning most days I wish I wasn’t here I don’t even care if I die or stay alive. I know I shouldn’t think like that but I just feel like a dead person just living for the sake of living without a choice. Every day when I prey I ask Allah to guide me to making the right decisions to improve my life and my situation but I just can’t seem to come to any conclusions.

Even though im trying to practise properly now I still know that there are lot more things I need to do to please Allah I know im not doing exactly everything I should be doing. Some days I feel guided some days I just feel lost. I guess my thoughts my thinking are not always pleasant as in im always negative about things eventough I try to be positive but its really hard. but I don’t carry out those thoughts into actions. I see everyone else round me happy and getting on with things but im just stuck in the same position for so long now and I don’t know how to improve the situation.

Am I just being left astray?

- Qatada -
11-24-2008, 07:07 PM
:wasalamex

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I was listning to quran recitation yesterday with English translation while I was listening through chapter 3 Al-Imran one of the verse states that who ever disobeys Allah or is not a believer will be set astray and they will taste the punishment of humiliation in this world and hereafter ( their not exact words but something along the line).

If you disobey Allah, you are sinful but not a disbeliever [unless the person commits shirk - but even then they can be forgiven if they repent to Allah and die in the state of Islam].

Im a born muslim due to living in the western society even though that’s no excuse I haven’t always been practising its only this year after going through a lot of tribulation that I have become close to Allah. But when I was reading that verses yesterday it really scared me. I have been through a lot this year if I told you you wouldn’t believe its been one heck of year you name it and I been through it depression anxiety all sorts. Its like I cant believe things had to get to such a extreme for me to learn I really did had to learn the hard way.
may Allah make your life easy for you, in this world and the next. ameen.

My question is how can you tell if your going astray or if you were gone astray or if your not being guided. Is Allah just not going to guide me because of the way I was before disobedient am I also going to be humiliated and punished this life and after.
You will know whether you are straying if you are sinning more, so always have a love for Allah which is strong so you remain wanting to be near Him. Have hope for His Mercy and fear for His punishment in a balanced way. So if you lean towards sin, have fear, but if you sin - then hope for His Mercy, and ask Him for forgiveness and He is the Most Merciful.

Jazakallah kair
Here's a relevant link;
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...dying-out.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
11-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Mashaallah that was so beautifull i cant even coprehend how beautiful that was it really is inspiring and very strong post thsnk you very much for making me feel better and for giving the strength to be bit more strong than i am right now.

Thank you very much for posting really really needed to hear some positive quotes a great great great reminder.

May Allah grant you a good life in this world and in the hereafter. Ameen

Jazakallah kair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.