/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson 'converts to Islam and changes name to Mikaeel'

Mikayeel
11-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Michael Jackson has reportedly become a Muslim and changed his name to Mikaeel.

By Graham Tibbetts
Last Updated: 10:33AM GMT 21 Nov 2008

Michael Jackson wore an abaya, a traditional Arab women's veil, in Bahrain

The singer, who was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, converted to Islam in a ceremony at a friend's house in Los Angeles.
He is said to have sat on the floor and worn a small hat while an imam officiated.
According to The Sun, the ceremony took place while Jackson, 50, was recording an album at the home of Steve Porcaro, a keyboard player who composed music on his Thriller album.
The former Jackson 5 star was counselled by David Wharnsby, a Canadian songwriter, and Phillip Bubal, a producer, who have both converted.
A source said Jackson had appeared a "bit down" and added: "They began talking to him about their beliefs, and how they thought they had become better people after they converted. Michael soon began warming to the idea.
"An imam was summoned from the mosque and Michael went through the shahada, which is the Muslim declaration of belief."
Last year his brother, Jermaine Friday, suggested Jackson would convert having taken an interest in Islam since Friday's conversion in 1989.
"When I came back from Mecca I got him a lot of books and he asked me lots of things about my religion and I told him that it's peaceful and beautiful," said Friday.
"He read everything and he was proud of me that I found something that would give me inner strength and peace.
"I think it is most probable that Michael will convert to Islam.
"He could do so much, just like I am trying to do. Michael and I and the word of God, we could do so much."

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
11-21-2008, 11:13 AM
:sl:
I do hope this is true now (for his benefit!) as there has been rumours of his conversion for sometime.

If it is, Mashallah, fantastic. May he and others be guided to Islam.

Güven
11-21-2008, 11:42 AM
:salamext:
I hope this is true :ooh:
and why is he wearing an "Abaya" btw

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2008, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
:salamext:
I hope this is true :ooh:
and why is he wearing an "Abaya" btw
well he "just" became muslim

the gender problems will get sorted out soon inshaAllaah lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
m102313
11-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Exactly, that's what i was thinking, isn't it forbidden for men to copy the women's dress code and vice versa ?

m102313
11-21-2008, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
well he "just" became muslim

the gender problems will get sorted out soon inshaAllaah lol
sex change is also forbidden.

youngsister
11-21-2008, 12:03 PM
:sl: He has skin problems and cant be in the sun for too long maybe thats why he covered his face:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2008, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
sex change is also forbidden.
i meant him wearing abaya... :|

north_malaysian
11-21-2008, 12:08 PM
I think this is like the 3rd or 4th times I've heard rumours about MJ converting Islam... I hope that the latest one is true... "Mabrouk ya Mikaeel"...

in regards to the niqab he's wearing... I think it is to protect his sensitive "white skin" and also to run away from paparazzis... that's why he put one on his kid too..

maybe after converting, he could use the keffiyeh to cover his face...

AvarAllahNoor
11-21-2008, 12:59 PM
What, again? he's had more conversions to Islam than plastic surgeries.

crayon
11-21-2008, 01:35 PM
"Islam" islam or "nation of islam" islam?

suffiyan007
11-21-2008, 02:01 PM
hello....friends....mmm.. my comments is....a lots people recognize MJ...so MJ needs something to cover up the face and his skin is sensitive to sunlight....so
he need to cover with ABAYA...!:)

suffiyan007
11-21-2008, 02:03 PM
hello...MJ has a child..since 1997... so he is not Gay...or sexual change or transvertite..::D

glo
11-21-2008, 02:13 PM
If you google it, you will find that this story (and picture) is more than 2 years old ...

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/3436

Gator
11-21-2008, 02:35 PM
The Britney Spears conversion rumor was much better.

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2008/01/13/44165.html

nocturnal
11-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Who are they going to have converting next? Ehud Olmert?

Fishman
11-21-2008, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturnal
Or prehaps the Pope?

Since this Michael Jackson story is in the Telegraph though it might not just be a rumour.
:w:

Amadeus85
11-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Micheal Jackson is rather typical person who changes his faith, emotionally unsteady, with serious problems with his identity caused by problems in childhood and bad father.

MO783
11-21-2008, 04:44 PM

I think this is just false

S_87
11-21-2008, 06:08 PM
that pic is disturbing :hiding:

aadil77
11-21-2008, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturnal
no-ones reverting anyone, they'll do it themselves if they will

Gator
11-21-2008, 07:14 PM
I think he meant who are the Tabloids going to say is converting (basically spreading rumors).

جوري
11-21-2008, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Micheal Jackson is rather typical person who changes his faith, emotionally unsteady, with serious problems with his identity caused by problems in childhood and bad father.
Do you think people who change their faith are 'typically' emotionally unsteady, with serious problems?

by the way.. Micheal Jackson doesn't have 'skin problems' he has BDD, look it up... lots of people who are atheists or agnostic or catholic have emotional and psychological problems... in fact 10-15% of any given population has some sort of psychological problem.. true in Saskatchewan as it is in Haiti as in Poland or urban US or the middle east...

MJ is exactly the sort of person whom we don't want as a Muslim, any more than Briteny Spears or other dysfunctional characters... Being a Muslim takes dedication.. it isn't a mere label..
I think he'd be better off dancing and singing and admiring stain glass 'apostles' with his fellow church goers, than praying, fasting, pilgrimaging and giving Alms, and living a life of moderation!

all the best

Al-Zaara
11-21-2008, 07:44 PM
^ I doubt it is for you, or should I say us all, to judge what would fit MJ and what not or anyone else. And especially not to think whom we want as a Muslim and whom not... Doesn't it make Allah pleased to see the faith in a human? Actions of this believer is another thing aside, we are all guilty of many different kinds of things, but isn't it better to hope someone is guided... I wouldn't want anyone telling me I don't fit them and their accepting and tolerant faith just 'cause I have mental problems, for example.

Though, I don't care what MJ believes. I love his voice, if he indeed did become Muslim inshaAllah, then I wanna hear him recite the Qur'an. That would be interesting.

جوري
11-21-2008, 07:50 PM
I am not judging him at all, I couldn't care less what he does on his private time-- when his actions affect the entire group and make it to a Daniel Pipes site in the name of my religion, then yes, I'll have to be concerned!..
I don't think being a pederast among other things is compatible with being Muslim.. anymore than I think him a fit parent to his children.. I wouldn't confiscate them from him, there are authorties to do so.. it is merely my opinion from observation of his behavior!

SixTen
11-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Wonder if it has much to do with that Khalifa guy wishing to sue him.

Al-Zaara
11-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Ah don't be dramatic. And him being a pedarast is also disputed. His actions are seen like any other superstar, few take it seriously.

جوري
11-21-2008, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Ah don't be dramatic.
I beg your pardon?

And him being a pedarast is also disputed. His actions are seen like any other superstar, few take it seriously.
Grown men don't take little boys to their bed, whether they are CEO's, your local grocer or a 'superstar'

Al-Zaara
11-21-2008, 08:05 PM
I meant it to answer this, his actions "as a Muslim", not as a mature man, but "as a Muslim", 'cause I ain't discussing his morals here:
I am not judging him at all, I couldn't care less what he does on his private time-- when his actions affect the entire group and make it to a Daniel Pipes site in the name of my religion, then yes, I'll have to be concerned!..
It doesn't affect us, as Muslims or Islam, not this one person whom everyone anyways have seen many sides of. That's why I found the statement dramatic.

Amadeus85
11-21-2008, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
Do you think people who change their faith are 'typically' emotionally unsteady, with serious problems?
Be it christian,muslim,jew, sikh or a hindu, in my opinion, someone who has good relationship with his own community/family he will stay in his faith and pass it through to his children, so that the faith of the forefathers will be continued. But a balance of mind and character is needed. Someone who rejects his tradition probably had some personal bad experiences with either family or community in his place. But these are just my thoughts and I may be simply mistaken.

Danah
11-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Oh those people are really care free.....this is the tenth times after hundred I hear such rumors. I wonder who next will be their story hero.
I dont care who is embracing islam as much as there is someone new embrace Islam and practicing it well as a real muslim.
but if this one was true, then there will be nothing I can say but as Allah said in Quran:

It is true thou will not be able to guide every one whom thou lovest; but ALLAH guides those whom He will. And He knows best those who receive guidance.

[56: al qasas]

there are many people might be worse than him become a good muslim, so lets not judge or look at people by their previous life.....

Olive
11-21-2008, 08:42 PM
I hope that this is true for his own benefit. :)

Wallahu A'lam...

Hamayun
11-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Its all propaganda. It isn't true.

~Taalibah~
11-21-2008, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
that pic is disturbing :hiding:
Thats for sure.

Danah
11-21-2008, 09:00 PM
I just want to know, WHY the child in the pic covering her/his face?

Ansariyah
11-21-2008, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
I just want to know, WHY the child in the pic covering her/his face?
This is just my opinion:

He's a famous man, so is his poor child. I think he's doing that to protect them so no one recognizes them.

My 2 cents on this thread:

If this is true, Alhamdulilah. Tawheed is a universal message for all mankind. Imagine Micheal Jackson going to Haj, praying among Millions of Muslims but no one wants his signature! Everyone will kneel down to Allah & so will he. He will find the peace he's missing.

Muezzin
11-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Plus, he can moonwalk.

جوري
11-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Be it christian,muslim,jew, sikh or a hindu, in my opinion, someone who has good relationship with his own community/family he will stay in his faith and pass it through to his children, so that the faith of the forefathers will be continued. But a balance of mind and character is needed. Someone who rejects his tradition probably had some personal bad experiences with either family or community in his place. But these are just my thoughts and I may be simply mistaken.
Religion has nothing to do with 'good relations with your community', rather your relationship with God.. If you grow up with a nonsensical religion and you search, find your peace in a new faith, I think it shows maturity and growth in character not the opposite.. Religion isn't a birth right, it is about your personal covenant with God.. which we all have to take when we become of age and invariably renew...

all the best!

Olive
11-21-2008, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
Its all propaganda. It isn't true.
You never know... :p

north_malaysian
11-21-2008, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SixTen
Wonder if it has much to do with that Khalifa guy wishing to sue him.
I was wondering the same..

aamirsaab
11-22-2008, 12:03 PM
To prevent any form of backbiting, I think it's best we close this thread now.

Standard procedure when it comes to celebs converting to Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.