/* */

PDA

View Full Version : chairty fundraiser - your ideas please

noahs_arc
11-21-2008, 11:11 AM
:sl:

i'm at university and have been asked to join the charity team to raise £60,000 to send medical supplies to poor countries.

allhumdulillah in the last 2 weeks we have raised around £6,000 from charity auction, a bazaar on campus, Islamic talks, food etc.

we are looking for some new and creative ideas that could help us raise more money.

please post your ideas thank you :w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ajnabee
11-21-2008, 10:10 PM

masha'allah @ the amount u've raised so far! :)

hows about a wii/ps3 tournament - pay to play - winner stays on - prize for the overall winner!

charity auction - u could get the local muslim businesses involved?

islamic quiz night?

table soccer comp?

mango lassi/milkshake stall.. mmmm :statisfie

kwolney01
11-21-2008, 10:35 PM
ajnabee has some really good ideas!!

Congrats on the amount raised so far...InshAllah you will get to your desired amount!! :D

Maybe you could setup a lecture type thing that people can come to and pay a small amount for maybe 5 dollars or whatever they can!!

A cook off would be really cool too!! Have everyone bring something and have people pay just a couple of dollars or whatever they can to come and taste and judge who has the best food!!

I hope this helps sister and I wish you the best!! :D

Jazak Allah Khair!

Zahida
11-21-2008, 10:56 PM
:sl: I would do an Islamic Arts exhibition. I would love to participate if you do...........please let me knoe and i will try my best to join you..........

As eid is approaching, maybe some of the sisters could get together and do a mehndi stall..........

Sounds like fun........ which uni???:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BintAmjad
11-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Assalaamualaykum

We just had charity week recently at our uni mashallah our uni raised loads we had a sisters evening where there was an entry fee and then there were a number of activities that took place and there was a charge per activity. There was chocolate fountain which proved to be popular

You could also have loads of crazy challenges and get people that maybe usually wouldn't to do strange and unusual things and get others to sponsor them, obviously things that aren't wrong islamically....

hope that helps...

Wasalaamualaykum

Zahida
11-21-2008, 11:05 PM
:sl: Sounds brilliant there is so much that can be done......... The sisters evening sounds really good,.......... and chocolate well who could resist........ :w:
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAmjad
Assalaamualaykum

We just had charity week recently at our uni mashallah our uni raised loads we had a sisters evening where there was an entry fee and then there were a number of activities that took place and there was a charge per activity. There was chocolate fountain which proved to be popular

You could also have loads of crazy challenges and get people that maybe usually wouldn't to do strange and unusual things and get others to sponsor them, obviously things that aren't wrong islamically....

hope that helps...

Wasalaamualaykum

ziyad786
11-22-2008, 07:33 PM
A freindly boxing match and charge viewers 10 pounds or more per ticket?
think you would be able to raise alot that way.

noahs_arc
11-25-2008, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ajnabee

mango lassi/milkshake stall.. mmmm :statisfie
i loved this idea!! but when i mentioned it to my fellow commitee members it was down trodened (sp?) becasue 1)its cold and 2) we're outside so its even colder - maybe in the summer inshallah

format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: I would do an Islamic Arts exhibition. I would love to participate if you do...........please let me knoe and i will try my best to join you..........

As eid is approaching, maybe some of the sisters could get together and do a mehndi stall..........

Sounds like fun........ which uni???:w:
we've tried henna stalls and no one seems to want to pay £4 to get professional / glitter and diamond henna done....:skeleton:

format_quote Originally Posted by ziyad786
A freindly boxing match and charge viewers 10 pounds or more per ticket?
think you would be able to raise alot that way.

i'm from the sisters side, a boxing match woudln't go down to well,,,,although the brothers did have a man of steel arm wrestling competition...wonder how that went...

we also made and gave out charity boxes for people to take home, fill up and bring back..this turned into bit of a competition with sisters raising up to £300 each marshallah

any more weird and wonderful ideas? come on people help

jazahkallah

ajnabee
11-25-2008, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noahs_arc
i loved this idea!! but when i mentioned it to my fellow commitee members it was down trodened (sp?) becasue 1)its cold and 2) we're outside so its even colder - maybe in the summer inshallah

we've tried henna stalls and no one seems to want to pay £4 to get professional / glitter and diamond henna done....:skeleton:

i'm from the sisters side, a boxing match woudln't go down to well,,,,although the brothers did have a man of steel arm wrestling competition...wonder how that went...

we also made and gave out charity boxes for people to take home, fill up and bring back..this turned into bit of a competition with sisters raising up to £300 each marshallah

any more weird and wonderful ideas? come on people help

jazahkallah

i have plenty of wierd ideas but i dunno if u would do it. and i not good at thinking up ideas for sisters... :-[

oh what about indian head massage? soooo divine.

ps. i make the best mango milkshake.

food stalls ALWAYS go down a storm coz at the end of the day, no one really needs bric and brac, but everyone will always need fooooooooooood! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.