/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mature student

anonymous
11-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Hello everybody.

I had some problems ever since I left college, in which case I wasn't able to study properly at Uni, and left. I want to return next year, which means I'll be 22 by then. But I feel miserable at times knowing I'll be 25 when I graduate. And I tend to feel old easily, I wont be as young as I am now by age of 25, and if I do graduate until then - i worry about stuff like meeting the right man, wanting to get married, engaging in my hobbies, having a good job etc. Is 25 still young? Can I still enjoy all of this?

Thank you everyone imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amna_mirza
11-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Firstly, university is full of people your age. You would not be the only one. There would be lots of other 22 years old.

Secondly, 22 isn't even that old that people would be able to say, oh look at her she is the old one...that would not happen. You would fit right in.

Thirdly, university is not just studying. You can do all the other stuff you mentioned above as well. You just have to manage your time well.

noorahmad
11-21-2008, 03:44 PM
25 old, nah dont think so!! lot of ppl still going to uni at dat age

MT2
11-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Sis, don't worry about starting uni at 22. As the previous posters said, you'll find a lot of people your age and older in uni. Besides, what is age? A lot people hurry to finish a degree just to find out they don't like. Take your time and as long as you do what you like, it's all good Insha'Allah (besides, think of how fortunate you are masha'Allah- some people would jump of joy if they were able to finish in 3 years). Regarding finding the right man, a good job, and all, put your trust in Allah swt and insha'Allah nothing but the best will befall you

and between, 25 is not old...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Banu_Hashim
11-21-2008, 04:48 PM
25- old?? There are much older people at university. I don't know if anyone watched 'Doctors to be: 20 years on' on BBC 3... anyways... there was a lady who got into st. mary's medical school (now part of imperial college), on her fourth attempt... at the age of 29... with four kids!

How she managed to revise for exams is beyond me.. She's a consultant in A&E now.

Zahida
11-21-2008, 06:56 PM
:sl: Honey you are still a baby!!! There is no reason why you can't do all that you want to as long as Allah wills it............... InshaAllah. Education is important. Go get it!!!:w::bump1:

Argamemnon
11-21-2008, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:bump1:
I truly hate that smiley. If I knew the inventor..

kwolney01
11-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Of course 25 is still young!! :D

I see people who are grandparents at my college and they are still as motivated as the rest of us. Think about the people who wait a couple years to go on to college. 25 is probably the average age of a college student. I wouldn't worry to much about being the "youngest" sometimes being young isn't the best, as we grow up we mature and become better learners!! :D

I wish you the best!!

Jazak Allah Khair

Zahida
11-21-2008, 07:09 PM
:sl: I sincerely apologise............. Maybe i should stop using it???:w::-[
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
I truly hate that smiley.

Argamemnon
11-21-2008, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: I sincerely apologise............. Maybe i should stop using it???:w::-[
:sl:

LOL, that wouldn't change anything, you are not the only one who uses it :)

:w:

Güven
11-21-2008, 07:37 PM
:salamext:

lol im one of the youngest in my class second year and im 18!!
there are a couple of 20+ in my class and one of them even have kids lol

so 22 is not old! and yes you still can enjoy that InshaAllah :-[

be sensible
11-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi sister you are never too old to learn and my gosh YOUR only 22 dont let your age get in the way of your ambitions. when i was studying there was lots of mature students who were in their 30s and fortys at uni you will find lots of different age groups. Im more or less similiar age to you and i have return to studying as well (well part time) this year. So there you go your not alone. What are you planning to study anyway all the best inshallah...

Zahida
11-21-2008, 09:12 PM
:sl: True ......... but now i know that it is disliked i will stop using it........... Do you have one that you prefere???:w:

LOL, that wouldn't change anything, you are not the only one who uses it :)

:w:

Argamemnon
11-22-2008, 12:42 AM
^^ are you serious? it's not that bad.. :-[

Lauren274
11-22-2008, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
But I feel miserable at times knowing I'll be 25 when I graduate.
I'm still working on my degree, and I may end up being 25 by the time I graduate. 22 still isn't that old for college. :)

Muslim Knight
11-22-2008, 01:12 AM
I graduated when I was 26 (just last August) and it was no problem for me. Getting a job was easier because my employers wanted someone mature and easily communicable, compared to my juniors who still struggle to learn things about the working world.

Malaikah
11-22-2008, 02:25 AM
InshaAllah I will be 24 when I finish my studies (postgrad) so you aren't the only one!

Zahida
11-22-2008, 01:50 PM
:sl: Hmmm yes i am serious............ As long as it doesn't make you frown and puts a smile on your face.......... Lo!!!:w::D
^^ are you serious? it's not that bad.. :-[

Far7an
11-22-2008, 02:11 PM
In our course we had a brother who was 50 years old! So no, you won't be too old.

afzalaung
11-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm having the same issue.
Due to some...stuffs...i'm just starting uni at 22...nowadays i find myself lying about my age so i dont feel so old...i know most of my classmates are gonna be at most 4yrs my junior...
i was just seeing my highschool friends' graduation pictures..they can be sooo depressing...*sigh*

youngsister
11-23-2008, 03:57 PM

I have 30+ women and men in my class like seriously your wont be old.

I am 20 and by the time i finish my post grad i be like 24/25 dont worry sis/bro!
Your still young!:w:

anonymous
11-23-2008, 06:23 PM
AssalamuAlaykum,

You've been told this before - but dont worry about age. I'm 19 and the youngest one in my lectures, the others are late 20's and boy I'd kill to be in their shoes coz they seem so much more wise and mature than lil old me. Seriously, dont worry about it too much :thumbs_up

WassalamuAlaykum

transition?
11-23-2008, 06:29 PM
My bus driver is 77, and he went back to school/college/universities to learn more about computers and took several other courses. 25? pshh. you're not old at all!

islamirama
11-24-2008, 12:24 AM
There is no limit on age when it comes to education. Islam encourages and made seeking knowledge obligatory. For a Muslim, learning is a life long process. We ought to be students for life, not get a degree and grow dull and stagnant afterward. You're age is not an issue when it comes to education. Marriage wise, however, it would be best to start looking now. It takes time to find a suitable mate and one can also still pursue studies while being engaged or married.

Woodrow
11-24-2008, 01:12 AM
25 years old is still a baby. Just the price of the clothing has gotten to be more expensive.

In my undergrad years we had many students in their 60s and 70s. This ability to attain a degree before the age of 35 is a luxury that people have only been able to accomplish in the past 2 or 3 generations.

It may be possible to earn a degree at too young of an age, but there is much to be said in favor of earning it at an older age.Today too many are getting a degree long before they are mature enough to value it and do it justice.

Muslim Knight
11-24-2008, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It may be possible to earn a degree at too young of an age, but there is much to be said in favor of earning it at an older age.Today too many are getting a degree long before they are mature enough to value it and do it justice.
Especially an old cowboy who is currently residing in Minnesota, the land of MacGyver!

Hehe j/k

But the Uncle has a point. The thing is, no matter what age you graduate, as long as you graduate it is good. Just finish up and get ready for the next phase of you life.

romail786
11-24-2008, 09:54 AM
A mail that i've recieved....

Whats the point making Allah angry & shaitan happy?

Every day we are out & about in this world doing what we
have to do, but did any of us think about Allah? Read fajr or yaseen in
the morning? Have we ever wondered what we are doing wrong? No we havent,
why? Because its ok, no big deal we can make up for it some time? No my
dear respected brothers and sisters; we have to dosomething about ourselves.
Lets look at the girls of today, not all, but many of them, they go out to
school college work or wherever: no scarf on the head, clothes so tight you
can see their whole body, dressed half naked. Now lets look at the reason.
Well its for attention, they want to be attractive, want all the guys to
look at them and think that
theyre very pretty and they think theyll get very far in
life like that and as I said, theyre just getting Allah angry
and shaitan happy. Ask a
sister to wear a scarf she'll say no Im
still to young Ill wear one when Im older or when I get married,
well whats the point of wearing it then and not now? Who
knows if youll even live till tomorrow?

Now lets look at the boys, well theres to much to say Im
one my self and I know what goes on: dressed up like the kuffar, trousers
hanging below the ankles when really theyre just asking for
their ankles to be burnt in hell. Hair spiked up, beards shaved off,
flashing their jewellery. u ask them why, oh well if I dress as a Muslim
then no one will like me, theyll say Im a Sufi I
have to look good for the girls wanna take one out for dinner tonight”
but in reality they are making Allah angry and shaitan more happy.
WHATS THE POINT? My dear respected brothers and sisters, I am only 19 Ive
seen a lot in my life and Ive also regretted a lot, Ive been through so
much and Ive realised its all a waste.

Today we dont wake up for fajr because weve been to busy chatting
away on the phone committing ZINAH all night. We miss all the
Salah in the day then lie to our parents saying weve prayed and
they believe us. How much do we disrespect our parents, raise our voicesover
them, swear at them, tell them what to do, talk behind
there backs, the list goes on. Its time we think from the bottom
of our hearts and not the hearts of our bottoms!

What is the point having girl friends and boyfriends when Allah
has chosen our life partners already? It a waste of time and money. We
take each other out, spend like were millionaires and
get dumped the next day with no money in our pocket. And even
then we do not learn and we start this game again with someone else, WHY?
WHY make Allah angry and shaitan happy, what is the point?
Trust me think of Allah and fear Allah, wear a scarf, dress like
Muslims, dont embarrass the Muslim ummah and watch how Allah will
repay you and grant you what you wish for. Please for the sake of Allah let
us quit all the wrong things and all the girl and boy thing, lets get our
lives straight, lets read 5 times Salah and Quran, let us be responsible and
not waste ours and our parents money, lets all
stop running after the dunya like the kuffar and lets prepare for the akhira
so we can build our houses in jannah instead of lighting our fire in hell.

Please understand. I am no perfect guy and this is no lecture but its just
some useful advice. For those who think its rubbish
thats up to you but Ive done my farz in telling you all.
LETS ALL MAKE ALLAH HAPPY AND SHAITAN ANGRY FOR A CHANGE I request
all brothers and sisters to pass this on to as many people as we can and
remember me in you duas wassalam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.