/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Dylan
11-21-2008, 09:05 PM
I figured I should come and properly introduce myself.(I've already started a thread elsewhere seeking some guidance on a good english translation of the Quran). So...My name is Dylan. I'll be starting college soon...I am atheist but being the scholar that I am I am studying all of the major religions among other things. I'm a huge history buff. It was probably my favorite course in school and if not that then definitely mathematics...its too hard for me to choose just one...But I love literature as well. I'm somewhat of a writer/mathematician/scholar/ all in one...I'll probably be around for awhile...once I get my copy of the Quran and begin my studying I'll undoubtedly have questions, comments, etc...I look forward to finding my niche within the forum community.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdul Rahmaan
11-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Welcome brother! Glad to have you here.

Olive
11-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Hi Dylan! Welcome to LI! :D

Abu Ilyas
11-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Welcome,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kwolney01
11-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the forum Dylan!!

I hope you find everything here to be useful in your journey of knowledge!! Feel free to ask whatever you need answered!!

I wish you the best!! :D

Riyadh-ul-Jannah
11-21-2008, 10:42 PM
:sl:

Hi Dylan! Welcome to the forum.

:w:

Zahida
11-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Welcome to the forum............. Hope you enjoy your stay and hope we can answer your questions to the best of our knowledge.

It would be better to start with a simple version of the Koran which is in modern english............. i recommend The Koran by Penguin Classics translated with notes by N.J.Dawood, you can order this online or buy from WH Smiths or bookstore.....

Ali_Cena
11-21-2008, 10:56 PM
:w:, with Islamic Greetings
How are you, welcome to the forum:), hope you like it here, and i am sure you will find your niche in this forum, i think a good website for Quran translations (3 in 1) is the university of south california one www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/ it has 3 translations in 1. and hope to maybe answer some of your questions one day? lol only Allah knows.
Peace be on to you
:sl: with Islamic Goodbye:)

yasin ibn Ahmad
11-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Hello Dylan!

AvarAllahNoor
11-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Nice to have you in this wonderful community of beautiful people of the net. we strive to make your stay here as comfortable as we can. Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance from the staff, they are here to help in any way they can.... (I've been reading to many Hotel policies)

God bless.

- Qatada -
11-24-2008, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dylan
I figured I should come and properly introduce myself.(I've already started a thread elsewhere seeking some guidance on a good english translation of the Quran). So...My name is Dylan. I'll be starting college soon...I am atheist but being the scholar that I am I am studying all of the major religions among other things. I'm a huge history buff. It was probably my favorite course in school and if not that then definitely mathematics...its too hard for me to choose just one...But I love literature as well. I'm somewhat of a writer/mathematician/scholar/ all in one...I'll probably be around for awhile...once I get my copy of the Quran and begin my studying I'll undoubtedly have questions, comments, etc...I look forward to finding my niche within the forum community.

Hey :)

meanwhile, here's some good links;

http://islamreligion.com
http://www.load-islam.com/indepth.php?topic_id=10
http://www.1001inventions.com/

Peace!

Peace!

Hamayun
11-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find what you are looking for :)

The websites brother Qatada mentioned are very good.

Saimah Ali
11-25-2008, 01:54 PM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!