/* */

PDA

View Full Version : virus Alert

~Taalibah~
11-22-2008, 10:42 AM
:sl:
I got this from someone yesterday and thought i'd put it up for you all.
I havnt received this e-mail so far, so i cant say i'm 100% sure it is going around but i believe it supposed to be true.

Please be aware!

Hi All, I checked with Norton Anti- Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus!
I checked snopes (URL above), and it's for real!!

Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP. PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK', regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole C of your computer. This virus will be received from someone who has your E-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called 'POSTCARD' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately.

This is the worst virus announced by CNN, It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee on the 18 of November, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the hard disk, where the vital information is kept.

COPY THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS. REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SixTen
11-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Sounds fake.

doorster
11-22-2008, 11:11 AM
POSTCARD or POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK Virus Hoax - Urban Legends

Olive
11-22-2008, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SixTen
Sounds fake.
You're right, it is. :)

Check out Doorster's link.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
11-22-2008, 12:00 PM
:sl:
It's a hoax.

Problem solved, thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.