/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it too late

AnonymousPoster
11-22-2008, 04:12 PM
is it too late to start practising properly once your in mid 20s i know its never too late to go back to Allah swt but so many years has been wasted so many mistakes so many sins where do u start how can you really be a good person with all those things on ones head and so many years just wasted.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdul Rahmaan
11-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Hey brother, what do you think of reverts? I guess you're not a revert.

You know, most of the companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) were reverts.

Means, it's never too late. :)

AnonymousPoster
11-22-2008, 06:39 PM
But when your are born muslim isnt it worse when after knowing so much and still lived in ignoance and some how still are living in ignorance in some things or other eventhough your trying

IbnAbdulHakim
11-22-2008, 07:47 PM
it is NEVER too late!

you could start practising when your 95 its all good AS LONG AS YOUR ALIVE!

but dont be the fool thinking he'll live for tomorrow, always expect to die 2moro!

live for the moment, worship like you'll die next second..

*make dua' i take my own advice plz, Ameen!*

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
11-22-2008, 08:11 PM
It's only too late wen ur dead. So long ur breathing there is hope for u inshaAllah.

Allah is so merciful, he even rewards us for our intention.

Hadith Qudsi 14.

Allah (glorified and exalted be He) has supernumerary angels who rove about seeking out gatherings in which Allah's name is being invoked: they sit with them and fold their wings round each other, fillin that which is between them and between the lowest heaven. When [the people in the gathering] depart, [the angels] ascend and rise up to heaven. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h.) said: Then Allah (mighty and sublime be He) asks them - [though] He is most knowing about them: From where have you come? And they say: We have come from some servants of Yours on Earth: they were glorifying You (Subhana llah), exalting you (Allahu akbar), witnessing that there is no god but You (La ilaha illa llah), praising You (Al-Hamdu lillah), and asking [favours] of You. He says: And what do they ask of Me? They say: They ask of You Your Paradise. He says: And have they seen My Paradise? They say: No, O Lord.

He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Paradise! They say: And they ask protection of You. He says: From what do they ask protection of Me? They say: From Your Hell-fire, O Lord. He says: And have they seen My Hell-fire? They say: NO. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Hell-fire: They say: And they ask for Your forgiveness. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: Then He says: I have forgiven them and I have bestowed upon them what they have asked for,and I have granted them sanctuary from that from which they asked protection. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: They say: O Lord, among then is So-and-so, a much sinning servant, who was merely passing by and sat down with them. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: And He says: And to him [too] I have given forgiveness: he who sits with such people shall not suffer.

I noticed where the "among then" is on the hadith towards the end, shouldn't it be ""them"".

'Abdul Rahmaan
11-22-2008, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
But when your are born muslim isnt it worse when after knowing so much and still lived in ignoance and some how still are living in ignorance in some things or other eventhough your trying
I think a person who knows everything and is a born Muslim but he never acted upon his knowledge, is yet better than a non Muslim in sight of Allah Taa'ala.

So I think such a Muslim when turns to Allah Taa'ala, he is in no way less important in the sight of Allah Taa'ala than a non-Muslim who reverts to Islam.

And I've already said that most of the companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) were reverts.

And intentions are very important. Someone who is trying to be good (regardess of how much he succeeds) is far better than the one who isn't trying at all.

Aren't you trying to be good?

Just shun these thoughts and continue trying. Turn to Allah Taa'ala and seek His help. Everything will be all right Insha'Allah. You'll see, serious!

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I noticed where the "among then" is on the hadith towards the end, shouldn't it be ""them"".
Hmm! :hmm:

Yea, seems strange.

Amaanah
11-29-2008, 09:30 PM
never too late for anything
death can come at any moment
utilise your time effieciently
Allah help you :inshallah

AntiKarateKid
11-29-2008, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
is it too late to start practising properly once your in mid 20s i know its never too late to go back to Allah swt but so many years has been wasted so many mistakes so many sins where do u start how can you really be a good person with all those things on ones head and so many years just wasted.
On the authority of Anas, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah say:

Allah the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its.”

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 09:33 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

It is never, I repeat... never too late!

Every saint has a past...And every sinner has a future...

WassalamuAlaykum

seeker-of-light
11-29-2008, 10:10 PM
its never too late^_^allah will forgive you for your past sins. start a new life now. and compared to me i guess mid 20s is pretty old but really average human life span is what like 70? 80? something like that so saying that its too late is wrong. but also remember that there are no guarantees for tomorrow.

Zahida
11-29-2008, 10:25 PM
:sl: No it is not too late. Alhumdolillah you have realised and are still young...................:w::)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.