/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eid

ziyad786
11-22-2008, 07:34 PM
:sl:
What do you guys do for eid to make it fun and well differnt from any other day?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sahabiyaat
11-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Nothing

cook
clean
iron
tidy
serve food
make sure the kids dont;
1) choke on anything
2) smash the remote
3) kill each other

Eid is for kids, well, atleast in my house. :)

right path
11-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Eat Eat and Eat more food lol:D

right path
11-22-2008, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
Nothing

cook
clean
iron
tidy
serve food
make sure the kids dont;
1) choke on anything
2) smash the remote
3) kill each other

Yeah agree screaming after everyone else is my highlight at eid specially when you got younger siblings. When you grow older it just doesnt seem the same

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zahida
11-22-2008, 10:59 PM
:sl: Ditto.......... Now i know what it was like for my mum!!!!:D:w:
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
Nothing

cook
clean
iron
tidy
serve food
make sure the kids dont;
1) choke on anything
2) smash the remote
3) kill each other

'Abd-al Latif
11-22-2008, 11:22 PM
:salamext:

All of you are forgetting the purpose of 'Eid and why it's celebrated.

Allah has ordained that Muslims should gather at certain times, among thesetimes are times that take place during the day and night (i.e. 24 hours), namely the five obligatory prayers for which Muslims gather every day and night five times in order to perform them. Moreover, there is a time in every week, namely, the Jumu'ah (Friday) Prayer, which is greater then the gathering for the five obligatory prayers. Furthermore, there are two other times for gathering in the year, namely, the gatherings for the prayers of the Two Feasts ('Eids), which are greater then that of Jumu'ah Prayer, as all muslims of the twon are to gather to perform them. In addition, there is a time of gathering that takes place once a year, namely, the gathering for staying at 'Arafa, which is greater then the gatherings for the Two Feasts ('Eids) in view of the fact that it is ordained for all Muslims over the world.

From IslamQA.com

'Eid is an Arabic word referring to something habitual, that returns and is repeated. Eids or festivals are symbols to be found in every nation, including those that are based on revealed scriptures and those that are idolatrous, as well as others, because celebrating festivals is something that is an instinctive part of human nature. All people like to have special occasions to celebrate, where they can come together and express their joy and happiness.

The festivals of the disbelieving nations may be connected to worldly matters, such as the beginning of the year, the start of an agricultural season, the changing of the weather, the establishment of a state, the accession of a ruler, and so on. They may also be connected to religious occasions, like many of the festivals belonging exclusively to the Jews and Christians, such as the Thursday on which they claim the table was sent down to Jesus, Christmas, New Year's, Thanksgiving, and holidays on which gifts are exchanged. These are celebrated in all European and North American countries nowadays, and in other countries where Christian influence is prevalent, even if the country is not originally Christian.

ziyad786
11-23-2008, 12:18 AM
lol eating seems to the be the major "fun" for the brothers i think..

ajnabee
11-23-2008, 12:35 AM

i love eeeeeeeid! :D

here's how i spend my eid...

first thing is first, my best friend and i go out to our fave cafe for eid breakfast!

my family get all glammed up n normally everyone meets at my nani's house where we have a party for the kids. with specially made eid cake, we bake lots of yummy food n things the night before, party bags, pass the parcel, helium balloons, play party games such as nasheedical statues :D treasure hunt and blind mans buff. eid is all about the kids! :D

the day after eid is dedicated to the adults. we all go out for a meal at a restaurant :D where we have a big ol' laugh!

i cant waiiiiiit! :D i so excited

BlissfullyJaded
11-23-2008, 01:32 AM

Bro 'Abd-al Latif, I don't think by them posting what they do on 'Eid is taking away from what 'Eid is Islamically about. :? We are allowed to celebrate within the boundaries of Shari'ah on the days of 'Eid. After all, Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) did not prevent festivities from taking place in Madeenah or stop the girls from singing and dancing.

That said, great post mashaAllah. :)

And um, we don't do much for 'Eid, and if it's on Monday this year, then I'll be taking exams in the morning. Maybe we'll go out in the evening...

Intisar
11-23-2008, 02:55 AM
:sl: Making sure the kids are having fun, cooking a nice meal with mumsies and sisters, buying the kid's candies and taking them to Eid prayer in the morning and talking about Islam in the car on our way there. That's what my Eid consists of.

_PakistaN_
11-23-2008, 05:33 AM
ummm lets c...i might go out with my bois or i usually spend eid like any other day doing normal stuff

Olive
11-23-2008, 08:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ziyad786
lol eating seems to the be the major "fun" for the brothers i think..
Yup, I agree! :D

aysegul
11-23-2008, 09:10 AM
ı just wanna sleeep after the guests :D
kiddin ,reading quran,pray,studying ......

'Abd-al Latif
11-23-2008, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

Bro 'Abd-al Latif, I don't think by them posting what they do on 'Eid is taking away from what 'Eid is Islamically about. :? We are allowed to celebrate within the boundaries of Shari'ah on the days of 'Eid. After all, Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) did not prevent festivities from taking place in Madeenah or stop the girls from singing and dancing.

That said, great post mashaAllah. :)

And um, we don't do much for 'Eid, and if it's on Monday this year, then I'll be taking exams in the morning. Maybe we'll go out in the evening...
:wasalamex

Yes, but what I meant is that everyday is a day of worship, regardless of age. During the 'Eid prayer the Prophet (saws) would recite certain surahs, such as Surah Al-A'la (The Most High), Sura al-Ghashiyah (The Overwhelming Event), for example, and if you reflect upon why specifically these and other narrated surahs then it would because they will remind you of aakhira and it makes one free from thinking he has done Allah a favour by observing obligatory acts of worship, rather it will make one contemplate if his worship was done correctly and it will remind us that 'Eid is a favour from Allah because it's a blessed day.

My point is, 'Eid is more then cooking food and meeting the family, it's one of the greatest days of the year for the muslims and the only celebration that will bring you benefit in aakhira.

Periwinkle18
11-23-2008, 02:33 PM
First i wake up early and feed the goat then when it's getting slaughtered i see it. my mum takes the meat and keeps sum for ourselves and gives the rest to the needy people. we make biryani or pizza and hav bbq's in the night.

Saimah Ali
11-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Most of us guys and girls go Green Street or Wimmy Road

north_malaysian
11-24-2008, 07:20 AM
For Eid Al Adha, usually all the family will go to the mosque for eid prayer, qurban, cook and everybody (in the community) eat there...

syilla
11-24-2008, 02:08 PM
usually what we did on eiduladha... we did qurban...then we cook fresh meat and serve the everyone. It is fun cause everyone will help and do their part.

north_malaysian
11-25-2008, 01:59 AM
our musalla will be having 2 cows for the Eid... :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!