:sl:
I want to know why Tattoos are haram
Aren't they like Henna?
Please clarify :)
Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-23-2008, 01:13 PM
because it makes ghusl pretty difficult and wherever the tattoo is your gonna be dirty!

therefore invalid prayers and all that :)

'Abd al-Baari
11-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Assalamu 'Alaykum Warahmatullah,

Tattooing, in which the skin is pierced with a needle and a blue or other coloured dye is injected, is haraam in all forms, whether it causes pain or not, because it involves changing the creation of Allaah, and because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who does tattoos and the one for whom that is done. In al-Saheehayn it is narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “May Allaah curse the women who do tattoos and those for whom tattoos are done, those who pluck their eyebrows and those who file their teeth for the purpose of beautification and alter the creation of Allaah.” (al-Bukhaari, al-Libaas, 5587; Muslim, al-Libaas, 5538).

With regard to all these matters, the ahaadeeth testify that the one who does them is cursed and that they are major sins. There is some difference of scholarly opinion as to the reason why they are forbidden. It was said that it is because they are a form of deception, and it was said that it is because it is a way of changing the creation of Allaah, as Ibn Mas’ood said – which is more correct and also includes the first meaning. And it was suggested that what is forbidden is only that which is permanent, because that is changing the creation of Allaah; as for that which is not permanent, such as kohl which used for adornment by women, that is permitted by the scholars.

So if what is referred to in the question is that which is not permanent, then it is not a tattoo as such and does not change the creation of Allaah.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/20283/

Wa'Alaykumus Salaam.

sirajstc
11-23-2008, 01:30 PM
haram

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aminahjaan
12-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Looool yes I KNOW it's Haram I was just asking why out of curiosity I'm not gonna tattoo mom on my arm haha. Thank you for the clarification, though.
Yeah I totally see the point because it does change the creation of Allah. So would things like colored contacts and make-up fall under that? Because my friend wears those disgusting colored contacts and I think they're haram, I'm not 100% sure.

Tony
12-13-2008, 11:59 AM
I have a tattoo from years back, am I forgivn this as it was b4 I reverted, or should I get it removed. peace

crayon
12-13-2008, 12:05 PM
^^^
"if these tattoos cannot be removed easily or if you have to spend a lot of money to remove them, then you should not worry about them."

source

Tony
12-13-2008, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
^^^
"if these tattoos cannot be removed easily or if you have to spend a lot of money to remove them, then you should not worry about them."

source
ok thanks

Snowflake
12-13-2008, 01:27 PM
So would things like colored contacts and make-up fall under that?
Contact lenses conceal the true eye-colour which amounts to deception. So yes they fall in the same catagory. In my opinion it's also like saying you can do better than what Allah has created - na udhu billah!

What cracks me up is when people think they look amazing but don't realise people are staring because their contact lens has slipped making them look cross-eyed. Scary! lol

Tony
12-13-2008, 01:34 PM
What cracks me up is when people think they look amazing but don't realise people are staring because their contact lens has slipped making them look cross-eyed. Scary! lol[/QUOTE]

hahaha:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.