/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Concentration/Focus

Questfortruth
11-24-2008, 12:23 AM
:sl:

How can I make my concentration better? I seem to get lost in thoughts easily. I was told to try and concentrate on one thing in order to improve my focus. But I cannot even control my thoughts. What is the best way to improve my concentration and focus for Salah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
11-24-2008, 04:07 AM
Reflecting the meaning of every ayat you recite is crucial. Think, think think about that one ayat, it's wonderful meaning in the context it was revealed in and the meaning it has in the world and your life now.

I don't have any formal tips but...
I've try to prepare myself before I go into Salat.

Right before I go, I think about the problems and issues and wars around the world. The injustices of Palestine, the Muslims of China, the brainwashing through television of innocent little children, orphans, riots...etc.
Think about the recent stories you read about Sahabahs and the Prophet. The problems they went through. The remembrance of Pain and struggle softens the hearts, and brings a person to position in which he or she realizes that survival depends on Allah (swt). The Only thing to Fear is Allah (swt) and in fearing only him, one depends on Him and relieves the natural fears of anything else, fear of poverty, fear of criticism/rejection from others,etc. You must understand your weakness as a human and then you can begin in humility, for only worship to Allah (swt) gives you any strength.
Death is always imminent. You could die the minute you do sujud or turn to finish your prayer. Do you want your last action to be a poorly said prayer?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.