/* */

PDA

View Full Version : wiswaas from the shaytaan

anonymous
11-24-2008, 08:05 AM
i keep getting these thoughts to insult (or that i have insulted) the Prophet (sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam) which is causing me great distress :(

i went though this a couple of years back and it got me so down that i couldnt eat properly. i lost weight thinking that i was a kaafir. i couldnt do anything properly, even my studies had suffered.

i feel like such a hypocrite for defending him when he is insulted becuse i myself feel like im a kaafir. i feel that i should be put to death :skeleton:

i feel outta my mind. sometimes i dont feel that im sane :-[ is it possible to be insane and still realise it :?

i dont wanna go through this again :( imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sahabiyaat
11-24-2008, 09:57 AM
:sl:

The stonger you are, the more you succeed,the more obscene Shaytaans whispers/suggestions/doubts will get, and the fact that you are so distressed is a sign of your fear of Allah and emaan.

So dont worry;Heres some info http://islam4me.wordpress.com/2008/0...-the-accursed/

Whispering of Shytaan, The Accursed

Fatawa Arkanul Islam
Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Uthaymeen (Rahimallah) Pgs. 55-60

Question:
There is a man who suffers from the whisperings of Shaytan. He whispers things to him that are great sins, concerning Allah, the Almighty, the All-Powerful and he is very much afraid of this; what is the advice of your eminence?
Answer:
Regarding what has been mentioned concerning the problem of the questioner, which is that he fears the result of it, I say to him: Rejoice at the good news that there will be no result from it except a good result. This is the whispering by which Shaytan assails the believers in order to upset the sound belief in their hearts and to cause them sprirtual and mental agitation and disturb the serenity of their faith, indeed the serenity of their lives, if they are believers.

He is not the 1st among the people of faith to be confronted by this situation, nor is he the last, for it will continue as long as there is a believer in the world; and this same situation confronted the Sahabahs ( radiallahu anhum), for it was reported o n the authority of Abu Hurayrah (radiallahu anhu) that he said:

“Some people from among the Companions of the Messenger of Allah came to the Rasool ( alayhi salatul wasalam) and said to him, ‘Verily we perceive in our minds that which every o ne of us considers too grave to express’.

He (alayhi salatul wasalam) said:
“Do you really perceive it?

“They said: “Yes”. Upon this he (alayhi salatul wasalam) remarked:
“That is true faith.” *

* [(It was reported by Muslim in the Book of Faith, in the Chapter of Explanation of the (evil) whispering regarding Faith (132)]

In the Two Sahihs , it is also narrated from Abu Hurayrah ( radiallahu anhu) that the Rasool (alayhi salatul wasalam) said:

“Satan may come to anyone of you and say: ‘Who created such and such? Who created such and such?’ until he says, ‘Who created your Lord?’ So, when he inspires such a question, o ne should seek refuge w/Allah and give up such thoughts.” *

* (Reported by Bukhari in the Book of Beginning of Creation, in the Chapter: The description of Iblis and his Legions (3276) and it was reported by Muslim in the Book of Faith, in the Chapter o n the Description of the (evil) Whispering regarding Faith (134).

It is reported o n the authority of Ibn Abbas (radiallahu anhu) that a man came to the Rasool (alayhi salatul wasalam) and said: “Oh, Messenger of Allah! o ne of us has thoughts of such a nature that he would rather be reduced to charcoal than speak about them.” The Rasool ( alayhi salatul wasalam) said:
“All praise and thanks be to Allah who has reduced his matter (shaytan’s guile) to (evil) whispering.” *

*(It was reported by Abu Dawud in the Book of Good Manners, in the Chapter: Regarding the response to (evil) Whispering (5112) and by Imam Ahmed in Al-Musnad (1:340)

Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyah (rahimallah ) said in the Book of Faith:
“The believer is put to trial by the whispering of Satan, the whispering of kufr which causes him distress, as the Companions (radiallahu anhum) said: “Oh Messenger of Allah! o ne of us has thoughts within himself of such a nature that he would rather fall down from the heaven than speak of them.” The Rasool ( alayhi salatul wasalam) said:

“That is true faith”

And in another narration: “he considers it too grave to express.” He (alayhi salatul wasalam) said:

“All praise and thanks are Allah’s who has reduced his (shaytan) intrigue to (evil) whispering)”

That is, the occurence of his whispering along with this great hatred for it and repelling it from the heart is a part of true faith, like the warrior in Allah’s Cause who met the enemy and fought him until he overcame him, for that is a great Jihad up to his words.

This why the seekers of knowledge and worship are assailed by whispering and uncertainty which do not afflict another, b/c he (the other) does not follow the Law of Allah and His way; rather, he follows his own desires, heedless of the rememberance of his Lord and this is the goal of Shaytan, as opposed to those who turn towards their Lord with knowledge and (acts of ) worship, for he is their enemy and he seeks to prevent them from (worshipping) Allah, the Most High.

So, I say to this questioner: o nce it is clear to you that this whispering is from Shaytan, then you must struggle and stand against it, know that it will never harm you as long as you undertake the necessary struggle, reject it and cease thinking about it. The Rasool (alayhi salatul wasalam) said:

“Allah has forgiven what is whispered in the hearts of my followers, unless they put it into action or utter it.” *

*(Reported by Bukhari in the Book of Manumission, in the Chapter: Error and Forgetfulness in Manumission and Divorce (2528) and by Muslim in the Book of Faith, in the Chapter: Allah has forgiven what is whispered in heart (127)

And if it is said to you:

Do you believe what is whispered to you? And do you think it is the truth? And is it possible to describe Allah, the Most Glorified by it? You would say: It is not for us to speak of this; Glorified are You (Oh Allah), this is a great lie! You would reject it with your heart and by your words; and of the people, you would flee further than any of them from it. Then it is, o nly whispering and perils displayed to your heart, and a window to polythesim from Shaytan, who courses throughout the human body as blood courses through it, in order to destroy and obscure your deen for you.

This is why you find that Shaytan does not place doubt or rejection about trivial things in your heart, so you hear for example, of the existence of large and important cities filled w/residents and buildings in the east and west and yet doubt their existence never o*nce crossed your mind, nor regarding their faults, such as that their buildings are destroyed or are unfit for habitation or that there are no occupants in them and so o n. There is no goal for Shaytan in making man kind doubt such things. But Shaytan’s important great goal is destroying the faith of the believer, so he strives by his horse, and o n o n foot, to extinguish the light of knowledge and guidance in o ne’s heart and to cause him to fall into the darkness of doubt and uncertainty.

The Rasool (alayhi salatul wasalam) explained the beneficial medicine which contains a cure for this:

“Then let him seek refuge with Allah and cease doing it.”

If a person ceases doing that and continues to worship Allah, seeking & desiring that which is with Allah, it will stop troubling him, by Allah’s Power. So, avoid all suppositions which pass through your heart o n this subject and worship Allah, supplicate to Him and glorfiy Him, and if you heard anyone describing Him with what was whispered to him, you would kill him if you could. Therefore, what is whispered is not a fact; rather it is simply thoughts and whisperings which have no basis. Like in the case of someone wearing a clean garment which he has just washed and then he is assailed by thoughts that maybe it is impure, and maybe it is not permissble to pray in it, but he should pay no heed to this.

And my advice may be summarized as follows:

1. Seek protection with Allah and completely stop these suppositions as the Rasool (alayhi salatul wasalam) ordered us to do.

2. Mention Allah, the Most High and restrain yourself from this whisperings.

3. Wholehearted dedication to worship and acting in accordance with the Command of Allah and seeking His Pleasure, for when you give worship your undivided attention with earnestness and striving, you will forget about occupying yourself with this whispering, Inshallah.

4. Seeking refuge with Allah much and asking Him to protect you from this thing.And I ask Allah, the Most High for protection for you and safety from every evil and every destable thing.

:w:

themuffinman
11-24-2008, 11:36 AM
omg im soooooo glad you mentioned this, becuz it has been causing me a great deal of stress lately and i was deathly afraid to ask anyone, i would rather die than speak these thoughts out loud. what i been trying to do is constantly say astaghfaar with all my heart and soul into it ( at one point i was in tears), and subhanalla with all my heart and soul. i find it helps

MO783
11-24-2008, 01:01 PM
:sl:

May Allah make it easy for you

dont worry i get alot of thoughts as well

just keep paying

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mahir
11-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Wa Alaikumu Salaam sister/brother!

I have been through this for several months, as Muhammad(saw) said, it is only true iman!

When you wake up, and go to the bathroom you get Waswasa the most right? lool this is Shaytan 100%!

Before you pray, you get the most insulting thoughts? 100% Shaytan

When you eat, you feel you want to stop because of the grieve,,, 100% shaytan

When you feel 1% happy, you get insulting thoughts? 100% Shaytan

You understand a thing, then the same problem comes back as if you never understood it? 10000% Shaytan lool!

Sister/Brother, believe me I have been through this and it isn't easy! Just rememner, YOU and NOT the only ONE.

Keep watching Dr Zakir Naik and Ahmad Deedat videos, you will get your eman up as the clouds, you have to nurtr your eman like a flower, you have to water it!

Keep reading books and keep fighting Shaytan as if he is infront of you, every time you get an insult in your brain, go down for Sajda, then if he keeps insulting, say "He believes he's gonna make me into a murtad lool" and laugh alittle, well most people would say you are crazy but it works Wallah he gets offended really hard so that he wants to pull of his hair (Hair?)

Recite the Qur'an when you feel you want to sing, it is much better to recite the Qur'an then singing because Shaytan wants you to sing instead of remembering Allah!

keep away from bad people because you will just gain love for the Dunya in this way, and this is poison to the heart!

Keep on doing Dawah, Be a level above Shaytan, for example if he whispers alot, you make Dawah much more (Or something simillar), when he whispers EXTRA Much, you make Dawah Extra extra Much!

I hope this helps sister

Argamemnon
11-24-2008, 04:44 PM
When I was younger I also went through a period where I thought I was becoming a disbeliever. I cried a lot and read Islamic books. Don't worry, keep reading the Qur'an. The fact that you feel sad shows that you are not a disbeliever.

Tony
12-18-2008, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Mahir;

Keep on doing Dawah, Be a level above Shaytan, for example if he whispers alot, you make Dawah much more (Or something simillar), when he whispers EXTRA Much, you make Dawah Extra extra Much!

Subhan Allah, May Allah guide you and bless you bro :D:D:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.