/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Implying that someone is not muslim when they are.

AnonymousPoster
11-25-2008, 05:14 PM
I know someone who doesnt wear hijab but her one daughter does and her other daughter doesnt. Whenever she goes to her relatives house every time they welcome them by saying to the daughter that does hijab "hello Muslim. Look shes a muslim and they arent" referring to my friend and her other daughter.
These relatives are all hijabis and just because my friend and her other daughter dont do hijab they call them nonmuslims. This doesnt seem right to me.
It bothers her a little but shes not the sort of person to speak up for herself and she doesnt know what to say.
What should she say in response to this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kwolney01
11-25-2008, 07:53 PM
I can see how comments like this would hurt her. Wearing the hijab is not as easy as some way think, people are different and they handle things differently. Maybe she just isn't ready to start wearing it, that doesn't mean she is not a Muslim.

I would correct them each time they said it if it were me, because these comments would really hurt me. I want to be proud to be called a Muslim and I wouldn't want anyone saying I wasn't simply because "they" think I'm not.

I hope this helps, and I wish you all the best as well as your friend!! :D

Jazak Allah Khair

islamirama
11-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Are the people saying this also Muslim or not?

If a Muslim calls another Muslim a kuffar (non-muslim aka disbeliever) without any justification than that person himself has left Islam. Unless he repents and say the shahada again, he/she is a non-Muslim till then.

If they are non-Muslims, then they should be corrected. If you are there then you should speak up. Not wearing a hijab does not make one a non-Muslim. Everyone has their level of commitment based on their knowledge and faith. Even her hijabi daughter should speak or her other daughter.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-28-2008, 09:54 AM
:sl:
just ignore them, inshallah :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.