/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Strange I know

جوري
11-25-2008, 07:10 PM
:sl:

I have recently crushed my glasses by mistake, to make a long story short, my new pair will be ready in a couple of weeks, and I can't use 'contact lenses to read for many reasons which I don't wish to get into..

the problem now is I have some important text to read, and these books can only be opened under adobe digital editions, for some reason it won't open under regular PDF... the text is very small and there are problems when I adjust width and length..

I am having a very difficult time reading, and tried to download this program for visually impaired people so it can read the text for me but that didn't work out for me at all, and actually had a difficult time removing it from my laptop..

is there a program I can download that will be independent a part of desktop in lieu of firefox or internet explorer that that I can open to magnify text on adobe or perhaps some reader program where I can highlight text and it will show it in a separate window a sentence at a time, at a particular pace?

Jazakoum Allah khyran..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
11-25-2008, 07:18 PM
:salamext:

Not sure if you've tried this;

on XP.

All programs - accessories - accessability - magnifier

جوري
11-25-2008, 07:19 PM
lol don't apologize..

I was trying to look for an update or the features myself to see if I can make my own life easier

http://www.adobe.com/products/digita...?promoid=DTEIO

the digital edition is made for bought books, it has a few good features.. but the zooming of it isn't working out for me for multiple reasons.. I need magnification line by line, sort of like a portable magnifying ruler is there is such a thing?

جوري
11-25-2008, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

on XP.

interesting indeed... exactly what I need.. but so difficult to maneuver.. I might just get the hang of it

Baraka Allah feek

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-25-2008, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

on XP.

:sl:

just really wanted to thank you (and bro alpha) for trying to help me

the feature really works great, I have room for my private notes, the full page of uncut text and to read line by line magnified not a problem..

takes a little bit of getting used to by navigation but over all, exactly what I needed...

Jazakoum Allah khyran

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Aslaamalaikum sis, hopefully its going good for you inshaAllah, you can also get a program which reads out the text once pasted into it's box and a program which can rip the text into diffrent formats so you can read it in ms word, notepad etc. If you still need them let me know.

جوري
11-25-2008, 11:28 PM
oh those would be great insha'Allah..

yes pls share them if you are able

Jazaka Allah khyran

Olive
11-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Try Ctrl+(scroll your mouse scroller thingy up)?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.