/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I really want to obey Allah!

anonymous
11-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey guys and girls,

I really want to obey Allah and if i know something is haram i will try to avoid it like for instance when i wasn't practising I used to hang around with a group of non-muslims they were all girls apart from one. I was really good mates with him...then we left high school and went to different 6th froms i started practicising. However, speak ocassionaly on facebook and msn just hi and thats it. Anywayz we were really good mates and one of my other mates said lets all go out this friday and I was going to say yes but they invited this boy now i know freemixing is haram so i'm not going.

However here is were my problem lies i make excuses for not going out with them instead of saying its haram. I don't now why i don't have sufficient information about islam to explain why things are haram and i dont want to say wrong things. another example my friend invited me to her party but I just said I can't come and made up some lame excuse I feel bad like although im not doing the bad deeds I'm ashamed of my faith or soemthign an im really not!

We got parents evening and the male teachers are going to shake my hand but I'm thinking of excuses to make my hands looks like their doing something else instead of saying look i don;t shake hands with men one of the reasons is cos one of the men I can tell clearly doesn't like religion at all. But why should I care as i'm writing this i guess it does come across as im ashamed of my faith or something but I do LOVE ISLAM.

And i really don't wanna fear humans and other things, only Allah. But I feel like i have really low iman that i don't even know anything about my religion. I get scared that I'll never change!

Please just advise me

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
11-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Just explain it.

I have the same problem. But to be honest, it was harder when I just couldn't explain myself.

Be serious. Come to your friend before it get to another awkward situation.
Tell her, "I've been thinking a lot for a while. and I've come to decide that I want to be a practicing Muslim. I've already slowly started trying. I find peace in religion, in Islam. It's something that has become important in my religion. I don't care about parties, guys, and all that superficial junk. ( and asses the importance of religion to you, so she can understand) Islam is everything in my life. We'll be friends, but we can only choose our paths separately. (tell her how you feel compared to how you used to) I feel great and happy with my religion. It opened my eyes...etc. ..."

If you tell everyone beforehand and announce your new self. They'll understand, your changing should not be their problem. =) They won't even bother asking you to do haram things. and you have to be careful not do haram things because then it looks bad, and they'll think you're not serious. And if they do ask you to enjoin in haram, simply smile and refuse and say "remember..I'm practising" =)

don't be embarassed. If you tell you teachers with anxiety that you can't shake their hands because of your religion. They'll see it as "oh it's just something she has to do, but doesn't really want to do." But if you say it with confidence because it is a serious matter. The teachers will take it very seriously and realize "hey, she's doing this because she think it's serious and she takes her religion seriously". You shouldn't be embarassed about your religion because of other's ignorance. Be confident. Be grateful to Allah (swt) by showing your Islam in ways that beautify and honor its ways. =)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.